ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Colts trade #3 with Jets (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38447)

Kray007 03-17-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 59851)
You could say the same thing about high pick guards/OL. Impact pass rushers are more rare and difficult to find than starting guards, so when you get the chance to take one, you take him. I also would, for once, like to see the Colts support a franchise QB with a defense. A QB like Luck performing at his peak with a defense that can dominate and take over a game is in my opinion the best championship winning formula an NFL team could hope for.

Don't get me wrong. I like Chubb, and I wouldn't complain if we took him. But, remember that one rationale for taking Kelly was that misses on OL'men taken that high are rare.

Nelson's the safe pick, and his upside is perennial all pro.

VeveJones007 03-17-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kray007 (Post 59855)
Don't get me wrong. I like Chubb, and I wouldn't complain if we took him. But, remember that one rationale for taking Kelly was that misses on OL'men taken that high are rare.

Nelson's the safe pick, and his upside is perennial all pro.

I would be much more satisfied with Nelson at 6 + 3 more 2nds than at 3. But I still want Chubb if he’s there.

Spike 03-17-2018 05:29 PM

A fricken prophet.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ke-chubb-no-1/

Love this move by Ballard. He raped the Jets.

VeveJones007 03-17-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 59885)
A fricken prophet.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ke-chubb-no-1/

Love this move by Ballard. He raped the Jets.

I think Rosen is the only pick in the top 6 that mock has correct.

Racehorse 03-17-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 59807)
It's an awesome trade. I believe it would take an almost unbelievable from the Bills for Ballard to move out of 6.

I hope that this trade has simmered down some of the absurd talk that Ballard doesn't know wtf he's doing.

Now Ballard has a chance to get Chubb, and in the 2nd round,Michel and possibly 2 quality O-linemen.

Yeah, whoever it was (Silver?) that said Ballard needed to wow him should be wowed now.

Chromeburn 03-17-2018 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kray007 (Post 59833)
When you look at really successful teams, nowadays, it's hard to find any that are built strictly through the draft. New England and Philadelphia's rosters are heavy with high quality players either signed as free agents or traded for.

It's been suggested that Ballard wants to build a roster, then supplement it with free agents. I'd just like to see more flexibility. When you have so many holes, it doesn't seem unreasonable to add a few high quality, top 50 type free agents, every now and again.

You have to assume that, with a year on the job behind him, he's built the kind of quality pro scouting staff who can identify guys who can help.

But, anyway, it's a good trade that gives us the flexibility to move back into the 1st round if someone we really like slips into the late teens or 20's.

Kudos.

I expect we will have a good draft. We could still trade down again depending on who wants to deal. But there are some decent players in this draft that I love using the extra picks on, especially WR, LB, and RB. Quite a few players are going to slip into the 2nd round and we will be right there to nab a few.

We will fill some of the holes I think after the draft. We just are not signing any big FA's until we get the team established some.

Chromeburn 03-17-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 59885)
A fricken prophet.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ke-chubb-no-1/

Love this move by Ballard. He raped the Jets.

Watched the popup video, Prisco is an idiot. Teams don't say "oh whatever QB, they are all the same."

With the trade ups, I actually see the Browns going QB at 1 now.

Indiana V2 03-17-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 59917)
Watched the popup video, Prisco is an idiot. Teams don't say "oh whatever QB, they are all the same."

With the trade ups, I actually see the Browns going QB at 1 now.

Agreed, with the Jets moving to 3 it forces the Browns hands on taking a QB.

albany ed 03-18-2018 07:17 AM

I like the move. What it tells me is that Ballard is confident that Luck is returning to form. If he had doubts, he wouldn't have moved out of the #3 spot.

Indiana V2 03-18-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 59954)
I like the move. What it tells me is that Ballard is confident that Luck is returning to form. If he had doubts, he wouldn't have moved out of the #3 spot.

I've seen others on Twitter say the same thing, but I don't get that, I mean I'm sure Luck is okay for the season, but I don't see how trading down to 6 and accumulating more picks can be any indication of Luck's status.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.