ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Free Agency Predictions (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97383)

Ironshaft 03-23-2020 12:54 PM

Remaining Free Agents
 
List of remaining free agents that I would like to see the Colts take a stab at:

DE Jadeveon Clowney

DT Mike Daniels
DT Shelby Harris
DT Damon Harrison
DT Timmy Jernigan
DT Derek Wolfe

WR Robby Anderson
WR Breshad Perriman
WR Devin Funchess
WR Rashard Higgins

TE Tyler Eifert

CB Ronald Darby

As you can see, I really want another NT/DT in the fold to go with Buckner, Autry and Stewart and a veteran WR to work in the mix with T.Y., Campbell, Pascal, Fountain and 1 or 2 rookie draft picks.

Clowney, Eifert and Darby are positions that I think we need more quality bodies at but I am not sure any of them are our thing.

Clowney will probably be too expensive (he is a talent) and I am not sure Eifert or Darby would be better than a 2nd/3rd/4th round rookie at the position.

Not much else out there, IMO.

JAFF 03-23-2020 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironshaft (Post 157388)


Clowney will probably be too expensive (he is a talent) and I am not sure Eifert or Darby would be better than a 2nd/3rd/4th round rookie at the position.

Not much else out there, IMO.

Hes not worth what hes asking. Way over hyped

YDFL Commish 03-23-2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironshaft (Post 157388)
List of remaining free agents that I would like to see the Colts take a stab at:

DE Jadeveon Clowney

DT Mike Daniels
DT Shelby Harris
DT Damon Harrison
DT Timmy Jernigan
DT Derek Wolfe

WR Robby Anderson
WR Breshad Perriman
WR Devin Funchess
WR Rashard Higgins

TE Tyler Eifert

CB Ronald Darby

As you can see, I really want another NT/DT in the fold to go with Buckner, Autry and Stewart and a veteran WR to work in the mix with T.Y., Campbell, Pascal, Fountain and 1 or 2 rookie draft picks.

Clowney, Eifert and Darby are positions that I think we need more quality bodies at but I am not sure any of them are our thing.

Clowney will probably be too expensive (he is a talent) and I am not sure Eifert or Darby would be better than a 2nd/3rd/4th round rookie at the position.

Not much else out there, IMO.

I would like to have Robby Anderson, but the rumor is that he wants TY Hilton money or more. I'm not sure that would sit well with Hilton or the locker room, based on Anderson's production.

Ballard probably wouldn't go there.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 03-23-2020 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironshaft (Post 157388)
List of remaining free agents that I would like to see the Colts take a stab at:

DE Jadeveon Clowney

Clowney will probably be too expensive (he is a talent) and I am not sure Eifert or Darby would be better than a 2nd/3rd/4th round rookie at the position.


FWIW - Seattle reportedly has offered Clowney a multi-year deal at $18.5MM per year.

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/sta...14475875794944

Quote:

From my story https://thenewstribune.com/sports/nf...241375251.html last night.

Nothing’s changed for #Seahawks and Jadeveon Clowney. Apparently $18.5M/yr in a multiyear from SEA. $3-5M less per year in a 1-year deal.

Chaka 03-23-2020 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 157459)
FWIW - Seattle reportedly has offered Clowney a multi-year deal at $18.5MM per year.

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/sta...14475875794944

But they also just traded for Quenton Dunbar, who purportedly wants $10M+ a year, and according to Overthecap.com SEA only had $18.3 in cap space BEFORE the trade.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 03-23-2020 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka (Post 157462)
But they also just traded for Quenton Dunbar, who purportedly wants $10M+ a year, and according to Overthecap.com SEA only had $18.3 in cap space BEFORE the trade.

Dunbar is still under contract for this year. Seattle can ink an extension with him with the bigger money starting next year. Or they could tell him to wait. The local beat writers had also mentioned the possibility of cutting a few players, too, to create additional cap space.

Chaka 03-24-2020 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 157467)
Dunbar is still under contract for this year. Seattle can ink an extension with him with the bigger money starting next year. Or they could tell him to wait. The local beat writers had also mentioned the possibility of cutting a few players, too, to create additional cap space.

Yeah, I suppose there could be ways around it with creative cap management, restructuring,etc. I just figured that Washington wouldn’t have traded him so cheaply if they thought he was willing to play for his scheduled $3.25M salary. Or perhaps Rivera is trying to create a new culture and wants to clear the locker room of malcontents.

Pez 03-24-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironshaft (Post 157388)
List of remaining free agents that I would like to see the Colts take a stab at:



DE Jadeveon Clowney



DT Mike Daniels

DT Shelby Harris

DT Damon Harrison

DT Timmy Jernigan

DT Derek Wolfe



WR Robby Anderson

WR Breshad Perriman

WR Devin Funchess

WR Rashard Higgins



TE Tyler Eifert



CB Ronald Darby



As you can see, I really want another NT/DT in the fold to go with Buckner, Autry and Stewart and a veteran WR to work in the mix with T.Y., Campbell, Pascal, Fountain and 1 or 2 rookie draft picks.



Clowney, Eifert and Darby are positions that I think we need more quality bodies at but I am not sure any of them are our thing.



Clowney will probably be too expensive (he is a talent) and I am not sure Eifert or Darby would be better than a 2nd/3rd/4th round rookie at the position.



Not much else out there, IMO.

I like shelby harris... he and Buckner would would make for a monster DL.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 03-24-2020 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 157454)
I would like to have Robby Anderson, but the rumor is that he wants TY Hilton money or more. I'm not sure that would sit well with Hilton or the locker room, based on Anderson's production.

Ballard probably wouldn't go there.


Robby Anderson to the Panthers per Rapoport and Mehta. I think several more WR's will be signing in the next few days.


Quote:

Former #Jets WR Robby Anderson has a deal with the #Panthers, as MMehtaNYDN said. He get a 2-year deal worth $20M with $12M in year 1. A nice landing spot.

Puck 03-24-2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 157498)
I like shelby harris... he and Buckner would would make for a monster DL.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Yep. Ballard has talked about needing help at NT. Not as much as he discussed 3tech but its important. I still think they are working on Clowney.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 03-24-2020 07:01 PM

Funchess won't be back - he agrees to terms with the Packers.


https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...85399618342917

Quote:

The #Packers are expected to sign WR Devin Funchess, per sources. A big body on the perimeter for Aaron Rodgers.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 03-24-2020 07:47 PM

Perriman to Jets to replace Robby Anderson.


https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...89943018467329

Quote:

Former Bucs’ WR Breshad Perriman is signing with the Jets on a one-year deal for worth up to $8 million, including $6 million guaranteed, per
RosenhausSports

apballin 03-24-2020 08:17 PM

Running out of options

Racehorse 03-24-2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 157563)
Running out of options

The draft is a month away

apballin 03-24-2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 157564)
The draft is a month away

Still got Inman as an option I guess

rm1369 03-25-2020 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 157564)
The draft is a month away

IMO they needed a FA and someone from the draft - especially if this is a supposed win now season. I don’t trust TY or Campbell to stay healthy. And I don’t trust rookie WRs to be major contributors.

Luck4Reich 03-25-2020 11:54 AM

Colts have a little over 28 million left. They must be targeting 1 or 2 more? But who?

Chromeburn 03-25-2020 02:11 PM

Going back to the Bears and their army of TEs. Rumor going around that we are interested in Trey Burton. He was good with the Eagles. So it makes sense Reich might like him.

Colt Classic 03-25-2020 08:23 PM

yeah, do that

smitty46953 03-28-2020 04:25 PM

Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero

My understanding it’s a one-year, $2.5 million deal for Devin Funchess with the #Packers — $1M signing bonus, $1.2M base salary, $50K workout bonus and $15,625 for each game active. Another $3.75M available in incentives, so max is $6.25M.

:cool:

Low risk high reward signing, think we should have done this :cool:

Ironshaft 03-29-2020 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 157847)
Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero



My understanding it’s a one-year, $2.5 million deal for Devin Funchess with the #Packers — $1M signing bonus, $1.2M base salary, $50K workout bonus and $15,625 for each game active. Another $3.75M available in incentives, so max is $6.25M.



:cool:



Low risk high reward signing, think we should have done this :cool:

While I agree that I would feel better about a vet to start opposite T.Y.:

Pascal
Campbell
Fountain
2020 Rookie

That is 5 WR there that Ballard either drafted (Campbell, Fountain, 2020 Rookie) or proved last season they belong (T.Y., Pascal).

Except for Amari Cooper, who in this free agent class was a sure-fire starter opposite T.Y.? Anyone else is taking developmental time away from the young WRs.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Chromeburn 03-29-2020 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 157847)
Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero

My understanding it’s a one-year, $2.5 million deal for Devin Funchess with the #Packers — $1M signing bonus, $1.2M base salary, $50K workout bonus and $15,625 for each game active. Another $3.75M available in incentives, so max is $6.25M.

:cool:

Low risk high reward signing, think we should have done this :cool:

Wonder what we offered him. Remember though, he was coming here for Andrew Luck, not Rivers and Brisket. I would probably go to GB too. Better chance of good numbers. He just has to beat Valdes Scantling to be the big guy.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 04-17-2020 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 157612)
Going back to the Bears and their army of TEs. Rumor going around that we are interested in Trey Burton. He was good with the Eagles. So it makes sense Reich might like him.


The Bears are releasing Trey Burton so he can now be signed as a free agent.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1251258708258062343

Quote:

Source: The #Bears are releasing TE Trey Burton. Another accomplished veteran on the market.

Colt Classic 04-18-2020 06:43 AM

Bears fans seem ok with this. The few games I saw of them it seemed like he was the only play-making receiver they had.:confused:

Ironshaft 04-18-2020 10:21 AM

Burton would be a good signing.

Good 2017 and 2018 before an injury ravaged 2019 season.

Type of vet signing along the lines of Carrier and Day. Solid guys who can contribute but will probably not be outstanding.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

smitty46953 04-18-2020 03:15 PM

Still kinda like see Sheard back :cool:

Chromeburn 04-18-2020 07:00 PM

OJ Howard of Tampa is on the trade block. Doesn’t seem to fit the scheme there.

YDFL Commish 04-18-2020 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 159133)
Still kinda like see Sheard back :cool:

I think that ship has sailed.

YDFL Commish 04-18-2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironshaft (Post 159124)
Burton would be a good signing.

Good 2017 and 2018 before an injury ravaged 2019 season.

Type of vet signing along the lines of Carrier and Day. Solid guys who can contribute but will probably not be outstanding.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Maybe $3 to $5 million 2 year contract. No more than that though.

smitty46953 04-21-2020 01:38 PM

Michael Lombardi‏Verified account @mlombardiNFL · 24h24 hours ago

From talking to teams around the league 49ers want to clean up some cap issues and have made Dee Ford and Kwon Alexander along with Goodwin and Tartt available for trade. Will they get takers? Not sure but all four names are on the available list for the right price.

:cool:

smitty46953 04-21-2020 01:45 PM

Michael Lombardi‏Verified account @mlombardiNFL

More players available...Malik Hooker, Indy, PJ Hall Oakland, Rasul Douglas Phila, Adam Sheehan, Chicago. It's going to be a fun week.

:cool:

I think it's to soon to give up on this kid

Dam8610 04-21-2020 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 159279)
Michael Lombardi‏Verified account @mlombardiNFL

More players available...Malik Hooker, Indy, PJ Hall Oakland, Rasul Douglas Phila, Adam Sheehan, Chicago. It's going to be a fun week.

:cool:

I think it's to soon to give up on this kid

I doubt they're giving up on him. With the safeties in this draft, it might be worthwhile to get a 1 for him and draft a Grant Delpit, for example.

smitty46953 04-21-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 159280)
I doubt they're giving up on him. With the safeties in this draft, it might be worthwhile to get a 1 for him and draft a Grant Delpit, for example.

I doubt get a 1 for him with his injury history, think he missed 14 out of 44.
Think if I had a 1 to give for Hooker, I would just draft McKinney or Delpit ? :cool:

JAFF 04-21-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 159280)
I doubt they're giving up on him. With the safeties in this draft, it might be worthwhile to get a 1 for him and draft a Grant Delpit, for example.

Not getting a 1 for Hooker

Dam8610 04-21-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 159281)
I doubt get a 1 for him with his injury history, think he missed 14 out of 44.
Think if I had a 1 to give for Hooker, I would just draft McKinney or Delpit ? :cool:

Maybe some team really likes Hooker. Just because a guy is made available doesn't mean the asking price is reasonable.

JAFF 04-21-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 159281)
I doubt get a 1 for him with his injury history, think he missed 14 out of 44.
Think if I had a 1 to give for Hooker, I would just draft McKinney or Delpit ? :cool:


Which is why they’re not going to get a number one for hooker

Dam8610 04-21-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 159283)
Not getting a 1 for Hooker

Then don't trade him. Easy.

smitty46953 04-21-2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 159286)
Then don't trade him. Easy.

Always liked the kid coming out of Ohio State, hope it's just a rumor. Personally don't want the Colts to move him. :cool:

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 04-21-2020 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 159287)
Always liked the kid coming out of Ohio State, hope it's just a rumor. Personally don't want the Colts to move him. :cool:


It could just be speculation / rumor from Ballard's earlier comment about Hooker's 5th year option.

Ballard stated that no decision had been made yet and it wouldn't happen until after the draft. The deadline to exercise the option is May 4.

rcubed 04-21-2020 03:32 PM

Probably just floated out he is available to see if there is interest. If something significant were offered then they consider.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.