ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   David Parry arrested (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2143)

FatDT 03-01-2017 10:18 AM

I am not one to cast judgement for drinking. I have made bad decisions before. And it's a lot easier to do that when you've had too much to drink.

I have learned to not open myself up to that unless I am in a place where it's safe. At home, camping, at a neighbor's house, etc. I don't go out to bars anymore to get shitfaced. It's expensive and it gets exponentially more dangerous the later you go and the more drinks you put down. I am also lucky that I am not a belligerent asshole when I'm drunk. I do find the world to be a pretty hilarious place though.

This is a tough lesson Parry is going to learn. I would like to know his side of the story, but it sounds like he might not have one that he can remember. I don't care about what he said while arrested. I don't think drunkenness reveals character at all. I think it makes you a caricature of yourself. But at the same time, no one forced him to drink, it wasn't someone else that punched the golf cart driver (what was the situation there?), no one inhabited his body and resisted arrest. So he should be held accountable for doing what he chose to do. That might mean community service, fines, a civil suit, jail time, and/or getting cut.

To me this is approximately in the same ballpark as what McAfee did. The assault is a bit more severe, how much damage did he really do? But I am not going to demand that he be cut. This is not on a level with a Ray Rice type of situation.

natagu23 03-01-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 3747)
I am not one to cast judgement for drinking. I have made bad decisions before. And it's a lot easier to do that when you've had too much to drink.

I have learned to not open myself up to that unless I am in a place where it's safe. At home, camping, at a neighbor's house, etc. I don't go out to bars anymore to get shitfaced. It's expensive and it gets exponentially more dangerous the later you go and the more drinks you put down. I am also lucky that I am not a belligerent asshole when I'm drunk. I do find the world to be a pretty hilarious place though.

This is a tough lesson Parry is going to learn. I would like to know his side of the story, but it sounds like he might not have one that he can remember. I don't care about what he said while arrested. I don't think drunkenness reveals character at all. I think it makes you a caricature of yourself. But at the same time, no one forced him to drink, it wasn't someone else that punched the golf cart driver (what was the situation there?), no one inhabited his body and resisted arrest. So he should be held accountable for doing what he chose to do. That might mean community service, fines, a civil suit, jail time, and/or getting cut.

To me this is approximately in the same ballpark as what McAfee did. The assault is a bit more severe, how much damage did he really do? But I am not going to demand that he be cut. This is not on a level with a Ray Rice type of situation.

Same ballpark as McAfee? Sorry, you lost me there. Not even close.

If they cut his ass, i wouldnt complain about it.

DrSpaceman 03-01-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 3747)
I am not one to cast judgement for drinking. I have made bad decisions before. And it's a lot easier to do that when you've had too much to drink.

I have learned to not open myself up to that unless I am in a place where it's safe. At home, camping, at a neighbor's house, etc. I don't go out to bars anymore to get shitfaced. It's expensive and it gets exponentially more dangerous the later you go and the more drinks you put down. I am also lucky that I am not a belligerent asshole when I'm drunk. I do find the world to be a pretty hilarious place though.

This is a tough lesson Parry is going to learn. I would like to know his side of the story, but it sounds like he might not have one that he can remember. I don't care about what he said while arrested. I don't think drunkenness reveals character at all. I think it makes you a caricature of yourself. But at the same time, no one forced him to drink, it wasn't someone else that punched the golf cart driver (what was the situation there?), no one inhabited his body and resisted arrest. So he should be held accountable for doing what he chose to do. That might mean community service, fines, a civil suit, jail time, and/or getting cut.

To me this is approximately in the same ballpark as what McAfee did. The assault is a bit more severe, how much damage did he really do? But I am not going to demand that he be cut. This is not on a level with a Ray Rice type of situation.



I don't view this as anywhere near what McAfee did. Parry was arrested for robbery, auto theft, criminal damage, resisting arrest and a DUI. And he cussed out the cops to top it off. He assaulted someone and stole a golf cart.

McAfee was a simple public intoxication. He got drunk in Broad Ripple and tried to swim in the canal The cops even said they took him in for his own safety. He was cooperative with the police and caused no problems, answered their questions

http://nesn.com/2010/10/colts-punter...ming-in-canal/

They aren't even close to the "same ballpark". The only thing in common is they were both drunk. Beyond that, could not have been more different

rcubed 03-01-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 3743)
I have a very simple rule: If you have a good job, you don't steal.

I used to work in a grocery store and a guy with a good job as a vendor stole a freaking ink pen at the store and lost his cushy job because he wanted something without paying for it. The same rule applies to millionaires who think they can cheat people out of stuff because of their wealth. Just don't do it! Parry did it. What a maroon!

i agree. however knowing more details it sounds like he was drunk and took off on the cart for a joy ride. while technically its stealing its different than robbery, breaking and entering, swiping something while in a normal state of mind.

he got drunk and did something stupid and it will cost him. (just addressing the stealing part here, not the assault part)

FatDT 03-01-2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 3773)
I don't view this as anywhere near what McAfee did. Parry was arrested for robbery, auto theft, criminal damage, resisting arrest and a DUI. And he cussed out the cops to top it off. He assaulted someone and stole a golf cart.

McAfee was a simple public intoxication. He got drunk in Broad Ripple and tried to swim in the canal The cops even said they took him in for his own safety. He was cooperative with the police and caused no problems, answered their questions

http://nesn.com/2010/10/colts-punter...ming-in-canal/

They aren't even close to the "same ballpark". The only thing in common is they were both drunk. Beyond that, could not have been more different

Cops always attach as many charges as possible. And he was not charged with robbery.

Quote:

Parry was charged with driving under the influence, auto theft, suspicion of robbery, criminal damage and resisting arrest.
The "DUI" was rolling along in a golf cart for a few hundred feet. The "auto theft" was again, rolling along in a golf cart for a few hundred feet. There was no robbery, that will be dropped. Criminal damage will be reduced to a fine for whatever damage he caused. I doubt he will even be prosecuted. I haven't seen any reports that the driver had any injuries.

My point was to separate this from actual NFL criminals. Like Ray Rice punching his wife unconscious, Adrian Peterson beating this shit out of his child, Ray Lewis murdering that one guy, Aaron Hernandez murdering multiple people, etc. Parry isn't anywhere close.

Maybe a better comparison is to say this is somewhere between McAfee and DQ punching the pizza guy, and that all three are miles away from the actual lowlifes in the above examples.

natagu23 03-01-2017 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 3817)
Cops always attach as many charges as possible. And he was not charged with robbery.



The "DUI" was rolling along in a golf cart for a few hundred feet. The "auto theft" was again, rolling along in a golf cart for a few hundred feet. There was no robbery, that will be dropped. Criminal damage will be reduced to a fine for whatever damage he caused. I doubt he will even be prosecuted. I haven't seen any reports that the driver had any injuries.

My point was to separate this from actual NFL criminals. Like Ray Rice punching his wife unconscious, Adrian Peterson beating this shit out of his child, Ray Lewis murdering that one guy, Aaron Hernandez murdering multiple people, etc. Parry isn't anywhere close.

Maybe a better comparison is to say this is somewhere between McAfee and DQ punching the pizza guy, and that all three are miles away from the actual lowlifes in the above examples.

You're normally a good poster, but the comparisons to players who murdered and assaulted people are just out of place.

What Parry did was f**ked up in its own right and justice isnt served through a comparative lens. It shouldnt in theory anyway.

Puck 03-01-2017 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natagu23 (Post 3822)
You're normally a good poster, but the comparisons to players who murdered and assaulted people are just out of place.

What Parry did was f**ked up in its own right and justice isnt served through a comparative lens. It shouldnt in theory anyway.

I think you are both saying the same thing

natagu23 03-01-2017 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 3823)
I think you are both saying the same thing

I hope so.

Dt should hold off on the ballpark estimates however.

FatDT 03-01-2017 11:04 PM

My point is that some of you are getting your panties in a twist over what amounts to a drunk guy knocking another guy out of a golf cart and driving it a short distance. It was dumb, he was a complete douche, and he deserves to face consequences, but this is not a cut-worthy offense. If you are offended by my use of the word "ballpark" then you need to relax.

omahacolt 03-01-2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 3868)
My point is that some of you are getting your panties in a twist over what amounts to a drunk guy knocking another guy out of a golf cart and driving it a short distance. It was dumb, he was a complete douche, and he deserves to face consequences, but this is not a cut-worthy offense. If you are offended by my use of the word "ballpark" then you need to relax.

if he was white, nobody would care


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.