ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2024 NFL Draft thread - Day 2 discussion - Rounds 2 and 3 (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180336)

Dewey 5 04-26-2024 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 296721)
Who's going to babysit him?

Reggie hopefully.

TheMugwump 04-26-2024 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 296721)
Who's going to babysit him?

A combination of MPJr. and Reggie Wayne.

Dam8610 04-26-2024 08:43 PM

Holy shit this haul is unreal. 2 1st round talents thus far.

nate505 04-26-2024 08:49 PM

What an absolute home run pick for being past 50.

I always roll my eyes at Trade Down Ballard, but hats off to him for getting additional picks and getting a first round talent on top of it.

Chromeburn 04-26-2024 08:49 PM

So what I really like about AD Mitchell is his routes. He is super smooth in his cuts and doesn't seem to slow down when making cuts. PFF guys had him as WR 4-6. Pretty good value. If you ask Texas fans, they will tell you AD was the receiver with the greater potential.

So I'm diabetic and have a pump, he's probably type 1 like me. Type 1 you get it from something else, type 2 are ppl that are overweight. If you input all the information before you eat it will help you manage. But when you work out your sugar goes down. Well when you run, when I lift weights my sugar actually goes up. You would have to be more on top of it during games. If he crashes (goes down) during a game it could take him out anywhere from a possession to even a quarter. But it's different for everyone.

nate505 04-26-2024 08:58 PM

Now go get a DB with that 3rd pick and call it a day.

YDFL Commish 04-26-2024 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 296729)
So what I really like about AD Mitchell is his routes. He is super smooth in his cuts and doesn't seem to slow down when making cuts. PFF guys had him as WR 4-6. Pretty good value. If you ask Texas fans, they will tell you AD was the receiver with the greater potential.

So I'm diabetic and have a pump, he's probably type 1 like me. Type 1 you get it from something else, type 2 are ppl that are overweight. If you input all the information before you eat it will help you manage. But when you work out your sugar goes down. Well when you run, when I lift weights my sugar actually goes up. You would have to be more on top of it during games. If he crashes (goes down) during a game it could take him out anywhere from a possession to even a quarter. But it's different for everyone.

Great info. But the kid doesn't always keep up with his condition. How can that be controlled?

ChaosTheory 04-26-2024 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 296729)
he's probably type 1 like me.

Does that mean you run 4.34, too?

Really, though, good insight.

Hoopsdoc 04-26-2024 09:13 PM

Now this is the quintessential Ballard pick.

Chromeburn 04-26-2024 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 296731)
Great info. But the kid doesn't always keep up with his condition. How can that be controlled?

If your sugar is high you are angry and irritable. If he isn't managing it, which is what they were saying, then it would affect his interviews. Hopefully dropping in the draft sent him a wakeup call, when you're young you think you're invincible and think you can eat anything. Someone will have to sit him down and get it through to him that it's serious. If he manages it, I think he will be fine. You can even drink a little if you're good. If he is surrounded by a good locker room that should help. But they will need to be a little patient with him. But it can be done. Mark Andrews for Balt is a type 1

Chromeburn 04-26-2024 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 296732)
Does that mean you run 4.34, too?

Really, though, good insight.

Not even when I played. I'm slow as shit.

Butter 04-26-2024 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 296690)
LOL they traded up for a running back

I member a trade up for a 2n rnd RB that worked out pretty well for another team 5 years ago.

Chromeburn 04-26-2024 10:15 PM

Colts trade up? For a corner?

ChaosTheory 04-26-2024 10:16 PM

They like someone.

ChaosTheory 04-26-2024 10:18 PM

How did we get #86 from Houston?

nate505 04-26-2024 10:18 PM

Tackle. Interesting. Wanted to see a DB, but on the other hand OL depth isn't bad.

Racehorse 04-26-2024 10:18 PM

Never heard of him

nate505 04-26-2024 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 296747)
How did we get #86 from Houston?

It was from Arizona I think.

Thorgrim 04-26-2024 10:20 PM

What did we trade to move up and not take a corner?

Butter 04-26-2024 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 296748)
Tackle. Interesting. Wanted to see a DB, but on the other hand OL depth isn't bad.

I don't hate it, Smith is not getting younger and OL depth is crucial.

Chromeburn 04-26-2024 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 296749)
Never heard of him

Tackle moving to guard maybe. He's a mauler. Likes to run block. He's a 7.7 RAS shocker he's not a 9

We still have 86 too.

ChaosTheory 04-26-2024 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 296750)
It was from Arizona I think.

We got #79 from ARZ for the OT.

NFL.com shows that #86 got traded from PHI > HOU > IND.

I guess it's wrong?

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 04-26-2024 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorgrim (Post 296751)
What did we trade to move up and not take a corner?


Colts trade:

Pick 82
Pick 191 (6th Round)

Cardinals trade:

Pick 79

Thorgrim 04-26-2024 10:39 PM

T.J. Tampa would be worthy of trading up for. Don't think he or Cam Hart will still be there in the 4th. Don't want Draine. Brownlee and Richardson are the only other cb's that I'd draft.

Chromeburn 04-26-2024 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorgrim (Post 296761)
T.J. Tampa would be worthy of trading up for. Don't think he or Cam Hart will still be there in the 4th. Don't want Draine. Brownlee and Richardson are the only other cb's that I'd draft.

Cam Hart, Khyree Jackson, Elijah Jones or Decamerion Richardson

Thorgrim 04-26-2024 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 296762)
Cam Hart, Khyree Jackson, Elijah Jones or Decamerion Richardson

Forgot about Jackson. He'd be a nice pick as well. Still very disappointed we haven't addressed what I believe was our biggest need entering the draft.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 04-26-2024 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 296754)
Tackle moving to guard maybe. He's a mauler. Likes to run block. He's a 7.7 RAS shocker he's not a 9

We still have 86 too.


Colts probably got their scouting report on him from Charlie Partridge.

Thorgrim 04-26-2024 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 296762)
Cam Hart, Khyree Jackson, Elijah Jones or Decamerion Richardson

So much for Jones lol

Chromeburn 04-26-2024 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorgrim (Post 296765)
So much for Jones lol

Damn easy come easy go

Chromeburn 04-26-2024 11:24 PM

If anyone wants to draft the later rounds PFN filled in the first three rounds for you and gives you the pool of prospects left.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft

ChaosTheory 04-26-2024 11:25 PM

Ballard got pissed about AD. Dropping F bombs at the presser.

Chromeburn 04-26-2024 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 296770)
Ballard got pissed about AD. Dropping F bombs at the presser.

Yeah I heard that. Said some of the bad reports were BS and that someone should put their name behind it.

Dam8610 04-26-2024 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 296770)
Ballard got pissed about AD. Dropping F bombs at the presser.

Do you have a link? I can't find it anywhere.

ChaosTheory 04-27-2024 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 296776)
Do you have a link? I can't find it anywhere.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/s...54787404902675

See if that works.


**Found a YouTube link in case you can't see Twitter. 2:10 is the rant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtoLejnZ8lM

Dewey 5 04-27-2024 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 296776)
Do you have a link? I can't find it anywhere.

https://twitter.com/mchappell51/stat...57371699847606

IndyNorm 04-27-2024 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 296754)
Tackle moving to guard maybe. He's a mauler. Likes to run block. He's a 7.7 RAS shocker he's not a 9

We still have 86 too.

Guessing his RAS score is from his pro day where he was still recovering from his toe surgery. He said he was 85-90%.

Still kind of surprised we picked him there, especially trading up. Guess Ballard must really like him and thought either the Bungles or Seahawks would take him.

ukcolt 04-27-2024 09:15 AM

If he is viewed as a guard then i believe that his RAS score was much higher.

Dam8610 04-27-2024 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukcolt (Post 296788)
If he is viewed as a guard then i believe that his RAS score was much higher.

Ballard mentioned potential 5 position versatility, but they do seem to view him as a guard.

CletusPyle 04-27-2024 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 296770)
Ballard got pissed about AD. Dropping F bombs at the presser.

I'm no Ballard fan, but I like seeing him take these gossip whores to task! Stand up for your player, I like the way our team is shaping up, I think we are a contender!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.