ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Has Kenny Moore Played His Last Game as a Colt? (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144502)

Oldcolt 05-27-2022 11:51 AM

Trying to get more from the team is done all the time. On my list of things that are immoral renegotiating a contract in the NFL runs just behind speeding. It may be technically breaking the law but if I take into account how the owners treat players (I'm looking at how fucked up their response has been to CTE with John Mackey as the poster boy for the Colts-THAT is immoral) I really could care less. Owners have all the money and power and take total advantage of it all the time. Having said all of that, if Kenny pushes it I am with the group that would trade him (but for draft picks) and wish him well. He ain't irreplaceable by any means.

Colts And Orioles 05-27-2022 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 231782)



Trying to get more from the team is done all the time. On my list of things that are immoral renegotiating a contract in the NFL runs just behind speeding. It may be technically breaking the law but if I take into account how the owners treat players (I'm looking at how fucked up their response has been to CTE with John Mackey as the poster boy for the Colts-THAT is immoral) I really could care less. Owners have all the money and power and take total advantage of it all the time. Having said all of that, if Kenny pushes it I am with the group that would trade him (but for draft picks) and wish him well. He ain't irreplaceable by any means.




o


Russ Francis actually quit playing for one full year, partly because he was so disgusted at how the NFL treated his paralyzed best friend, Darryl Stingley ...... he was talked out of retirement by Bill Walsh when Francis was in Hawaii, working for ABC Sports at the Pro Bowl.




https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....05i/654595.jpg

o

apballin 05-27-2022 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 231782)
Trying to get more from the team is done all the time. On my list of things that are immoral renegotiating a contract in the NFL runs just behind speeding. It may be technically breaking the law but if I take into account how the owners treat players (I'm looking at how fucked up their response has been to CTE with John Mackey as the poster boy for the Colts-THAT is immoral) I really could care less. Owners have all the money and power and take total advantage of it all the time. Having said all of that, if Kenny pushes it I am with the group that would trade him (but for draft picks) and wish him well. He ain't irreplaceable by any means.

Exactly , Jonathan Taylor showed up Kenny!!! Talk about under paid!!!

Made 1.7 while his backup made 6 mil and he’s still showing up

Chaka 05-27-2022 08:16 PM

Holder mentioned a couple things in an article I read this morning which were interesting. First, apparently Moore changed agents just recently.

Second, Holder mentioned that Moore’s current extension was signed in 2019, after his second year in the league. That’s interesting because it means that even without the contract, the Colts would more or less have had control of Moore for two additional years before he’d become an unrestricted free agent. So they likely overpaid Moore for those first two years to compensate for the length of the contract (according to Spotrac, he got the biggest chunk of cash in the first year), and so far Moore’s only lost one free agent year under the deal. So to the Colts, the most valuable part of the deal are the next two (2022 and 2023) and these are the ones Moore wants to negate. I'd imagine that will anger the Colts.

According to Holder, at present the Colts are not interested in negotiating, and believe his deal was fair. So the pieces seem to be in moving into place for a showdown.

apballin 05-28-2022 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka (Post 231806)
Holder mentioned a couple things in an article I read this morning which were interesting. First, apparently Moore changed agents just recently.

Second, Holder mentioned that Moore’s current extension was signed in 2019, after his second year in the league. That’s interesting because it means that even without the contract, the Colts would more or less have had control of Moore for two additional years before he’d become an unrestricted free agent. So they likely overpaid Moore for those first two years to compensate for the length of the contract (according to Spotrac, he got the biggest chunk of cash in the first year), and so far Moore’s only lost one free agent year under the deal. So to the Colts, the most valuable part of the deal are the next two (2022 and 2023) and these are the ones Moore wants to negate. I'd imagine that will anger the Colts.

According to Holder, at present the Colts are not interested in negotiating, and believe his deal was fair. So the pieces seem to be in moving into place for a showdown.

He took the guaranteed early money he could’ve gambled on himself and turned it down. Something has swollen this dudes head, new agent or whatever but this isn’t a good move Kenny in my opinion you have zero bargain chips here. You played like shit the last 3 games and you were overpaid earlier in your deal when the colts didn’t have to give you shit. Not to mention you may not even matter to Gus Bradley to quote fast and furious here “shitty call O Conner”

Racehorse 05-28-2022 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka (Post 231806)
Holder mentioned a couple things in an article I read this morning which were interesting. First, apparently Moore changed agents just recently.

Second, Holder mentioned that Moore’s current extension was signed in 2019, after his second year in the league. That’s interesting because it means that even without the contract, the Colts would more or less have had control of Moore for two additional years before he’d become an unrestricted free agent. So they likely overpaid Moore for those first two years to compensate for the length of the contract (according to Spotrac, he got the biggest chunk of cash in the first year), and so far Moore’s only lost one free agent year under the deal. So to the Colts, the most valuable part of the deal are the next two (2022 and 2023) and these are the ones Moore wants to negate. I'd imagine that will anger the Colts.

According to Holder, at present the Colts are not interested in negotiating, and believe his deal was fair. So the pieces seem to be in moving into place for a showdown.

Not sure how agents get paid, but it seems the new agent isn’t getting as big of a slice as he would like and is talking him into this move. Agents, like any other lawyer, are the scum of the earth. They later become the worst of the worst by going into politics. Total scumbags.

Oldcolt 05-28-2022 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 231812)
He took the guaranteed early money he could’ve gambled on himself and turned it down. Something has swollen this dudes head, new agent or whatever but this isn’t a good move Kenny in my opinion you have zero bargain chips here. You played like shit the last 3 games and you were overpaid earlier in your deal when the colts didn’t have to give you shit. Not to mention you may not even matter to Gus Bradley to quote fast and furious here “shitty call O Conner”

To be fair Moore got a 33 million dollar contract of which 9 million was guaranteed. The Colts protected themselves, if he had gotten hurt badly they would have cut him and saved themselves 24 million (cost Kenny 24 million). It is the way they play the game in the NFL, there are no 'good' guys here, it is all just about money. If the players had never fought back they would still have zero free agency and be making a fraction of what they make AND the fucking owners would be pocketing the money. Having said all of that I agree that Kenny has very little bargaining chips here. It is a year to early to be asking for this. He has to know that.

ChaosTheory 05-28-2022 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 231803)
Exactly , Jonathan Taylor showed up Kenny!!! Talk about under paid!!!

Made 1.7 while his backup made 6 mil and he’s still showing up

The thought of having a Le'Veon Bell type situation on the Colts grosses me out. I hope none of our guys turns out to be like him.

apballin 05-28-2022 03:49 PM

Last thing I’m gonna say, undrafted from a small school he was given an opportunity when there were plenty of guys drafted on our team ahead of him

Colts gave him a hell of an opportunity mainly Pagano, he’s definitely earned his spot but he wouldn’t be in the position he’s in without the Colts they not only gave him a chance they’ve promoted and pushed his story

And now this… I don’t like it at all hopefully it ends up being nothing

rm1369 05-28-2022 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 231821)
Last thing I’m gonna say, undrafted from a small school he was given an opportunity when there were plenty of guys drafted on our team ahead of him

Colts gave him a hell of an opportunity mainly Pagano, he’s definitely earned his spot but he wouldn’t be in the position he’s in without the Colts they not only gave him a chance they’ve promoted and pushed his story

And now this… I don’t like it at all hopefully it ends up being nothing

They also would have cut him in a heartbeat if he hadn’t performed. I don’t begrudge players trying to get their money when they can. I think most fans lose sight of reality because of the amount of money involved. If Moore was an underpaid IT professional people would think differently about him pushing his employer for more money. Yeah there are obvious differences, but let’s not forget that among those differences is the fact Moore is literally one play away from being out of his profession for the rest of his life. He also has an extremely small window to earn. And the league doesn’t exactly have a great track record with taking care of players once they are used up.

My guess is Moore doesn’t hold out and plays this year, then is traded in the off season. I personally don’t think that makes Moore a bad person. I wish it wasn’t the case, he’s a better player than you’d assume from this thread. Either way, Moore will do what’s in his best interest and the team will do what’s in theirs. I’m guessing that’s trading him.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.