ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   So....thoughts of trading up for the #1 pick? (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157400)

Dam8610 01-13-2023 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lov2fish (Post 257830)
You are cherry picking footage. Hell I can make Curtis Painter look good by cherry picking highlights from selective plays. You believe what you want to believe, its your illusion. I'll believe what my eyes tell me.

The video literally says "every throw" and I didn't make it. How is that cherry picking? But please, by all means, cherry pick if you must, show me even one bad CJ Stroud game.

YDFL Commish 01-13-2023 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 257832)
The video literally says "every throw" and I didn't make it. How is that cherry picking? But please, by all means, cherry pick if you must, show me even one bad CJ Stroud game.

Northwestern.

Puck 01-13-2023 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 257801)
There is not a single QB that is worth moving up from the 4th pick for.

The Cardinals and Bears are not taking a QB, so we've got our choice, after the Texans.

Also show me a team with the draft capital and the issue that they are not heavily invested in a franchise QB. I only see possibly Seattle if they sour on Geno Smith.

Yep. Although there may be one that turns out pretty good. But not worth trading up for.

Sit at 4 and see what happens. Can trade back and collect draft picks and roll with Sam and get the #1 for 2024 and get Williams

Although I am intrigued by AR15. He could possibly be had in the 2nd. and also Hooker in the 3rd

rcubed 01-13-2023 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 257856)
Yep. Although there may be one that turns out pretty good. But not worth trading up for.

Sit at 4 and see what happens. Can trade back and collect draft picks and roll with Sam and get the #1 for 2024 and get Williams

Although I am intrigued by AR15. He could possibly be had in the 2nd. and also Hooker in the 3rd

i approve this plan.

Coltsalr 01-13-2023 05:31 PM

There’s rumblings now that Stroud could possibly return to school.

Dam8610 01-13-2023 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 257856)
Yep. Although there may be one that turns out pretty good. But not worth trading up for.

Sit at 4 and see what happens. Can trade back and collect draft picks and roll with Sam and get the #1 for 2024 and get Williams

Although I am intrigued by AR15. He could possibly be had in the 2nd. and also Hooker in the 3rd

By the 2024 draft everyone will hate Caleb Williams and say he folds under pressure or can't improvise or something. You're almost never going to get the perfect prospect according to everyone, and sometimes when you do *cough*TrevorLawrence*cough*, it's not necessarily a good thing. Burrow is the only top QB in the NFL today that was universally thought to be the best player in his draft.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 257893)
There’s rumblings now that Stroud could possibly return to school.

That would be the worst possible thing for the Colts.

Dam8610 01-13-2023 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 257836)
Northwestern.

I saw 4 bad throws and at least 5 drops of perfectly thrown balls. Most of Ohio State's struggles on offense in that game boiled down to them being unable to convert 3rd and short with their running game. If that's the worst of CJ Stroud it reinforces my opinion that the Colts should trade up for him.

Lov2fish 01-13-2023 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 257900)
I saw 4 bad throws and at least 5 drops of perfectly thrown balls. Most of Ohio State's struggles on offense in that game boiled down to them being unable to convert 3rd and short with their running game. If that's the worst of CJ Stroud it reinforces my opinion that the Colts should trade up for him.

Dude, don't hug his balls so hard, he can't breath.

Lov2fish 01-13-2023 07:20 PM

Reports are starting to come out that Stroud is staying another year at Ohio State. So now what, suck again next year for the wonder kid?

YDFL Commish 01-13-2023 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 257900)
I saw 4 bad throws and at least 5 drops of perfectly thrown balls. Most of Ohio State's struggles on offense in that game boiled down to them being unable to convert 3rd and short with their running game. If that's the worst of CJ Stroud it reinforces my opinion that the Colts should trade up for him.

He threw for 76 fuk'n yards, he was 10 of 26 against the 83rd ranked defense in the country. You gotta be kidding me that we should trade up for this dude.

I'm going to bet you a snickers bar that Will Levis will be the best QB in this draft.

Dam8610 01-13-2023 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lov2fish (Post 257906)
Reports are starting to come out that Stroud is staying another year at Ohio State. So now what, suck again next year for the wonder kid?

The options at that point are trade up to 1 for Young or go back to the QB fixer upper market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 257907)
He threw for 76 fuk'n yards, he was 10 of 26 against the 83rd ranked defense in the country. You gotta be kidding me that we should trade up for this dude.

I'm going to bet you a snickers bar that Will Levis will be the best QB in this draft.

He also ran for another 70ish yards and had about 120ish yards worth of throws dropped. I didn't say he looked great in that game, but if that's the floor, it's a good floor.

Lov2fish 01-13-2023 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 257908)
The options at that point are trade up to 1 for Young or go back to the QB fixer upper market.



He also ran for another 70ish yards and had about 120ish yards worth of throws dropped. I didn't say he looked great in that game, but if that's the floor, it's a good floor.

We agree Young has talent, no denying it. His size scares the living shit out of me. I am all for trading back, or taking a stud pass rusher. Lets face it, a QB alone is not fixing this fucking train wreck. Go O-line in 2nd. round.

Brylok 01-13-2023 08:12 PM

Irsay, Ballard, Saturday, and Sam will get us the #1 pick next season. I'm kidding/not kidding.

Coltsalr 01-13-2023 10:52 PM

Will Levis does nothing for me. I know I’m not overly impressed by Stroud, but Levis does nothing at all for me.

I can see the talent in Anthony Richardson but I don’t have the appetite for a project player.

I’d just as soon nab Will Anderson and suck ass (again) and get Caleb Williams in 2024.

Dam8610 01-13-2023 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 257922)
Will Levis does nothing for me. I know I’m not overly impressed by Stroud, but Levis does nothing at all for me.

I can see the talent in Anthony Richardson but I don’t have the appetite for a project player.

I’d just as soon nab Will Anderson and suck ass (again) and get Caleb Williams in 2024.

You know everyone will hate Williams next year the way they hate Stroud now, right? He's also a Lincoln Riley QB, which is a huge risk factor.

ChoppedWood 01-14-2023 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 257923)
You know everyone will hate Williams next year the way they hate Stroud now, right? He's also a Lincoln Riley QB, which is a huge risk factor.

He is also losing WR's by the buckets, they may not be the offensive light show they were this year which would knock his stock.

apballin 01-14-2023 11:55 AM

According to David Kaplan, Colts are offering Pittman, another player and next years first and are in love with Levis

ChoppedWood 01-14-2023 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 257939)
According to David Kaplan, Colts are offering Pittman, another player and next years first and are in love with Levis

Yuck

Going to try to go the highly intelligent, big stand in the pocket throw darts route again. We have the worst OL in the NFL. Sacked into submission is my expectation.

Strikes me as precisely the type of guy Ballard would covet because of his "traits" without any consideration for the team as a whole. Pittman is a solid # 2, so yeah, let's reduce the weaponry for a rookie QB- Genius! Hey, let's let Campbell walk while we're at it.

Coltsalr 01-14-2023 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 257923)
You know everyone will hate Williams next year the way they hate Stroud now, right? He's also a Lincoln Riley QB, which is a huge risk factor.

I don’t know about that. There wasn’t this much hype in 2022 that “Stroud is going to be hands down the guy in 2023!” Caleb Williams has a much higher perch to fall from.

omahacolt 01-14-2023 12:23 PM

absolutely don't want to trade up

ChaosTheory 01-14-2023 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 257939)
According to David Kaplan, Colts are offering Pittman, another player and next years first and are in love with Levis

Interesting. That's a lot to give up for this class. But if you want a guy, especially if Stroud decides to return to OSU, it's a bad ratios of QBs : QB-needy teams that you have to stay ahead of.

CletusPyle 01-14-2023 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 257922)
Will Levis does nothing for me. I know I’m not overly impressed by Stroud, but Levis does nothing at all for me.

I can see the talent in Anthony Richardson but I don’t have the appetite for a project player.

I’d just as soon nab Will Anderson and suck ass (again) and get Caleb Williams in 2024.

I think Levis is going to be very good, just my opinion based on what I have seen and a consensus of expert opinions that I have read and heard. But it is always a crap shoot, but unlikely that all of the top 5 or 6 prospects will be a bust, the question is which one is going to be exceptional?

Lov2fish 01-14-2023 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 257948)
I think Levis is going to be very good, just my opinion based on what I have seen and a consensus of expert opinions that I have read and heard. But it is always a crap shoot, but unlikely that all of the top 5 or 6 prospects will be a bust, the question is which one is going to be exceptional?

I still stand behind what I have said. I would not trade draft stock for any of them. However, Levis is the most NFL ready QB in this draft. Young is way to fucking small and like Stroud is surrounded by blue chip players who make their lives easier on the field. Levis playing at KY has played with some so-so players, JUCO and DII transfers and made them better. He stronger, mentally and physically than the other 2.

rcubed 01-14-2023 03:01 PM

So....thoughts of trading up for the #1 pick?
 
No trading up. If its levis at 4, ok, take your shot with a rookie QB. I wont fault ballard for that if he doesnt pan out. But it doesn’t seem any of the top QBs are worth giving up future capital

Hoopsdoc 01-14-2023 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 257856)
Yep. Although there may be one that turns out pretty good. But not worth trading up for.

Sit at 4 and see what happens. Can trade back and collect draft picks and roll with Sam and get the #1 for 2024 and get Williams

Although I am intrigued by AR15. He could possibly be had in the 2nd. and also Hooker in the 3rd

No. They have to take a quarterback.

Rolling with Sam isn’t a viable option.

We aren’t the Cowboys. Colts fans won’t stick around for another season of suck, unless there’s a young highly drafted quarterback playing.

YDFL Commish 01-14-2023 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 257948)
I think Levis is going to be very good, just my opinion based on what I have seen and a consensus of expert opinions that I have read and heard. But it is always a crap shoot, but unlikely that all of the top 5 or 6 prospects will be a bust, the question is which one is going to be exceptional?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKxMSijJ-Do

Dam8610 01-14-2023 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 257939)
According to David Kaplan, Colts are offering Pittman, another player and next years first and are in love with Levis

It's that last part that's concerning.

IndyNorm 01-14-2023 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 257940)
Yuck

Going to try to go the highly intelligent, big stand in the pocket throw darts route again. We have the worst OL in the NFL. Sacked into submission is my expectation.

Strikes me as precisely the type of guy Ballard would covet because of his "traits" without any consideration for the team as a whole. Pittman is a solid # 2, so yeah, let's reduce the weaponry for a rookie QB- Genius! Hey, let's let Campbell walk while we're at it.

Agreed. Let's go from a bad WR room to a terrible WR room. That would be great for a rookie QB :cool:

Puck 01-14-2023 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 257955)
No. They have to take a quarterback.

Rolling with Sam isn’t a viable option.

We aren’t the Cowboys. Colts fans won’t stick around for another season of suck, unless there’s a young highly drafted quarterback playing.

None worth taking at 4 IMO. ANd damn sure not wanting to trade up to get one. Take Anderson and then Richardson in the 2nd or Hookerr in the 3rd.

Having to take a QB is not true at all. There are FA QB's out there also. You can't waste a #4 pick on a less than elite QB.

If Ballard is that confident in one of these guys. It will either make or break him.

I wouldn't do it

JAFF 01-14-2023 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 257958)
It's that last part that's concerning.

Trade away your best receiver for a rookie qb. Who is he going to throw to?

ChoppedWood 01-14-2023 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 257972)
Trade away your best receiver for a rookie qb. Who is he going to throw to?

Let me be Ballard for a minute:

Matt Pryor is going to be our WR1 in 2023

This is of course said in a raspy somewhat southern drawl with a nice concentration of sarcasm intended to serve notice to his haters that he had a plan all along- you / we, we were just too stupid to not see his genius until it all unfolded.

apballin 01-14-2023 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 257974)
Let me be Ballard for a minute:

Matt Pryor is going to be our WR1 in 2023

This is of course said in a raspy somewhat southern drawl with a nice concentration of sarcasm intended to serve notice to his haters that he had a plan all along- you / we, we were just too stupid to not see his genius until it all unfolded.

Let’s raise our glasses to kicking everyone’s asses

omahacolt 01-15-2023 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 257971)
None worth taking at 4 IMO. ANd damn sure not wanting to trade up to get one. Take Anderson and then Richardson in the 2nd or Hookerr in the 3rd.

Having to take a QB is not true at all. There are FA QB's out there also. You can't waste a #4 pick on a less than elite QB.

If Ballard is that confident in one of these guys. It will either make or break him.

I wouldn't do it

Richardson will not be there in the 2nd. i am thinking i like the idea of just staying put and taking richardson at 4. sure he could bust but he could also be amazing. there is a lot to work with there and at the very least it should be fun

ChoppedWood 01-15-2023 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 258038)
Richardson will not be there in the 2nd. i am thinking i like the idea of just staying put and taking richardson at 4. sure he could bust but he could also be amazing. there is a lot to work with there and at the very least.

That's where I am as well. Try like hell to re-create Josh Allen. Hell if he can become a wish Randall Cunningham- let's just go with it. DO NOT GIVE UP ANY FUCKING OFFENSIVE SKILL POSITIONS TO MOVE UP FOR ANY OF THESE DUDES! Does no fucking good to get some project QB (in some respects all of the top 4 are) and dilute their weaponry.

Dam8610 01-15-2023 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 257972)
Trade away your best receiver for a rookie qb. Who is he going to throw to?

If they get the wrong QB, what does it matter? Moving to 1 is necessary if Stroud declares, and even more necessary if he doesn't, to ensure the Colts get the best QB.

As for your question, there are other weapons on this offense, there's the free agent market, and there's the other draft picks the Colts have as well. If all that's given up to move from 4 to 1 is Pittman and next year's 1, that's a coup.

Brylok 01-15-2023 01:55 PM

Pittman wants to leave. I read that days ago, but I don't recall where.

ukcolt 01-15-2023 02:25 PM

If Pittman wants to leave, that is fine, someone can give us a high round pick, he is a proven commodity. But i really don't want to trade up in this draft for any of these QB's. This year's class in my opinion, could be as bad as last years.

Discflinger 01-15-2023 02:28 PM

Don’t blame him. Probably would like to run more than just slants.

Lov2fish 01-15-2023 02:37 PM

Before I traded future draft capitol I would take a stud pass rusher, grab Stetson Bennet in the 2nd. round. Yea he is 25, but that is still 12-13 years of good football for todays QB's as they are protected like national treasures. He has won two national titles and can make every throw. He is just as likely to be a good QB as any of the top 4 in the draft. When everything has bust potential written all over it, I would rather it be a 2nd. round bust. He will be there with our first pick in the 2nd.

apballin 01-15-2023 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 258048)
Pittman wants to leave. I read that days ago, but I don't recall where.

He’s a Cali boy wouldn’t surprise me if he wanted to go back out west, and if we’re not gonna pay him might as well get something for him


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.