ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   With the third pick.... (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31652)

GoBigBlue88 01-12-2018 08:15 PM

Again, haven't watched Chubb, not familiar with the film, but one thing I do love is his attitude. Seems like a good kid who hasn't got in trouble at all, but is just a mean dude who loves being an asshole to other players and always playing with a chip on his shoulder. Colts need more of that.

Bet anything he starts a fight in training camp.

Coltsalr 01-12-2018 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 51394)
He followed that with:

Since a lot of you are asking: I don't think Chubb is on Myles Garrett's level. Bet I end up grading him similar to Joey Bosa. His agility at 6'4 1/2" and 275 lbs is pretty damn rare.

Absolutely I take a guy at Joey Bosa’s level.

FatDT 01-12-2018 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 51492)
Absolutely I take a guy at Joey Bosa’s level.

Who wouldn't?

VeveJones007 01-13-2018 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 51447)
I don't have a trade chart, but curious since Bills aren't sold on Tyrod Taylor as their QB if they might offer their two first round picks #21 and #22 for our #3 ? :cool:

It’s short, according to the chart, by 520 points, which is the equivalent of pick #38. They would need to add a 2nd and a 3rd based on the chart.

Mr. Session 01-13-2018 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 51490)
Again, haven't watched Chubb, not familiar with the film, but one thing I do love is his attitude. Seems like a good kid who hasn't got in trouble at all, but is just a mean dude who loves being an asshole to other players and always playing with a chip on his shoulder. Colts need more of that.

Bet anything he starts a fight in training camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA6m6nX-Xvs

I wish we could embed here.

Dude is a dick.

Butter 01-13-2018 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 51425)

If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.......With all due respect Sherck, central to your analysis is the presumption that McDaniels is a slave to one mental model of how to design/run an offense. He very well may be.....I don't know. However, if Ballard is half the leader and assessor of talent that people like Polian purport him to be then I hope that a key criteria to his assessment is finding a leader that understands the long term key to winning is adaptability. It's no different than any other industry......you adapt or quickly become irrelevant. This, I think, was the central failing of Pagano (with all due respect to those that think coaching doesn't matter). He simply wouldn't (or I think couldn't) realize that stubborn enslavement to that "we just do what we do" mentality was a recipe for irrelevance as everyone else (including the AFC South) passes you by. I think the right question to be in for McDaniels is is he capable of flexible thinking?

Now that there is a pretty damn good rebuttal post, supports their opinion and is respectful. We can all learn from this and I do included myself in this.

1965southpaw 01-13-2018 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 51527)
Now that there is a pretty damn good rebuttal post, supports their opinion and is respectful. We can all learn from this and I do included myself in this.

Why thank you, kind sir. :p

FatDT 01-13-2018 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 51527)
Now that there is a pretty damn good rebuttal post, supports their opinion and is respectful. We can all learn from this and I do included myself in this.

Shut up fag

Indiana V2 01-13-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Session (Post 51526)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA6m6nX-Xvs

I wish we could embed here.

Dude is a dick.

I'll take him, we can use some dicks, and he's a beast.

Pez 01-13-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiana V2 (Post 51550)
...we can use some dicks....

Omaha says that nearly every Friday night.

omahacolt 01-13-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Session (Post 51526)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA6m6nX-Xvs

I wish we could embed here.

Dude is a dick.

i like that dude.

that shit is funny

omahacolt 01-13-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 51554)
Omaha says that nearly every Friday night.

and saturday.

omahacolt 01-13-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 51527)
Now that there is a pretty damn good rebuttal post, supports their opinion and is respectful. We can all learn from this and I do included myself in this.

nobody has time for that nonsense

HoosierinFL 01-13-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 51556)
i like that dude.

that shit is funny

Yea he's just being a punk and pissing guys off, getting in their heads.

HoosierinFL 01-13-2018 11:34 AM

So something like Chubb in round 1, UCF's Shaquem Griffin in round 3 or 4, and we've got a pass rush.

Spike 01-13-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiana V2 (Post 51550)
I'll take him, we can use some dicks, and he's a beast.

Yep, he is a hell of a ballplayer. This team could use a few more guys like him. Like omaha said, that shit is funny.

smitty46953 01-13-2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 51528)
Why thank you, kind sir. :p

Get a room .... :cool:

GoBigBlue88 01-14-2018 08:00 PM

These playoff games really cementing why it would be dumb to not come away with a top EDGE presence in this draft. Jaguars and Vikings pressure just wrecking these games, while Saints pressure got them potentially back in it.

Puck 01-14-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 51780)
These playoff games really cementing why it would be dumb to not come away with a top EDGE presence in this draft. Jaguars and Vikings pressure just wrecking these games, while Saints pressure got them potentially back in it.


And anyone wanting Barkley especially now with the probablility that it will be McDaniels is going to be disappointed. Even the Oline is going to look much much better with that quick passing attach. Gonna need another receiver, and probably another TE. Otherwise I hope he loads up on D in FA

The offense will be better with just the subtraction of Chud and of course if Luck is back it is a playoff caliber offense. Need a D to get them deep into the playoffs now

VeveJones007 01-14-2018 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 51780)
These playoff games really cementing why it would be dumb to not come away with a top EDGE presence in this draft. Jaguars and Vikings pressure just wrecking these games, while Saints pressure got them potentially back in it.

Matt Miller posted a column a couple months ago, saying that his source told him Ballard would pick EDGE or DB in Rd 1 last year.

Since he went DB, have to think EDGE is his priority in year 2.

VeveJones007 01-15-2018 03:28 PM

Matt Miller's latest mock draft today. Has the Colts going with Chubb at 1.03. Here's the write-up:

Quote:

The Pick: DE Bradley Chubb, North Carolina State

Bradley Chubb is special. At 6'4 ½", 275 pounds, he plays with a ridiculous amount of energy, agility and burst. As far as pure pass-rushers go, he's not quite on the level of former No. 1 picks Jadeveon Clowney or Myles Garrett, but he's right behind them. The Indianapolis Colts should be all about that.

The Colts don't have a head coach yet so we can't speculate about how Chubb would fit into a scheme, but you can be comfortable in knowing he fits in every scheme. Whether it's as a 4-3 defensive end or a 3-4 defensive end (think Joey Bosa), he's a fit.

Chubb's talent and potential are special enough that he should be the first defensive player off the board.


DrSpaceman 01-16-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 51957)
Matt Miller's latest mock draft today. Has the Colts going with Chubb at 1.03. Here's the write-up:

Based on this write up, he has to be the pick.

Best chance to get a difference maker, a true impact player, for the D, which is badly needed

Though I think Hooker once he is back and healthy in the secondary will be that type of player as well.

1965southpaw 01-18-2018 10:38 AM

With the third pick the colts select........Bradley Chubb. This is per Mel Kiper. He just released his first mock draft and is discussing it on ESPN right now. He clarifies that his mock is what he thinks teams WILL do not SHOULD do but with Chubb he could not be more enthusiastic both in regard to his skill at his position but also with his work ethic. He says he will NEVER take a play off.

VeveJones007 01-18-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 52438)
With the third pick the colts select........Bradley Chubb. This is per Mel Kiper. He just released his first mock draft and is discussing it on ESPN right now. He clarifies that his mock is what he thinks teams WILL do not SHOULD do but with Chubb he could not be more enthusiastic both in regard to his skill at his position but also with his work ethic. He says he will NEVER take a play off.

Everything I hear about Chubb makes it more of a no-brainer. He seems like exactly what the Colts need and the type of player that Ballard loves.

I hope that also involves a heavy investment in the OL in free agency, as well as a decent MLB.

rcubed 01-18-2018 12:47 PM

yeah, chubb seems like the best pick here. good that a player and need actually line up

Oldcolt 01-18-2018 12:54 PM

I remember Polian saying your never pass on a franchise qb or an elite pass rusher. The two most difficult things to find in football. If Chubb has a chance to be an elite pass rusher take him. Don't fool around with trading back unless you are absolutely sure you'll get who you want. No to Nelson, good guards appear to be available in free agency but guys that can put pressure on qbs never do (unless they have beaten the shit out of the women in their lives). I agree that there are tons of holes on this team. But you can only get elite pass rushers thru the draft and it is something we are desperate for.

DrSpaceman 01-18-2018 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 52455)
I remember Polian saying your never pass on a franchise qb or an elite pass rusher. The two most difficult things to find in football. If Chubb has a chance to be an elite pass rusher take him. Don't fool around with trading back unless you are absolutely sure you'll get who you want. No to Nelson, good guards appear to be available in free agency but guys that can put pressure on qbs never do (unless they have beaten the shit out of the women in their lives). I agree that there are tons of holes on this team. But you can only get elite pass rushers thru the draft and it is something we are desperate for.

There was an article a few years back, or probably more than a few by now, that pointed out that the key to the NFL is passing the ball and defending the pass. If you look at passer rating differential, its a high predictor of success in this league

And this is not just in this era, it goes back many years, even to the rush heavy days of the 70s.

Its always been true to some extent and just has become more true in the last decade : passing the ball and stopping the pass. ANd you can't stop the pass without pass rushers.

I actually think the Colts secondary has a chance to be solid next year. Not great, but good. But without a pass rush, defenders can't cover guys forever in this league. They eventually get open.

Plus with the upgraded DL that I thought performed very well last year, adding a pass rusher will made it harder to defend against the D.

testcase448 01-18-2018 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 52455)
I remember Polian saying your never pass on a franchise qb or an elite pass rusher. The two most difficult things to find in football. If Chubb has a chance to be an elite pass rusher take him. Don't fool around with trading back unless you are absolutely sure you'll get who you want. No to Nelson, good guards appear to be available in free agency but guys that can put pressure on qbs never do (unless they have beaten the shit out of the women in their lives). I agree that there are tons of holes on this team. But you can only get elite pass rushers thru the draft and it is something we are desperate for.

Unless we get some guards, and a tackle they're going to beat Luck like he's their wife in this division.
I agree though, gotta be Chubb. Just hope he doesn't end up like "can't miss" that misses lol

DrSpaceman 01-18-2018 01:37 PM

This is not the article I was thinking of, but is strongly illustrates the same point :

https://thepowerrank.com/2014/01/10/...-the-playoffs/

Edited to add :

This is actually the article I first recall reading about it. Its from 2011

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2011/...ngdifferential

DrSpaceman 01-18-2018 01:44 PM

And this is from 2016, I believe, not last year, but illustrates the point of the lack of pressure and how it affects the Colts D.

I know some don't like Football outsiders rankings, but I point it out mainly to illustrate the Colts had the lowest pressure ranking in the league that year, only less than 20% of pass plays.

They secondary actually performed middle of the pack when compared to with and without pressure standings vs the rest of the league

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...-pressure-2016

VeveJones007 01-18-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 52470)
There was an article a few years back, or probably more than a few by now, that pointed out that the key to the NFL is passing the ball and defending the pass. If you look at passer rating differential, its a high predictor of success in this league

And this is not just in this era, it goes back many years, even to the rush heavy days of the 70s.

Its always been true to some extent and just has become more true in the last decade : passing the ball and stopping the pass. ANd you can't stop the pass without pass rushers.

I actually think the Colts secondary has a chance to be solid next year. Not great, but good. But without a pass rush, defenders can't cover guys forever in this league. They eventually get open.

Plus with the upgraded DL that I thought performed very well last year, adding a pass rusher will made it harder to defend against the D.

Agree on all this, but wanted to add that the current LBs blow chunks in coverage. They definitely need upgrades to help cover TEs and RBs.

DrSpaceman 01-18-2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 52482)
Agree on all this, but wanted to add that the current LBs blow chunks in coverage. They definitely need upgrades to help cover TEs and RBs.

Oh yeah they suck bad, have for years under pagano. Get killed over the middle on this every game.

Butter 01-18-2018 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testcase448 (Post 52471)
Unless we get some guards, and a tackle they're going to beat Luck like he's their wife in this division.
I agree though, gotta be Chubb. Just hope he doesn't end up like "can't miss" that misses lol

Hopefully, the change in scheme that emphasizes getting the ball out quicker will help as well.

Oldcolt 01-18-2018 06:07 PM

According to what I read there should be good, even great, upgrades available at guard in free agency. Tackle is an issue but if we could upgrade ourselves at guard and only have one weak link in the offensive line(even if it is right tackle), then thru coaching/schemes and half-ass decent play calling you can manage that one weak link and still not get Luck killed. And as far as Luck's health, since nobody has the slightest idea I choose to believe he took a little longer to heal (it happens) and is going to be incredibly fun to watch him kick ass next year. I'm excited and once again really enjoying being a Colts fan. If it doesn't work out I'll deal with it then.

rcubed 01-18-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 52507)
According to what I read there should be good, even great, upgrades available at guard in free agency. Tackle is an issue but if we could upgrade ourselves at guard and only have one weak link in the offensive line(even if it is right tackle), then thru coaching/schemes and half-ass decent play calling you can manage that one weak link and still not get Luck killed. And as far as Luck's health, since nobody has the slightest idea I choose to believe he took a little longer to heal (it happens) and is going to be incredibly fun to watch him kick ass next year. I'm excited and once again really enjoying being a Colts fan. If it doesn't work out I'll deal with it then.

agree. I think luck took the long approach when things didnt bounce back quickly and he realized the team was crap lead by a lame duck coach. if the first surgery fixed everything he would have played, as soon as there needed to be more he was done for the year.

Racehorse 01-18-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 52508)
agree. I think luck took the long approach when things didnt bounce back quickly and he realized the team was crap lead by a lame duck coach. if the first surgery fixed everything he would have played, as soon as there needed to be more he was done for the year.

Based on his comments on video after Pagano was fired, it would not surprise me if he and Ballard decided to shut him down so that he wouldn't save Pagano's job...again.

Chromeburn 01-18-2018 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 49733)
That would be nice, but I don't think the offers will be there. They blew their chance by missing out on the 2nd pick.

If the 1st two picks are Rosen/Darnold, would you really offer that kind of package to move up to #3 as an opposing GM?

Yup, thanks Chuck. Couldn't even lose right.

Colts And Orioles 01-19-2018 06:45 PM

o


Mel Kiper: Bradley Chubb Might Be 'The Best Player in the Draft'

(By Mike Wells)

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapoli...r-in-the-draft


o

Racehorse 01-19-2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 52633)
o


Mel Kiper: Bradley Chubb Might Be 'The Best Player in the Draft'

(By Mike Wells)

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapoli...r-in-the-draft


o

But, I thought Barkley was??

rcubed 01-19-2018 06:51 PM

he said 'might be.' geez race, get with it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.