ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2017 Draft Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397)

VeveJones007 04-19-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 9962)
The aforementioned scuttlebutt around here is that Denver wants him (being a local kid and all) and would trade up to 14 or 15 to get him.

Not that I believe any of this, but what is the good value for trading down to 21 (I think)? An extra 3rd rounder or so?

EDIT: Ok, so apparently they make a chart for this sort of stuff. According to the chart it would be a mid 3rd rounder. I wouldn't be upset, but would rather have the better player with the first round pick. Mostly because it feels like the Colts historically have been snake bitten with 3rd round picks, other than the year they got TY and Allen in the 3rd round. That was a home run of a 3rd round. Moncrief and Henry Anderson were good picks too, so I guess recently they were better at it. But looking at a list of 3rd round Colt players from 2000 on...yikes.

It depends who is there. If they can get Foster at 15, run to the podium and don't entertain the offer. If they have a bevy of options like Reddick, Harris, Takk, Barnett, Conley, Lamp, etc., then trade down.

Puck 04-19-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 10018)
It depends who is there. If they can get Foster at 15, run to the podium and don't entertain the offer. If they have a bevy of options like Reddick, Harris, Takk, Barnett, Conley, Lamp, etc., then trade down.


Is Foster even healthy???? Is his arm healed? I know there are rumors floating around he may need another surgery

YDFL Commish 04-19-2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 10001)
Probably better pass on this guy if available with any of our picks ...

Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon allegedly punched a female while in high school.

The allegation comes from Anthony Hernandez, who says for a "fact" that Mixon hit his daughter when the two were in high school. "He threw my daughter to the ground and hit her," Hernandez said. "I went to the school and they hid him in the office. He got no punishment. The police even came. I was escorted off the campus as if I did something wrong. These are simply the facts, he's a woman beater." Longtime personnel man Gil Brandt said this incident is of concern among NFL teams, in addition to the video of Mixon laying out a girl with a punch at Oklahoma. Mixon could be drafted anywhere from Day 2 to being an UDFA. Apr 19 - 10:19 AM


Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12147/joe-mixon

Update... That story has since been recanted, by the girls father.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...by-2-nfl-teams

Dam8610 04-19-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 9924)
No chance Haason Reddick falls to #46 (hell, he could go before us at #15, to be honest, but damn would that be great).

And while I'm beating the ILB drum to literal death, if we got both Foster and Reddick, then McMillian would be overkill (I don't JUST say that just because McMillian does nothing for me). At that point, Lawson would be the no-brainer of the two, IMO.

Reddick. Is. Not. A. ILB. In. This. System.

Coltsalr 04-19-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 10024)
Reddick. Is. Not. A. ILB. In. This. System.

Says...you?

VeveJones007 04-19-2017 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 10022)
Is Foster even healthy???? Is his arm healed? I know there are rumors floating around he may need another surgery

Medical re-checks came in yesterday saying that he'd be ready for training camp.

VeveJones007 04-19-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 10023)
Update... That story has since been recanted, by the girls father.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...by-2-nfl-teams

$$$ changes a lot of things.

VeveJones007 04-19-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 10025)
Says...you?

If you draft Foster at 1.15 and Reddick at 2.14, then you assume Reddick is playing EDGE. Why would you draft two ILBs in the first two rounds?

Coltsalr 04-19-2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 10030)
If you draft Foster at 1.15 and Reddick at 2.14, then you assume Reddick is playing EDGE. Why would you draft two ILBs in the first two rounds?

If we somehow came away with both, I'd be so joyful I wouldn't care where they planned.

More seriously, because we're not any good at ILB?

That said, I do think it's a legitimate question of where Reddick would play in our system. I'm not sure he has the size to play EDGE. I understand the concerns about him as an ILB too, I'm just not convinced it's as clear-cut as Dam implies, as again, I hardly see him as a slamdunk at OLB in this defense.

rcubed 04-19-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 10024)
Reddick. Is. Not. A. ILB. In. This. System.

period time again, dam?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.