ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Daniel Jones has signed 2 yr 88m contract (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209770)

Hoopsdoc 09-21-2026 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 354450)
He lost better

The plaque for the alternate is down in the ladies room.

sherck 09-21-2026 09:12 PM

My son sent me this....

Daniel Jones is 1-16 in Prime Time games.


Not the guy.....folds in the big games.

YDFL Commish 09-21-2026 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 354474)
My son sent me this....

Daniel Jones is 1-16 in Prime Time games.


Not the guy.....folds in the big games.

Daniel Jones didn't give up 500+yds.

Oldcolt 09-22-2026 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 354482)
Daniel Jones didn't give up 500+yds.

All phases of a team have to be on the same page to be this bad but there is no contest that the defense is the worst. Not sure that is praise for Jones

Colts And Orioles 09-22-2026 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 354474)



My son sent me this ......


Daniel Jones is 1-16 in Prime Time games.


He's not the guy ....... he folds in the big games.






Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 354482)



Daniel Jones didn't give up 500+yds.




o


In 1980, the New Orleans Saints went 1-15.

Archie Manning was the starting quarterback of that team.

Archie Manning was 3rd in the NFL in Passing Yards (3,716), 5th in the NFL in Completion Percentage (61.0%), and 8th in the NFL in Passer Rating (81.8.)

Archie Manning did not fold in 1980 ...... he played on a horrible team.


********************************************


In 1987, Nolan Ryan had a W-L record of 8-16, yet he was 5th in the Cy Young voting ...... and if it happened today with the more advanced (and efficient) statistics, he probably would have won the Cy Young Award.

How could this be ???

In spite of an awful 8-16 W-L record, Nolan Ryan led the National League in ERA (2.76), SO's (270), ERA+ (142), FIP (247), Hits-Per-9 Innings (6.5), SO's Per-9-Innings (11.5), and SO/BB Ratio (3.10.)

o

Oldcolt 09-22-2026 04:19 PM

I saw Arch play and Ryan pitch. DJ ain't no Arch or Ryan

Colts And Orioles 09-22-2026 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 354536)



I saw Arch play and Ryan pitch. DJ ain't no Arch or Ryan.




o


I didn't say that he was, and that wasn't the point.

But now that you mention it, Jones is as good as Archie was......Archie Manning was a solid quarterback, he wasn't great. I saw him play, also. Archie Manning wouldn't have been able to do anything with these 2025 and 2026 Colts teams that Jones hasn't done.

o

Oldcolt 09-22-2026 06:14 PM

I was young so I may remember incorrectly but Arch was a much more fluid athlete than DJ. Great escapability

Colts And Orioles 09-22-2026 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 354552)



I was young so I may remember incorrectly but Arch was a much more fluid athlete than DJ. Great escapability.




o


Manning did have more escapability than Daniel Jones does. Manning was similar to Bert Jones when he scrambled. They were both almost as good as Fran Tarkenton in that regard.

On the whole, I believe that they are/were a wash......if Daniel Jones had played for Manning's Saints teams, I don't think that he would have had any more success than Manning did. I also don't think that Manning would have done any better than Daniel Jones did with all of those New York Giants teams did that Jones played for either, except perhaps stay on the field more without getting injured as much.

o

YDFL Commish 09-22-2026 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 354552)
I was young so I may remember incorrectly but Arch was a much more fluid athlete than DJ. Great escapability

Archie was a lot like Bert Jones, just not as fragile, and didn't have rocket arm.
Still, they were both were fearless when running the ball.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.