ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official 2017 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6360)

GoBigBlue88 04-28-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 11514)
Playing around with this a bit more:

CB Quincy Wilson, Florida
CB Kevin King, Washington
CB Chidobe Awuzie, Colorado

Three kids whom I think could all come in and immediately start for us at CB2 as a pretty quality press CB.

I appreciate your work on here -- you do an excellent job!!! -- so not trying to crap on it, but ... Kevin King is the definition of a project CB. Not an immediate starter at all.

njcoltfan 04-28-2017 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 11555)
I appreciate your work on here -- you do an excellent job!!! -- so not trying to crap on it, but ... Kevin King is the definition of a project CB. Not an immediate starter at all.

so was Green last year, your point being ??

GoBigBlue88 04-28-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 11556)
so was Green last year, your point being ??

My point being sherck was saying King should be a target for an immediate starter at CB. He is not an immediate starter at CB. Colts could do much better than King in Round 2.

Someone like King, IMO, is Round 3 material.

njcoltfan 04-28-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 11563)
My point being sherck was saying King should be a target for an immediate starter at CB. He is not an immediate starter at CB. Colts could do much better than King in Round 2.

Someone like King, IMO, is Round 3 material.

Ok

FatDT 04-28-2017 02:00 PM

I actually really strongly agree about King. He is measurables, that's it. Don't want him.

Puck 04-28-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 11545)
My hope is that either Ryan Anderson or Trey Henderson are still there in the 3rd round for OLB. Either would be a good choice.

CB in the 2nd round, I hope. If not, we should be signing a vet to start for 1 year before the end of the 2nd round.

Cheers,


You are gonna fight this BPA thought all the way to the end aren't you?

VeveJones007 04-28-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 11581)
You are gonna fight this BPA thought all the way to the end aren't you?

If Lamp is still there at 2.14, he'll likely be BPA. I imagine you'd be alright with that.

Puck 04-28-2017 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 11583)
If Lamp is still there at 2.14, he'll likely be BPA. I imagine you'd be alright with that.

I'm always good with BPA. after watching the 1st unwind I didn't want the to take Lamp. I was leaning toward Allen. I'm thrilled with Hooker It helps out 2 positions But he was only a 2 yr player with one great yr. hopefully he hasn't shot his load already. Adding Allen would have made this a very hard to run on team.

Read an article that Hooker was the top player on Ballards board. He almost didn't even put him on. But liked him so much he brought him in for a visit just in case he fell. It was never a decision once he was available. He was the pick

VeveJones007 04-28-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 11601)
I'm always good with BPA. after watching the 1st unwind I didn't want the to take Lamp. I was leaning toward Allen. I'm thrilled with Hooker It helps out 2 positions But he was only a 2 yr player with one great yr. hopefully he hasn't shot his load already. Adding Allen would have made this a very hard to run on team.

Read an article that Hooker was the top player on Ballards board. He almost didn't even put him on. But liked him so much he brought him in for a visit just in case he fell. It was never a decision once he was available. He was the pick

I'm interested to know how much weight Ballard is giving to Pagano's scheme in evaluating players. Having that ball hawk in the back is vitally important, and that importance could very well move Hooker to the top 2-3 players on Ballard's board coming in.

Puck 04-06-2018 05:37 PM

Always fun to look back


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.