ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The Colts QB in 2021 is?... (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113950)

Ironshaft 12-27-2020 06:23 PM

I forgot.

I forgot that while the fans and players want a level playing field to just win or lose based on the play on the field, the NFL has its narrative its needs pushed.

In 2nd half of PIT game, the refs completely shoved the scale down on the side of the Steelers.

I forgot that the NFL has a narrative and having a 39 year old QB who has never sniffed post-season success win today was not in that narrative.

I hate forgetting that unless we have a HoF QB on the roster, we are the Washington Generals, not the Globetrotters.

We need to try to draft out next young HoF QB so we can be in the NFL narrative again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Chaka 12-27-2020 07:32 PM

My prediction: Rivers is our QB next year, and he's paid as much or more than he is being paid this year.

Dewey 5 12-27-2020 08:09 PM

It's been two years now since Luck quit. Time to find a real solution. No more bridge qb's. Figure this shit out!

Brylok 12-27-2020 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 180919)
It's been two years now since Luck quit. Time to find a real solution. No more bridge qb's. Figure this shit out!

I'm hoping for an Eason miracle. There's nobody else available that I think will be better than Rivers.

rcubed 12-28-2020 01:36 AM

Unless something unexpected happens it will be rivers on another one year contract.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dam8610 12-28-2020 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 180949)
I'm hoping for an Eason miracle. There's nobody else available that I think will be better than Rivers.

Stafford would be a sturdier bridge. I think Ballard needs to take a chance and move up for a QB in this draft. I think Kyle Trask or Mac Jones would be worthwhile, especially if they can trade up to the end of Round 1 to get one of them after getting their LT of the future. I like Eason, but unless the team starts showing confidence in him, I'm hesitant to do so myself, especially with no preseason this year.

Dam8610 12-28-2020 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 180919)
It's been two years now since Luck quit. Time to find a real solution. No more bridge qb's. Figure this shit out!

It's not really a possibility, but wouldn't it be great if Luck came back? This team would be favored to win the Super Bowl for the next 5 years with him at QB.

Chaka 12-28-2020 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 180968)
Stafford would be a sturdier bridge. I think Ballard needs to take a chance and move up for a QB in this draft. I think Kyle Trask or Mac Jones would be worthwhile, especially if they can trade up to the end of Round 1 to get one of them after getting their LT of the future. I like Eason, but unless the team starts showing confidence in him, I'm hesitant to do so myself, especially with no preseason this year.

The Colts are not starting a rookie QB next season, and I really doubt Stafford will be available as he's midway through a large contract extension, so there are serious financial complications aside from the fact that he's Detroit's best player and probably its most popular player as well. Furthermore, his stats are pretty similar to Rivers' stats (I know, different personnel...)

The fact is that Rivers is, by most measures, an above-average QB, and this team can win with an above-average QB.

Dam8610 12-28-2020 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka (Post 180970)
The Colts are not starting a rookie QB next season, and I really doubt Stafford will be available as he's midway through a large contract extension, so there are serious financial complications aside from the fact that he's Detroit's best player and probably its most popular player as well. Furthermore, his stats are pretty similar to Rivers' stats (I know, different personnel...)

The fact is that Rivers is, by most measures, an above-average QB, and this team can win with an above-average QB.

Rivers is a 39 year old above average QB. Those tend to age like milk, with few exceptions. Stafford is 32, and the Lions are rebuilding again. Popular or not, the writing is on the wall in Detroit that he likely won't be back. I'd like to see what he could do behind an OL that can block with a run game that can take pressure off of him and a defense that can keep him in ballgames. It seems to have rejuvenated Rivers, perhaps it could do the same for Stafford.

Maniac 12-28-2020 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 180972)
Rivers is a 39 year old above average QB. Those tend to age like milk, with few exceptions. Stafford is 32, and the Lions are rebuilding again. Popular or not, the writing is on the wall in Detroit that he likely won't be back. I'd like to see what he could do behind an OL that can block with a run game that can take pressure off of him and a defense that can keep him in ballgames. It seems to have rejuvenated Rivers, perhaps it could do the same for Stafford.

I think everyone would prefer to have Stafford instead of Rivers.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.