![]() |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
This now puts three 1st rounders on the OL. |
not thrilled with the pick, but not particularly upset either. guess it means Polian's advice wasn't taken by the Colts after all
wonder if it means Ballard has another move in mind to get an "almost Smith" or "almost Chubb" late in the 1st round? |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
I feel a little better about Nelson after seeing on Twitter all the experts saying Nelson is one of the best OL to be taken in the draft for over a decade.
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Somewhere Andrew Luck just rubbed his shoulder and said that feels better :cool:
|
Quote:
|
You can’t be to upset with this pick, in my opinion, if you’ve watched any colts football at all in the past few years. The line has been one constant turnstile of shit. Now, we put Nelson in there with Kelly and Stanzo and suddenly, Lucks shoulder is feeling a lot better.
|
I remember how much of an improvement when we used a 1st on a center. This may be an even bigger improvement.
Gotta protect 12 or be looking for a job in a yr or two and Ballard knew it |
Mcglinchey is off the boards now
|
Dam is hiding in another thread bitching. HAHAHA
|
Notre Dame 2 linemen in top 9 :cool:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Cards trade up gotta be Rosen ... :cool:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Zak KeeferVerified account @zkeefer
This is what Quenton Nelson said back at the NFL Combine: "I want to dominate all my opponents and take away their will to play the game (by) finishing them past the whistle." Something #Colts have needed on the o-line for years. :cool: |
Quote:
|
Man, the compensation for trading the #10 is not nearly as good as the #7
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
4 QB's gone.
|
I know some will say its too high for a guard but I still like the pick
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
I think Castonzo, Mewhort, Kelly and Nelson are a pretty solid line, if they can all stay healthy
Need a RT though. Plus Kelly and Nelson are both young, they can anchor the interior line for a decade or more. |
I one of our next picks is gonna be a RB.
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
I'm not thrilled with the pick for the same reason as Polian, who clearly preferred Smith at #6. I personally would never use a #6 overall on any offensive linemen except a really gifted left tackle, and I'm not convinced Nelson at guard will have as much of a transformative effect on the Colts' entire offensive line as some expect, at least not immediately. We'll see. But picking Nelson at #6 makes me wonder if Ballard doesn't have something else up his sleeve, possibly moving back up into the 1st round to grab someone like Evans, Landry or Davenport. Which could explain why he went with Nelson over Smith at #6. |
Take that Bills trade and take Tremaine at 12?
|
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.