ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Has Kenny Moore Played His Last Game as a Colt? (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144502)

Lov2fish 06-04-2022 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 232139)
this is a fucking absurd take. and i don't believe you or anyone that says that either.


the teams don't honor the contract if it doesn't favor them.

You don't have to believe me for it to be true dipshit.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 06-06-2022 09:26 AM

Kenny is taking the team physical today per Rapoport:


https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1533797059333132290

Quote:

Colts Pro Bowl CB Kenny Moore II, who has not been attending OTAs and wants a new contract in line with his play, is in the building today for his physical prior to mandatory minicamp this week, sources say

ChaosTheory 06-06-2022 09:27 AM

Moore is getting his team physical done. Looks like he'll show up to mini camp. Hopefully that's the end of it

Oldcolt 06-06-2022 05:08 PM

If he has a good year make the man happy and extend him after the year

apballin 06-06-2022 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 232211)
If he has a good year make the man happy and extend him after the year

If the year ends with a Superbowl ring then yea maybe

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 06-07-2022 12:33 PM

9 pages later:

Kenny is in attendance at the first session of this week's 3-day minicamp and is practicing today.


https://twitter.com/JoelAErickson/st...08606157123584

Quote:

Kenny Moore is out here and participating

rm1369 06-07-2022 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 232218)
If the year ends with a Superbowl ring then yea maybe

So that’s the only way he’d earn a contract extension, not by his play? I guess it’s in line with your belief that Wayne and Mathis weren’t selfish because they were Champions. In what is considered the ultimate team game I find it very strange logic.

Colts And Orioles 06-07-2022 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 232255)



So that’s the only way he’d earn a contract extension, not by his play ??? I guess it’s in line with your belief that Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis weren’t selfish because they were Champions. In what is considered the ultimate team game, I find it very strange logic.



o


1) l Terry Bradshaw won 4 Super Bowls as a starting quarterback, and he was the MVP for 2 of them.

Dan Marino made it to one Super Bowl in his storied 17-year NFL career, and his team got blown off of the field.

I would not necessarily consider Terry Bradshaw to have been a better quarterback than Dan Marino, any more than I would necessarily consider Joe Torre to have been a better manager than Billy Martin.


2) l Prior to winning 2 Super Bowls at the very end of his career, many considered John Elway to have been a "loser" because his teams lost 3 Super Bowls that were not close ...... many of those same critics would later consider that same John Elway to be "gritty, gutsy, and the ultimate competitor" after his teams won those 2 Super Bowls when Elway was in his late 30's.

o

apballin 06-07-2022 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 232255)
So that’s the only way he’d earn a contract extension, not by his play? I guess it’s in line with your belief that Wayne and Mathis weren’t selfish because they were Champions. In what is considered the ultimate team game I find it very strange logic.

Notice Aaron Donald didn’t have a problem getting paid, Tyreek Hill got traded and paid

2 things get you paid and give you leverage…. Being the best at your position or having a superbowl on your resume

rm1369 06-07-2022 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 232296)
Notice Aaron Donald didn’t have a problem getting paid, Tyreek Hill got traded and paid

2 things get you paid and give you leverage…. Being the best at your position or having a superbowl on your resume

Guess it didn’t work for Wayne and Mathis, otherwise they wouldn’t have felt the need to sit out mandatory minicamp.

It is also possible to be underpaid and not be the best at your position or have won a SB. That you believe a previous SB win greatly increases a players value and leverage (over what their play dictates) makes me very thankful you aren’t making contract decisions for the team.

apballin 06-07-2022 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 232302)
Guess it didn’t work for Wayne and Mathis, otherwise they wouldn’t have felt the need to sit out mandatory minicamp.

It is also possible to be underpaid and not be the best at your position or have won a SB. That you believe a previous SB win greatly increases a players value and leverage (over what their play dictates) makes me very thankful you aren’t making contract decisions for the team.

Kenny Moore is in no position to ask for more money if you believe he deserves more I’m grateful you’re not making any decisions or this team would be the Browns

rm1369 06-07-2022 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 232307)
Kenny Moore is in no position to ask for more money if you believe he deserves more I’m grateful you’re not making any decisions or this team would be the Browns

I haven’t said they should give him more. I think he’s slightly underpaid, but not egregiously so. I just pointed out the only thing he had done was miss voluntary workouts when people complained about him not honoring his contract. I defended him for pushing and advocating for himself when others took a “shut up and play attitude.” But ultimately it is a business - for both sides. As I said, I also expect the team to do what’s in their best interest and that’s probably trade him next off season. I just think his value is more determined by his play than by the overall team accomplishments. If he has an excellent year yet Matt Ryan gets hurt and the team sucks in your world Kenny is less valuable. I simply disagree.

apballin 06-08-2022 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 232310)
I haven’t said they should give him more. I think he’s slightly underpaid, but not egregiously so. I just pointed out the only thing he had done was miss voluntary workouts when people complained about him not honoring his contract. I defended him for pushing and advocating for himself when others took a “shut up and play attitude.” But ultimately it is a business - for both sides. As I said, I also expect the team to do what’s in their best interest and that’s probably trade him next off season. I just think his value is more determined by his play than by the overall team accomplishments. If he has an excellent year yet Matt Ryan gets hurt and the team sucks in your world Kenny is less valuable. I simply disagree.

Look he’s a good player I’m not debating that, I just feel like he totally botched this little contract situation. Doing this puts a bullseye on you as a player and when we needed him the most the last few games he didn’t do anything. Great players make plays in those games, Colts got him more help adding Ngakwe and Gilmore and he gets mad a better player came in the door making more. If Kenny can’t consistently shutout number 1 WRs, create turnovers, and step up in crucial situations with every thing in the line then he’s not valuable as he thinks he is. Win DPOY, win some playoff games, then we’ll talk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.