ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   DRAFT DAY 2 Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41737)

smitty46953 04-27-2018 09:06 PM

Lorenzo Carter is still available :cool:

Chromeburn 04-27-2018 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiaColt (Post 65327)
best thing about Davis IMO is just his sheer size--which I guess could work OK in zone coverage

You don't need a shutdown corner in this scheme, but it doesn't hurt. I liked Oliver's length it was really elite. Now Chark is gone, wonder what Moncrief thinks about that.

Dam8610 04-27-2018 09:08 PM

Good. Didn't need him on the board at 67.

Puck 04-27-2018 09:10 PM

BJ Hill would be one to keep an eye on at DT

sherck 04-27-2018 09:10 PM

OT, LB or DT

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Colt Classic 04-27-2018 09:10 PM

57 in the first half and a 10 point lead for the Pacers.

Puck 04-27-2018 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 65331)
Good. Didn't need him on the board at 67.



Dam. Don't you think you should change your signature now? You have been wrong about every pick..... soooooo

Dam8610 04-27-2018 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 65329)
Lorenzo Carter is still available :cool:

They already drafted their edge guy in Turay. I'm shocked Green is still there, he's the power end/kick in to UT on pass downs guy that Dallas has on the other side of Lawrence if we're mirroring them. Looks like the Colts traded up. Hopefully it's for Green.

Chromeburn 04-27-2018 09:11 PM

We traded up?

Dewey 5 04-27-2018 09:11 PM

colts just moved up

Chromeburn 04-27-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 65336)
They already drafted their edge guy in Turay. I'm shocked Green is still there, he's the power end/kick in to UT on pass downs guy that Dallas has on the other side of Lawrence if we're mirroring them. Looks like the Colts traded up. Hopefully it's for Green.

What was the injury? You know? And there goes Davis.

ZiaColt 04-27-2018 09:12 PM

oh well

(etc)

Indiana V2 04-27-2018 09:12 PM

Did we move up?

Indiana V2 04-27-2018 09:13 PM

We better not have moved up for another guard.

smitty46953 04-27-2018 09:14 PM

Tyquan Lewis (DE-Ohio State) :cool:

Dam8610 04-27-2018 09:14 PM

They brought Brackett out. A LB?

Chromeburn 04-27-2018 09:14 PM

I forgot Bracket was Rutgers.

So we get the other OSU DE.

Indiana V2 04-27-2018 09:15 PM

Well, that's that.

ZiaColt 04-27-2018 09:16 PM

so they moved up to get Lewis?

Dam8610 04-27-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 65345)
I forgot Bracket was Rutgers.

So we get the other OSU DE.

So he's the guy they like to do the power end/kick inside role. This draft is getting better. Need more Front 7 tomorrow.

Dam8610 04-27-2018 09:18 PM

Anyone know what they gave up to move up 3 picks?

Dewey 5 04-27-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 65347)
So he's the guy they like to do the power end/kick inside role. This draft is getting better. Need more Front 7 tomorrow.

The slowest D in league is getting some much needed speed

ZiaColt 04-27-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 65347)
So he's the guy they like to do the power end/kick inside role. This draft is getting better. Need more Front 7 tomorrow.

think they need CB and WR at this point at least as much as more front 7 help

smitty46953 04-27-2018 09:20 PM

Picks left for the Colts: :cool:

-Round 4-104
-Round 5-140
-Round 5-169
-Round 7-221

Butter 04-27-2018 09:20 PM

6th maybe from what I piece together on twitter

smitty46953 04-27-2018 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 65349)
Anyone know what they gave up to move up 3 picks?

We traded our 67th overall and 178th overall for the 64th overall pick from the Browns.

:cool:

DragonTails 04-27-2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 65364)
6th maybe from what I piece together on twitter

I don't think we needed to move up for another reach.

ZiaColt 04-27-2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 65364)
6th maybe from what I piece together on twitter

that would make sense if they got a 2nd pick in Round 5 earlier

1965southpaw 04-27-2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt Classic (Post 65324)
'Bron just got a bloody eye socket. Not sure what happened but he looks stunned. :cool:

Incidental contact with A Pacer elbow.....announcers wanted flagrant foul even though replay was clear it was incidental. Fortunately the refs made a good call for a change

Dam8610 04-27-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiaColt (Post 65351)
think they need CB and WR at this point at least as much as more front 7 help

Need a whole new Front 7 (except maybe Anderson at UT). They've gotten 3 so far. I agree they need a CB, but I wouldn't be upset to see 3 more Front 7 guys.

smitty46953 04-27-2018 09:24 PM

Ballard stressed speed on D. Both Turay and Lewis ran 4.65 40's
:cool:

ZiaColt 04-27-2018 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 65370)
Need a whole new Front 7 (except maybe Anderson at UT). They've gotten 3 so far. I agree they need a CB, but I wouldn't be upset to see 3 more Front 7 guys.

respectfully disagree: think they really need CB help after losing Melvin and also need someone else who can get open and catch a pass besides Hilton

1965southpaw 04-27-2018 09:28 PM

Holy fuck. Pacers coming out to start the second half strong and the Bron Bron Cavs sucking ass.

FatDT 04-27-2018 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiaColt (Post 65372)
respectfully disagree: think they really need CB help after losing Melvin and also need someone else who can get open and catch a pass besides Hilton

I think Chester Rodgers will play well and produce in Reich's offense. We are probably set at CB other than depth and special teams.

Need a RB. I'd also like Hurst.

Glad we got another OL. Better than expensive half-assed OL fixes.

Our new LB and Edge players are total unknowns to me. Time for Coach Mathis to earn his pay.

Dam8610 04-27-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZiaColt (Post 65372)
respectfully disagree: think they really need CB help after losing Melvin and also need someone else who can get open and catch a pass besides Hilton

Not going to fill every hole in one draft. I think at least one more DL and one more LB is needed. I'd be okay with 2 CBs outside of that.

Chromeburn 04-27-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 65347)
So he's the guy they like to do the power end/kick inside role. This draft is getting better. Need more Front 7 tomorrow.


He will be the interior disrupter on pass downs. Lots of high character guys, strong work ethic, out going personalities.

I'm not sure about this draft yet. At least the pacers are killing the lebrons.

smitty46953 04-27-2018 09:40 PM

Zak Keefer‏Verified account @zkeefer · 2m2 minutes ago

Chris Ballard on why he's building his fronts so aggressively: "I had some frustrating moments last year where I didn’t think we matched up physically, especially in our division."

:cool:

Dam8610 04-27-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 65378)
He will be the interior disrupter on pass downs. Lots of high character guys, strong work ethic, out going personalities.

I'm not sure about this draft yet. At least the pacers are killing the lebrons.

Another guy to watch for that role (maybe at the end of Round 5?) is John Franklin-Myers. Small school athlete who also could play that power end position, or maybe even just kick inside entirely.

1965southpaw 04-27-2018 09:41 PM

Pacers by 20!

smitty46953 04-27-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 65373)
Holy fuck. Pacers coming out to start the second half strong and the Bron Bron Cavs sucking ass.

Up by 20 ... :cool:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.