![]() |
When AR was drafted, I was on record saying I didn't think he should start right away. They should have gone with Minshew for at least the first 6 games and if they then thought he was ready, give him a start. I don't think there has ever been a QB with as little starting experience in college that was ever handed the keys immediately. I'm not sure who had the last word on making him start immediately, Ballard or Streichen, but that was a colossal mistake. Hopefully he can come back from this and become a productive QB.
|
Quote:
Everybody assumes, because of recent examples like Mahomes or Love, that sitting behind a vet is what led to success. Could be. Or it could be that they were just going to be good regardless. Same could apply in reverse... Josh Allen got the Baptism by fire... Is that the only way he would have ended up good? |
Quote:
|
o
‘He’s the One’ ...... Why Anthony Richardson’s Teammates Have Rallied Around His Return at QB (By Joel A. Erickson) https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...b/76306507007/ o |
I agree one needs the support his teammates. They would not give it if they didn't have a solid reason. I have to trust the locker room at this point because I certainly don't trust the GM. The HC is on notice with me for sure.
|
o
Anthony Richardson Is Last in Completion Percentage, but First in Yards-per-Completion (By Michael David Smith) https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...per-completion Completion Percentage: l) 48.7 Yards-per-Completion llllllt. 15.6 Lamar Jackson l is 2nd in the NFL in Yards-per-Completion ...... more than 2 full yards behind Richardson, at 13.4 o |
Quote:
This is not necessarily that surprising ...... if a QB doesn't complete a lot of passes, said QB's YPC will often be high ...... in 2010, Tim Tebow had a 50 Completion Percentage and a 16.0 YPC. In 2011, Tebow had a 46.5 Completion Percentage and a 13.7 YPC. o |
o
(vs. LIONS, 11/24) Richardson's numbers were bad (11-for-28), but he also avoided numerous sacks by either throwing the ball away or fighting off a tackle. There was also had a big drop at the goal-line by Ogletree, and some questionable calls by the referees. o |
As long as this team learns to rally around Anthony and he grows cerebrally, this season is a win.
|
Quote:
|
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.