ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official 2018 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41057)

smitty46953 04-26-2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 64585)
Welcome to a Top 10 pick in 2019.

You are a fool, Nelson was Ballards choice regardless of if Chubb was there ... great pick :cool:

Coltsalr 04-26-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 64585)
Welcome to a Top 10 pick in 2019.

Do you hate Ballard as much as you hated Grigson now?

rcubed 04-26-2018 09:44 PM

When cle took ward I thought Chubb was ours

smitty46953 04-26-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 64693)
When cle took ward I thought Chubb was ours

As fast as Colts picked, Nelson was Ballards choice all along, even if Chubb was there ... IMHO :cool:

Butter 04-26-2018 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 64585)
Welcome to a Top 10 pick in 2019.

Christ man come off it. It is ok to like a pick over another without being a total dumbass. I appreciate a lot of your statistical analysis, stop being a douche. It is ok to disagree man.

Dam8610 04-27-2018 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 64785)
Christ man come off it. It is ok to like a pick over another without being a total dumbass. I appreciate a lot of your statistical analysis, stop being a douche. It is ok to disagree man.

The Colts have no linebackers and no pass rush. They had two potential generational talents at LB staring them in the face and at least one team looking to trade up for a QB. While I wouldn't have been thrilled with 12, 53, and 56, Edmunds and two more second round picks would've been vastly superior to Nelson. Now, the only potential game changing defensive talent I see on the board is Rasheem Green and Harold Landry, and there isn't a LB worth taking until Day 3. Hopefully someday this franchise will learn that defense wins championships. Clearly they haven't yet.

Luck4Reich 04-27-2018 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 64845)
The Colts have no linebackers and no pass rush. They had two potential generational talents at LB staring them in the face and at least one team looking to trade up for a QB. While I wouldn't have been thrilled with 12, 53, and 56, Edmunds and two more second round picks would've been vastly superior to Nelson. Now, the only potential game changing defensive talent I see on the board is Rasheem Green and Harold Landry, and there isn't a LB worth taking until Day 3. Hopefully someday this franchise will learn that defense wins championships. Clearly they haven't yet.

I,agree 100% that defense wins championships... but if our QB is dead then what? I feel confident we still get some solid defenders. If Luck goes down again I say we have zero chances with Briskett even if we had Jacksonville Defense.. and we are more that 1-2great defenders from their D. IMO

Dam8610 04-27-2018 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck (Post 64849)
I,agree 100% that defense wins championships... but if our QB is dead then what? I feel confident we still get some solid defenders. If Luck goes down again I say we have zero chances with Briskett even if we had Jacksonville Defense.. and we are more that 1-2great defenders from their D. IMO

Where do you think you get a core of impact defenders if your GM won't spend in free agency like Jacksonville? It typically isn't Day 3 of the draft. And if the current OL coach couldn't make do with the OL talent that was on the roster before tonight, get a better OL coach.

rcubed 04-27-2018 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck (Post 64849)
I,agree 100% that defense wins championships... but if our QB is dead then what? I feel confident we still get some solid defenders. If Luck goes down again I say we have zero chances with Briskett even if we had Jacksonville Defense.. and we are more that 1-2great defenders from their D. IMO

You take the difference maker D player at 6 and some guards in the second round. Pretty sure that would have a higher net positive.

Dam8610 04-27-2018 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 64872)
You take the difference maker D player at 6 and some guards in the second round. Pretty sure that would have a higher net positive.

Or, you know, use that 2nd rounder on a defender as well and find your starting OGs on Day 3 like most good teams do.

njcoltfan 04-27-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 64845)
The Colts have no linebackers and no pass rush. They had two potential generational talents at LB staring them in the face and at least one team looking to trade up for a QB. While I wouldn't have been thrilled with 12, 53, and 56, Edmunds and two more second round picks would've been vastly superior to Nelson. Now, the only potential game changing defensive talent I see on the board is Rasheem Green and Harold Landry, and there isn't a LB worth taking until Day 3. Hopefully someday this franchise will learn that defense wins championships. Clearly they haven't yet.

you know Dammy, I'm not thrilled much with this pick too, but we have to get over it. Nelson is now a Colt, and if Luck gets the protection that he needs, he's the one that will win chamionships for the Colts.

Dam8610 04-27-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 64926)
you know Dammy, I'm not thrilled much with this pick too, but we have to get over it. Nelson is now a Colt, and if Luck gets the protection that he needs, he's the one that will win chamionships for the Colts.

Not without a defense behind him. You can find starting guards on Day 3 of the draft. Green dot helmet wearers and impact pass rushers are a lot more difficult to find there.

Chromeburn 04-27-2018 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck (Post 64849)
I,agree 100% that defense wins championships... but if our QB is dead then what? I feel confident we still get some solid defenders. If Luck goes down again I say we have zero chances with Briskett even if we had Jacksonville Defense.. and we are more that 1-2great defenders from their D. IMO

Perhaps we should look at this as a two part build. Ballard shores up the oline, maybe another position grp, CB/WR. Then addresses the front 7 next year. There is just no way they can fix every position group this year. Not enough picks.

rm1369 04-27-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 65079)
Perhaps we should look at this as a two part build. Ballard shores up the oline, maybe another position grp, CB/WR. Then addresses the front 7 next year. There is just no way they can fix every position group this year. Not enough picks.

Irsay said it’s a three year rebuild. Several here have balked when I say that when criticizing Ballard’s use of free agency, but it seems pretty obvious.

Puck 04-27-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 65043)
Not without a defense behind him. You can find starting guards on Day 3 of the draft. Green dot helmet wearers and impact pass rushers are a lot more difficult to find there.


Pretty sure we have enough day 3 and day 4 talent over the 6 years


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.