ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   DRAFT DAY 2 Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41737)

smitty46953 04-27-2018 09:48 PM

Like to see us sign C.J. Anderson :cool:

smitty46953 04-27-2018 09:53 PM

Andrew Walker‏Verified account @AWalkerColts · 2m2 minutes ago

Chris Ballard last night mentioned the special feeling at Dez Bryant’s Pro Day years ago. So I just asked him if the Colts would be interested in the free agent WR. “Well, Dez Bryant’s a heck of a player. We’ll see.” Wrapping up the draft remains immediate priority, obviously.

:cool:

Dam8610 04-27-2018 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 65399)
Andrew Walker‏Verified account @AWalkerColts · 2m2 minutes ago

Chris Ballard last night mentioned the special feeling at Dez Bryant’s Pro Day years ago. So I just asked him if the Colts would be interested in the free agent WR. “Well, Dez Bryant’s a heck of a player. We’ll see.” Wrapping up the draft remains immediate priority, obviously.

:cool:

Sounds good to me. Good compliment to Hilton. Hopefully a veteran RB can be had as well.

1965southpaw 04-27-2018 09:56 PM

End of q3. Pacers by 25

Dam8610 04-27-2018 09:57 PM

Damnit. There goes Green. Carroll will turn him into a player.

Chromeburn 04-27-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 65371)
Ballard stressed speed on D. Both Turay and Lewis ran 4.65 40's
:cool:

Tyquan Lewis had an RAS score of 9.53, and Turay had a 9.32. Definitely good athletes. Braden was a 9.71.

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2...aft-class-ras/

Dam8610 04-27-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 65403)
Tyquan Lewis had an RAS score of 9.53, and Turay had a 9.32. Definitely good athletes. Braden was a 9.71.

https://relativeathleticscores.com/2...aft-class-ras/

Lorenzo Carter was a 10. I'm not sold on Turay. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

YDFL Commish 04-27-2018 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 65374)
I think Chester Rodgers will play well and produce in Reich's offense. We are probably set at CB other than depth and special teams.

Need a RB. I'd also like Hurst.

Glad we got another OL. Better than expensive half-assed OL fixes.

Our new LB and Edge players are total unknowns to me. Time for Coach Mathis to earn his pay.

No we aren't.

Maniac 04-27-2018 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 65323)
Two 1st team All-American Guards are not to bad to me ... Perhaps need went into it as Ballard said he was going front 7 on both sides ... :cool:

Oh I have no problem with those picks. It just puts to bed the whole idea that Ballard is a guy who is strictly going BPA.

YDFL Commish 04-27-2018 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 65400)
Sounds good to me. Good compliment to Hilton. Hopefully a veteran RB can be had as well.

Really, a guy who runs only 2 or 3 routes and has a less than 60% catch rate?

Chromeburn 04-27-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 65381)
Another guy to watch for that role (maybe at the end of Round 5?) is John Franklin-Myers. Small school athlete who also could play that power end position, or maybe even just kick inside entirely.

Hmm rare that someone mentions a guy I haven't heard of. Don't know anything about him. Says he would make a good 3-tech in a 4-3. And apparently also according to walterfootball, Tyquan Lewis also had a good week of practice at the senior bowl.

I remember Turay impressing during practices that were on ESPN.

FatDT 04-27-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 65405)
No we aren't.

Not saying I don't want a better CB but I don't see where it'll come from this year.

ZiaColt 04-27-2018 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 65374)
I think Chester Rodgers will play well and produce in Reich's offense. We are probably set at CB other than depth and special teams.

Need a RB. I'd also like Hurst.

Glad we got another OL. Better than expensive half-assed OL fixes.

Our new LB and Edge players are total unknowns to me. Time for Coach Mathis to earn his pay.

"set at CB other than depth" means the Colts have zero depth at CB after losing Melvin.

I can give CB the benefit of the doubt re: Nelson over R. Smith in Round 1, especially if he feels D. Leonard can do almost everything, if not everything, Smith can do and was definitely going to be available in Round 2.

I can give CB the benefit of the doubt re: B. Smith at #37 if he feels Smith can move to tackle and, given his athleticism and frame and IQ, be at least as good as any remaining RT still on the board.

I can give CB the benefit of the doubt re: picking Turay IF he's already put himself in a position to get a CB like Davis later on.

I can give CB the benefit of the doubt re: picking T. Lewis IF he's already picked a CB like D. Jackson or I. Oliver earlier in the draft.

I have a far harder time giving CB the benefit of the doubt, on a team that already has Sheard, Basham and Simon on its roster, and has signed Autry as an FA, when it comes to burning 2 draft picks on BOTH Turay and Lewis.

I can only guess that it means CB must truly like Tremon Smith a lot and expects him to still be available, maybe, with one of the 5th round picks.

Chromeburn 04-27-2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 65404)
Lorenzo Carter was a 10. I'm not sold on Turay. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Yeah I saw that. Turay and Carter seemed the same to me. Kinda underachievers. Maybe they went with Turay after working with him at the senior bowl. Hope he works as well.

Dam8610 04-27-2018 10:41 PM

Since everyone has been talking about CB, I think Anthony Averett would be a good get at 104. Don't like the Jaguars getting Ronnie Harrison.

Chromeburn 04-27-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiaColt (Post 65423)
"set at CB other than depth" means the Colts have zero depth at CB after losing Melvin.

I can give CB the benefit of the doubt re: Nelson over R. Smith in Round 1, especially if he feels D. Leonard can do almost everything, if not everything, Smith can do and was definitely going to be available in Round 2.

I can give CB the benefit of the doubt re: B. Smith at #37 if he feels Smith can move to tackle and, given his athleticism and frame and IQ, be at least as good as any remaining RT still on the board.

I can give CB the benefit of the doubt re: picking Turay IF he's already put himself in a position to get a CB like Davis later on.

I can give CB the benefit of the doubt re: picking T. Lewis IF he's already picked a CB like D. Jackson or I. Oliver earlier in the draft.

I have a far harder time giving CB the benefit of the doubt, on a team that already has Sheard, Basham and Simon on its roster, and has signed Autry as an FA, when it comes to burning 2 draft picks on BOTH Turay and Lewis.

I can only guess that it means CB must truly like Tremon Smith a lot and expects him to still be available, maybe, with one of the 5th round picks.

Two CB's I like for tomorrow is Anthony averett and Parry Nicholson.

YDFL Commish 04-27-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 65426)
Two CB's I like for tomorrow is Anthony averett and Parry Nicholson.

I really like Davontae Harris.

Dam8610 04-27-2018 11:16 PM

Hurst at 104 would be a really good get. Getting a top 50 talent at 104 due to medicals would be a huge win.

Dam8610 04-27-2018 11:31 PM

Ideal Day 3:

104) DT Maurice Hurst
140) LB Genard Avery
169) CB Holton Hill
221) DE John Franklin-Myers

UDFA focus on CB, WR, RB, TE

Chromeburn 04-27-2018 11:41 PM

Guys I like tomorrow

Hurst / Trenton Thompson
Daeshon Hamilton /Keke coutee/ Jaleel Scoot /Deontay Burnett
Nyheim Hines/Ito Smith/Kallen Ballage
Rashad Fant/Parry Nicholson /Anthony Averett
Shaqeen Griffen/Obo Okronkwo

Spike 04-27-2018 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 65404)
Lorenzo Carter was a 10. I'm not sold on Turay. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Yeah, I'm not sold on Turay either. Didn't like this pick at all, but hopefully Ballard and Reich know more than I do.

Dam8610 04-27-2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 65438)
Guys I like tomorrow

Hurst / Trenton Thompson
Daeshon Hamilton /Keke coutee
Nyheim Hines/Ito Smith/Kallen Ballage
Rashad Fant/Parry Nicholson /Anthony Averett
Shaqeen Griffen/Obo Okronkwo

Trenton Thompson is another guy the Colts are likely looking at. Big, long, athletic DT. Since Ballard went for Turay, I have to think Ade Aruna is on his radar tomorrow as well, though he may be more of a PFA.

ZiaColt 04-28-2018 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 65426)
Two CB's I like for tomorrow is Anthony averett and Parry Nicholson.

the one that's probably head and shoulders above the rest in terms of raw talent is Hill. Physically he's a late-first, early-second round prospect.

Unfortunately, he's also a guy who missed several games on suspension due to team rules violations, so if I'm Ballard I'd want to be 100% convinced he's gotten all of that out of his system before I invested a draft pick on him.

Indiana V2 04-28-2018 06:42 AM

Wasn't enamored with several of our 2nd round picks, I understand Ballard wants to strengthen the offensive and defensive lines, but a couple of these guys were reaches, we could have probably found some of these same guys, or similarly talented guys later, and could have traded back to get them if these were the guys Ballard targeted.

As someone else said, these picks seemed like Grigson picks. I sure hope Ballard knows what he's doing. We really need a quality WR now.

Puck 04-28-2018 08:36 AM

Mike Mayock on our 2nd round picks

Quote:

36. Darius Leonard, LB, Indianapolis Colts

An off-the-ball linebacker. We know what this guy is. He's a dynamic, off the ball run and chase linebacker. He can play third down in your sub package, he can cover tight ends, you can drop him to a running back.

37. Braden Smith, G, Indianapolis Colts

Best blocker in the SEC. He's a powerful people mover. He's played inside, he's played outside. It'll be interesting to see where they line him up.

52. Kemoko Turay, DE, Indianapolis Colts

I saw a kid with height, weight and speed that really was raw and didn't have much of an idea of what he was doing. This pick is all about the upside.

FatDT 04-28-2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Keke coutee
You made that up right? There's no actual human named that.

Dam8610 04-28-2018 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 65466)
You made that up right? There's no actual human named that.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/keke-c...8-5a8f157c26e5

VeveJones007 04-28-2018 09:30 AM

I’m underwhelmed by the Day 2 picks on paper. Hopefully the analysts that I trust were more wrong than Ballard.

YDFL Commish 04-28-2018 09:40 AM

Day 3 possibilities, Tyrell Crosby (if Ballard thinks he's an OT and not an OG), Deshean Hamilton, Nyheim Hynes, Davontae Harris, Genard Avery, Simmie Cobbs, Royce Freeman, Shaquem Griffin, Marcus Allen

Chromeburn 04-28-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiaColt (Post 65458)
the one that's probably head and shoulders above the rest in terms of raw talent is Hill. Physically he's a late-first, early-second round prospect.

Unfortunately, he's also a guy who missed several games on suspension due to team rules violations, so if I'm Ballard I'd want to be 100% convinced he's gotten all of that out of his system before I invested a draft pick on him.

I read Hill had some character questions surrounding him, that is why I left him off. I don't see Ballard drafting anyone with character concerns when he is trying to build a locker room. I'll add Quentin Meeks to that list as well of guys I like..

Chromeburn 04-28-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 65477)
Day 3 possibilities, Tyrell Crosby (if Ballard thinks he's an OT and not an OG), Deshean Hamilton, Nyheim Hynes, Davontae Harris, Genard Avery, Simmie Cobbs, Royce Freeman, Shaquem Griffin, Marcus Allen

Freeman went to the Broncos. I like Allen, good playmaker in the secondary. It it a good safety class this year. I think Kyzir White is still available and he reminds me of a Cam Chancellor type who will light people up.

Chromeburn 04-28-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 65443)
Trenton Thompson is another guy the Colts are likely looking at. Big, long, athletic DT. Since Ballard went for Turay, I have to think Ade Aruna is on his radar tomorrow as well, though he may be more of a PFA.

I kinda see him as a 3-4 end since he doesn't have a lot of pass rush potential. Turay did something at the senior bowl that really impressed them and made them think he can be a rusher. But they did say they will have waves of DL attacking, 8 players. So if they can move inside on passing downs that probably makes them more valuable to Ballard.

I'm still hoping for Hurst. I haven't been screaming this much for a player since I was yelling at grigson to spend at least a 7th on Burfict, and a 7th on Lael Collins.

Racehorse 04-28-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka (Post 65115)
I’m gonna go out on a limb here, and predict we go all Guard from here on out.

Well, partially right

Racehorse 04-28-2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 65175)
Nice write up on Leonard.

Darius Leonard, ILB/OLB, South Carolina State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 229. Arm: 34.13. Hand: 10.38.
40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2018): 2-3.
4/25/18: Scouting sources told me that Leonard really impressed them during the fall. He flew around the field, producing a lot for his defense. Leonard amassed 113 tackles with eight tackles for a loss, eight sacks, one pass batted, two interceptions and one forced fumble in 2017. He has a knack for making plays behind the line of scrimmage, totaling 42 tackles for a loss with 13.5 sacks combined over his freshman, sophomore and junior years. Leonard has NFL size and dominated his level of competition. He was impressive at the Senior Bowl, showing pass-coverage ability while also running sideline-to-sideline in the ground game.


http://walterfootball.com/draft2018ILB.php

Sounds like a poor man's Roquon Smith, so I like the pick.

Racehorse 04-28-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 65260)
I heard an interview with grigs this week on NFL radio. He was super fucking humble. Guy has fallen far.

Isn't the guy unemployed? That would make a guy humble.

Racehorse 04-28-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 65273)
Considering they're both edge guys, not so much.

Yes, it does. Now we can push for an opening in the middle and those edge guys cannot tee off.

Racehorse 04-28-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiaColt (Post 65311)
maybe Oliver or Davis is there at #67

Griffin at 67 is my hope

Racehorse 04-28-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt Classic (Post 65324)
'Bron just got a bloody eye socket. Not sure what happened but he looks stunned. :cool:

This is why he chose basketball, even though he has a football body. The guy folds when he gets hit hard.

HoosierinFL 04-28-2018 10:56 AM

I'm fairly happy with the draft so far. Has there been a huge impact? I dunno, define huge. I think any concerns over the o-line should be quelled at this point.
Nelson is an immediate starter at LG, and anchored between Kelly and Castonzo, the left side will be a strength.
Smith will be the RT. He has the length and footwork to play that position, and he would have been the RT at Auburn except injuries to other players forced him to play the RG spot. So we just need either Mewhort, Slauson, Goode, Haeg or Clark step up to play that spot, the rest provide pretty decent depth.
On that point, this looks like a good line: Castonzo, Nelson, Kelly, Slauson, Smith.
That's a pretty massive revamp over last year's line.
Also, here's a good writeup on Smith from a few months ago:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/c...ith_ol_auburn/

Also Mathis seems to have been scouting Turay and is really high on him.

FatDT 04-28-2018 11:03 AM

Cato June tweeted that Leonard is a mix of Keith Bullock and David Thornton. He apparently coached against his team in college.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.