ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The official “Rivers gets fisted in Pittsburgh” game day thread. (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115053)

Colts And Orioles 12-27-2020 05:17 PM

o

The Jets just held the Browns on 4th and 1.

They are going to win again.

o

Dewey 5 12-27-2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac (Post 180842)
clean house? LOL Are you fucking serious?

A little.

Hoopsdoc 12-27-2020 05:17 PM

Terrible. Maybe a silver lining is this forces them not to bring Rivers back. They’re not winning anything meaningful with him anyway.

Mr. Session 12-27-2020 05:18 PM

Honestly I’m not tripping.

They can’t handle Pitt. I’m not sure about KC. They’ve already dropped to Cleveland and Baltimore. Does anyone here really believe they are better than the Titans?

Their draft position should be very good considering their talent level.

Thorgrim 12-27-2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaynesWorld87 (Post 180836)
And just like that, we're 10-5, in 8th place, and out of the playoffs.

All hope is not lost but the best teams rise to the occasion. Exceptional players step up and make a difference. Pittsburgh did that today. We are a step below the best teams.
We have had some lucky bounces offset by some horrid officiating this year but I’m holding out for one more lucky bounce and getting help from someone else next week.

apballin 12-27-2020 05:21 PM

Fuckin terrible Reich continues to get away from the run when dominating the game

Dewey 5 12-27-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorgrim (Post 180848)
All hope is not lost but the best teams rise to the occasion. Exceptional players step up and make a difference. Pittsburgh did that today. We are a step below the best teams.
We have had some lucky bounces offset by some horrid officiating this year but I’m holding out for one more lucky bounce and getting help from someone else next week.

We are more than a step below. Not having a qb is way more than one step below & we do not have one. Not to mention we need a new LT. Way too many holes to fill.

njcoltfan 12-27-2020 05:24 PM

I think if Cleveland or Miami losses next week and the Colts win, the Colts make the playoffs.

Dewey 5 12-27-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 180851)
I think if Cleveland or Miami losses next week and the Colts win, the Colts make the playoffs.

Rather have a higher draft pick than getting bounced in the first round.

Colts And Orioles 12-27-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 180851)



I think if Cleveland or Miami losses next week and the Colts win, the Colts make the playoffs.




o

The Colts can win the division if the Titans lose to the Packers and the Texans. They will most likely beat the Texans next week, but I would never bet against DeShaun Watson and company. When he is healthy, they are always dangerous.

o

Dewey 5 12-27-2020 05:33 PM

Hopefully Eberflus gets a HC job. I wouldn't lose a bit of sleep.

Oldcolt 12-27-2020 05:37 PM

Colts are a middling team.

Spike 12-27-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 180846)
Terrible. Maybe a silver lining is this forces them not to bring Rivers back. They’re not winning anything meaningful with him anyway.

Rivers did ok this year, but he is not going to win us a SB. Need a good QB who has scrambling ability. Real disappointed in our 2nd half defense mostly though. Two big mistakes cost us the game today besides the fucking refs, Glow's stupid penalty and the Rivers fumble.

Hoopsdoc 12-27-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 180851)
I think if Cleveland or Miami losses next week and the Colts win, the Colts make the playoffs.

The Steelers clinched the north today but they’re still tied with Buffalo for the 2 seed if the Bills beat New England tomorrow. They’ll have plenty to play for against the Browns next week.

And the Dolphins play the Bills next week.

With both the Steelers and Bills looking for the 2 seed, there’s a decent chance at least one of those teams win.

That’s assuming the Bills beat the Patriots tomorrow, of course.

Puck 12-27-2020 05:46 PM

No idea how anyone puts this loss on Rivers. If you do you're a retard

Hoopsdoc 12-27-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 180868)
No idea how anyone puts this loss on Rivers. If you do you're a retard

I think he did alright considering the circumstances.

Puck 12-27-2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 180858)
Rivers did ok this year, but he is not going to win us a SB. Need a good QB who has scrambling ability. Real disappointed in our 2nd half defense mostly though. Two big mistakes cost us the game today besides the fucking refs, Glow's stupid penalty and the Rivers fumble.

The penalty was iffy. The fumble was nothing but a great play by the steeler D. Not Rivers fault

Oldcolt 12-27-2020 06:01 PM

Agreed Rivers didn't lose the game for us. Issue is, is that what you want out of your quarterback, not causing us to lose a game. I want a quarterback that wins you games like this that you would otherwise have lost. Don't think Rivers is that guy anymore. Think we need a quarterback.

Dewey 5 12-27-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac (Post 180842)
clean house? LOL Are you fucking serious?

In regards to the coaching staff, yes.

Puck 12-27-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 180871)
Agreed Rivers didn't lose the game for us. Issue is, is that what you want out of your quarterback, not causing us to lose a game. I want a quarterback that wins you games like this that you would otherwise have lost. Don't think Rivers is that guy anymore. Think we need a quarterback.

Missing BOTH starting tackles.

Give me THIS team healthy in the playoffs and we can beat anyone

Puck 12-27-2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 180872)
In regards to the coaching staff, yes.

Chuck... is that you?

Oldcolt 12-27-2020 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 180874)
Missing BOTH starting tackles.

Give me THIS team healthy in the playoffs and we can beat anyone

I agree with you about that. If the offensive line and defense play up to there potential we can beat anyone. Doubt that will happen but it is the only way we win it all. I want there to be more ways to win and one of those ways needs to be the quarterback in my opinion. Down by four with less than two minutes you need a better qb than Rivers to feel any sort of comfort in winning. You may get a one off with someone with Rivers current ability and I hope we do this year. Just think we need to have better than Rivers back there.

Puck 12-27-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 180885)
I agree with you about that. If the offensive line and defense play up to there potential we can beat anyone. Doubt that will happen but it is the only way we win it all. I want there to be more ways to win and one of those ways needs to be the quarterback in my opinion. Down by four with less than two minutes you need a better qb than Rivers to feel any sort of comfort in winning. You may get a one off with someone with Rivers current ability and I hope we do this year. Just think we need to have better than Rivers back there.

Who? Who is better than Rivers that is available to us?

Oldcolt 12-27-2020 06:21 PM

He may be the best option, I will give you that. If he is then, for the reasons I said above, I think that would not be a good thing. We really are disagreeing over one year. Either way the front office is going to have to replace this guy soon. I have no idea what their thinking is. I just hope that it isn't rolling with Rivers one more year.

Puck 12-27-2020 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 180887)
He may be the best option, I will give you that. If he is then, for the reasons I said above, I think that would not be a good thing. We really are disagreeing over one year. Either way the front office is going to have to replace this guy soon. I have no idea what their thinking is. I just hope that it isn't rolling with Rivers one more year.

Won't disagree with you on this point. BUT. currently he is the best option. So until a better option is available i'm good with Rivers. And i doubt we will find a better replacement next yr unless its Rogers and we all know that aint happening

This Colts team in the playoffs is a team no one wants to face. We actually may be the only team in the AFC that can take down the Chiefs when were healthy

Ironshaft 12-27-2020 06:30 PM

I forgot.

I forgot that while the fans and players want a level playing field to just win or lose based on the play on the field, the NFL has its narrative its needs pushed.

In 2nd half of PIT game, the refs completely shoved the scale down on the side of the Steelers.

I forgot that the NFL has a narrative and having a 39 year old QB who has never sniffed post-season success win today was not in that narrative.

I hate forgetting that unless we have a HoF QB on the roster, we are the Washington Generals, not the Globetrotters.

We need to try to draft out next young HoF QB so we can be in the NFL narrative again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Puck 12-27-2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironshaft (Post 180890)
I forgot.

I forgot that while the fans and players want a level playing field to just win or lose based on the play on the field, the NFL has its narrative its needs pushed.

In 2nd half of PIT game, the refs completely shoved the scale down on the side of the Steelers.

I forgot that the NFL has a narrative and having a 39 year old QB who has never sniffed post-season success win today was not in that narrative.

I hate forgetting that unless we have a HoF QB on the roster, we are the Washington Generals, not the Globetrotters.

We need to try to draft out next young HoF QB so we can be in the NFL narrative again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Pick a thread Mfer

JAFF 12-27-2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 180874)
Missing BOTH starting tackles.

Give me THIS team healthy in the playoffs and we can beat anyone

That and a candy bar and you have a loss and a candy bar

Ironshaft 12-27-2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 180891)
Pick a thread Mfer

And a happy holidays to you too, Puck!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Maniac 12-27-2020 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 180872)
In regards to the coaching staff, yes.

A team with a 100 year old QB getting to 10 and possibly 11 wins and you want to clean house on the coaching staff? Step away from the ledge for a bit.

Maniac 12-27-2020 06:37 PM

I want to see the defense start playing a full game. They have far too many games where they play bad one half and great the other half, probably due to having a lot of young players in the secondary.

Also, Rock Ya-Sin can get the fuck off this team.

albany ed 12-27-2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 180886)
Who? Who is better than Rivers that is available to us?

Do you think Stafford will be available?

Puck 12-27-2020 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 180896)
Do you think Stafford will be available?

No but I wanted him last yr. Now I dont think he is better than Rivers is

Hoopsdoc 12-27-2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 180902)
No but I wanted him last yr. Now I dont think he is better than Rivers is

Stafford is way better than Rivers.

Chaka 12-27-2020 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 180822)
You suck Burton

Burton has been a problem all season. His hands just aren't good enough.

Dewey 5 12-27-2020 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 180896)
Do you think Stafford will be available?

Stafford & Matt Ryan will probably be available. Of the two I would prefer Stafford.

Chromeburn 12-27-2020 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 180889)
Won't disagree with you on this point. BUT. currently he is the best option. So until a better option is available i'm good with Rivers. And i doubt we will find a better replacement next yr unless its Rogers and we all know that aint happening

This Colts team in the playoffs is a team no one wants to face. We actually may be the only team in the AFC that can take down the Chiefs when were healthy

There is a draft every year. Pick a QB and go after him. I don't fault the fumble on Rivers, thats us missing our tackles. But his play at the end of the game was erratic and he should have thrown a couple INT's. Pascal was open there at the end and he flubbed the pass. Gonna have to find a young thrower because there will come games the QB will have to win it at the end.

Chromeburn 12-27-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 180840)
Or just clean house. This team is gutless.

I don't think we need to do that. But we are still missing pieces on this team. A dominant pass rusher, a shutdown corner, going to need a replacement for Castonzo, a number one wideout, and of course need to find our QB of the future.

omahacolt 12-27-2020 09:04 PM

B on the title

Thorgrim 12-27-2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 180840)
Or just clean house. This team is gutless.

I like our nucleus but there are a few gutless players who need to go. Rock has no business being on this roster let alone being a starter. When coaches reward bad play I begin to question their judgement. Push a few folks down the depth chart, cut loose those who are just picking up a paycheck, take a hard look at coaching and this team can contend for a title.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.