ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OL (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150294)

ChoppedWood 09-28-2022 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 241609)
Excellent point including the running backs. Edge James was outstanding in pass pro, not many fans notice that part of his game

For my money, the best to ever do it. You blitzed, you got your ass stood up!

YDFL Commish 09-28-2022 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 241638)
For my money, the best to ever do it. You blitzed, you got your ass stood up!

Maybe not last week, but the first 2 weeks JT was not handling the blitz well at all.

IndyNorm 09-28-2022 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 241563)
https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...k/69520809007/




Apparently the coaches have noticed

We'll see. If Pinter is still in the starting lineup this week then they don't fully get it.

nate505 09-28-2022 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 241638)
For my money, the best to ever do it. You blitzed, you got your ass stood up!

I remember when he was drafted over Ricky Williams, that was one of the things people said that set him apart from Williams. I also remember rolling my eyes at that...until I saw him in action and realized just how important that was, especially with Peyton Manning as a QB.

omahacolt 09-28-2022 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 241655)
I remember when he was drafted over Ricky Williams, that was one of the things people said that set him apart from Williams. I also remember rolling my eyes at that...until I saw him in action and realized just how important that was, especially with Peyton Manning as a QB.

edge was a fucking man. he lit dudes up in pass pro. addai was pretty damn good as well.

ChaosTheory 09-28-2022 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 241660)
edge was a fucking man. he lit dudes up in pass pro. addai was pretty damn good as well.

I was just about to say Addai was drafted due to his pass-pro as well.

But Edge was something else. Genuinely elite at everything. Probably the most selfless Colts player I can think of. Still bums me out that he blew his knee, especially seeing guys today come back full strength in 9 months.

YDFL Commish 09-28-2022 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 241660)
edge was a fucking man. he lit dudes up in pass pro. addai was pretty damn good as well.

Who was the Patsies poster who said that Addai was nothing more than a gangly 3rd down back and that Maroney was far superior?

Racehorse 09-29-2022 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 241663)
Who was the Patsies poster who said that Addai was nothing more than a gangly 3rd down back and that Maroney was far superior?

Probably 3effin

MeSayDayo 09-29-2022 07:43 AM

As much as I loved what Addai did for that championship team, I don't think you can look at his career and deem him anything special.
He only really had one good season (his rookie year, ran for just over 1k) and maybe one more after that. He was injury riddled and out of the league by like his 4th year.
His skillset was really unique and I honestly am having trouble even drawing a similar comparison to him in today's NFL. He was very very shifty with an awesome jump cut move (similar to Lesean McCoy) and had great hands. He could make something out of nothing in little space, but also was not that explosive and looked completely lost running at the second level. I don't think he broke more than one or two long runs in his whole career, but he had awesome hands, a good football brain and was fantastic in pass pro.

Ultimately, Addai was definitely a wasted first round pick even if he contributed in that Superbowl with like 10 catches. In hindsight, we should have just resigned Edge. He went on to having another good 4 years in the league.

Spike 09-29-2022 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeSayDayo (Post 241669)
As much as I loved what Addai did for that championship team, I don't think you can look at his career and deem him anything special.
He only really had one good season (his rookie year, ran for just over 1k) and maybe one more after that. He was injury riddled and out of the league by like his 4th year.
His skillset was really unique and I honestly am having trouble even drawing a similar comparison to him in today's NFL. He was very very shifty with an awesome jump cut move (similar to Lesean McCoy) and had great hands. He could make something out of nothing in little space, but also was not that explosive and looked completely lost running at the second level. I don't think he broke more than one or two long runs in his whole career, but he had awesome hands, a good football brain and was fantastic in pass pro.

Ultimately, Addai was definitely a wasted first round pick even if he contributed in that Superbowl with like 10 catches. In hindsight, we should have just resigned Edge. He went on to having another good 4 years in the league.

I respectively disagree. If a guy helps you win a Super Bowl and Addai definitely did that, it's not a wasted draft pick. Having said that, Edge is one of my favorite Colts of all time.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.