ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Colts Release Hankins (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38468)

Butter 03-17-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 59934)
They're sticking with scheme fit. If our new scheme can't use Hankins then it sucks. This is like when Freeney wasn't a scheme fit. Fuck the scheme. Adjust to the talent on the roster. That's what good coaches do.

I agree with that. In this case at least Hankins was basically signed to a 1 year contract with 2 team options. I suspect Ballard considered it a one year deal.

Dam8610 03-17-2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 59934)
They're sticking with scheme fit. If our new scheme can't use Hankins then it sucks. This is like when Freeney wasn't a scheme fit. Fuck the scheme. Adjust to the talent on the roster. That's what good coaches do.

1) Freeney would've worked in a 3-4, Justin Houston does.

2) I don't understand why they released Hankins and kept Woods. I'd think Hankins would be the better 4-3 NT.

omahacolt 03-17-2018 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 59935)
I agree with that. In this case at least Hankins was basically signed to a 1 year contract with 2 team options. I suspect Ballard considered it a one year deal.

Then trade him for a 5th at worst

FatDT 03-17-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 59936)
1) Freeney would've worked in a 3-4, Justin Houston does.

2) I don't understand why they released Hankins and kept Woods. I'd think Hankins would be the better 4-3 NT.

Yes, yes he would've. That is the point I'm making.

Spike 03-17-2018 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 59934)
They're sticking with scheme fit. If our new scheme can't use Hankins then it sucks. This is like when Freeney wasn't a scheme fit. Fuck the scheme. Adjust to the talent on the roster. That's what good coaches do.

This was the beginning of me hating fucking Pagano. Freeney is a HOF and Pagano was the POS that let him go way too damn early.

Spike 03-18-2018 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiana V2 (Post 59913)
Doubt they're going after Suh, and if they released Hankins to free up money for Suh, then what happens if they don't get Suh?

Fuck Suh. He wouldn't make any difference on this team right now anyway. No way I pay that MF what he thinks he is worth.

Dam8610 03-18-2018 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 59947)
Fuck Suh. He wouldn't make any difference on this team right now anyway. No way I pay that MF what he thinks he is worth.

A 4 time first team All Pro on the DL wouldn't make a difference to a bad defense? That's just a bad argument. As far as spending the money, they HAVE to spend some. They're at like 60% of cap right now.

omahacolt 03-18-2018 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 59947)
Fuck Suh. He wouldn't make any difference on this team right now anyway. No way I pay that MF what he thinks he is worth.

I have a feeling your mind would change if he was on the colts

Racehorse 03-18-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 59934)
They're sticking with scheme fit. If our new scheme can't use Hankins then it sucks. This is like when Freeney wasn't a scheme fit. Fuck the scheme. Adjust to the talent on the roster. That's what good coaches do.

Or you trade the talent for an asset, but I guess they were worried about the guarantee kicking in. :confused:

Indiana V2 03-18-2018 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 59958)
Or you trade the talent for an asset, but I guess they were worried about the guarantee kicking in. :confused:

Which we're not hurting money-wise, so it's confusing.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.