ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   “We’re Losing a Legend Today”-Jim Irsay (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49560)

Butter 08-23-2018 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 75733)
Fuck that, only a pussy pulls that shit! I hear stuff every day that may me me feel a little uncomfortable. The whole fukn country needs to stop being offended by everything and grow a set!

I understand the sentiment, but it is complicated and some of the groups have had a long history of abuse and harassment. I recognize that it has gone too far in some cases, but there is a history that led to this.

Colts And Orioles 08-23-2018 02:33 AM

o



The game is finally fucking over.



Colts Radio Announcer Is Really Happy The Game Is "Finally Fucking Over"

(By Tom Ley)

https://deadspin.com/colts-radio-ann...ina-1787092849


o

Racehorse 08-23-2018 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 75755)
I understand the sentiment, but it is complicated and some of the groups have had a long history of abuse and harassment. I recognize that it has gone too far in some cases, but there is a history that led to this.

I work with a guy who complains about the younger generation using the same term about each other, but changing the last two letters from "er" to an "a". His valid argument is that his generation fought too hard to eliminate the N word for the next generation to use a very similar word to describe themselves. It is a step backwards.

omahacolt 08-23-2018 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 75765)
I work with a guy who complains about the younger generation using the same term about each other, but changing the last two letters from "er" to an "a". His valid argument is that his generation fought too hard to eliminate the N word for the next generation to use a very similar word to describe themselves. It is a step backwards.

Your coworker sounds like a dumbass.

Racehorse 08-24-2018 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 75766)
Your coworker sounds like a dumbass.

No, he is a 55YO black man who doesn't like the N word, even if it is modified and used by young blacks.

FatDT 08-24-2018 09:28 AM

I think any black person can feel however they want about the N word. They're the ones whose ancestors were dragged here in chains and forced to work until they died while their wives and daughters were raped and their sons forced to work like dogs in the sun all day. They are the ones living with the generations-long effects of the way their society was torn apart and trampled on for decades.

And I think white people should shut up with any opinions they have about the word. Just say "n-word" if/when you need to reference it. It doesn't matter if you are re-telling a story about someone else. Just say "n-word".

I don't think this incident makes Lamey a racist, but he should've known better. And as I've said for years, he's not even good on the radio anymore.

Racehorse 08-24-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 75902)
I think any black person can feel however they want about the N word. They're the ones whose ancestors were dragged here in chains and forced to work until they died while their wives and daughters were raped and their sons forced to work like dogs in the son all day. They are the ones living with the generations-long effects of the way their society was torn apart and trampled on for decades.

And I think white people should shut up with any opinions they have about the word. Just say "n-word" if/when you need to reference it. It doesn't matter if you are re-telling a story about someone else. Just say "n-word".

I don't think this incident makes Lamey a racist, but he shouldn't known better. And as I've said for years, he's not even good on the radio anymore.

I agree, however, omaha thinks he is a dumbass. I feel that his emotions are valid, being from Tennessee and having gone to play football at Ole Miss. He has experienced racism that has led him to hate any variation of the N word. Maybe omaha is the dumbass.

JAFF 08-24-2018 06:31 PM

You know when the world is going to end, when we can't use the word, "ASSHOLE" for anyone.

Lets be honest. It's a perfect word for the worst person in the world.

omahacolt 08-24-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 75954)
I agree, however, omaha thinks he is a dumbass. I feel that his emotions are valid, being from Tennessee and having gone to play football at Ole Miss. He has experienced racism that has led him to hate any variation of the N word. Maybe omaha is the dumbass.

good argument

and there is no doubt that i am a dumbass

omahacolt 08-24-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 75955)
You know when the world is going to end, when we can't use the word, "ASSHOLE" for anyone.

Lets be honest. It's a perfect word for the worst person in the world.

i think that person is called trump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.