ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Done Deal: Colts Trade for Wentz (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118415)

Dam8610 02-20-2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 187365)
Well it’s nice that we don’t have to choose, we apparently have both

I was comparing Wentz and Darnold, there. Wentz is obviously the guy they think they can fix. Darnold would've been more of a wild card.

Spike 02-20-2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 187373)
Wentz said he’s keeping #11, gotta get another Pittman jersey next year

Just a question, because I don't know.

How can Wentz say he is keeping #11, when it's not available? Did Pittman say it's ok?

Colts And Orioles 02-20-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 187390)



Just a question, because I don't know.

How can Wentz say he is keeping #11, when it's not available ??? Did Pittman say it's OK ???




o

I hope so ...... I would hate for one of the first things that Wentz did when he came here would have been that he asserted that he was getting another player's number without having asked him about it first. That WOULD NOT be a great start for him in his tenure as the Colts' starting quarterback.

o

apballin 02-20-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 187390)
Just a question, because I don't know.

How can Wentz say he is keeping #11, when it's not available? Did Pittman say it's ok?

I’m sure Pittman will get paid for it

Colts And Orioles 02-20-2021 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 187390)



Just a question, because I don't know.

How can Wentz say he is keeping #11, when it's not available ??? Did Pittman say it's OK ???





Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 187391)
o

I hope so ...... I would hate for one of the first things that Wentz did when he came here would have been that he asserted that he was getting another player's number without having asked him about it first. That WOULD NOT be a great start for him in his tenure as the Colts' starting quarterback.

o

o

They talked to each other about it ...... here is how the conversation went.


*********************************

However, Pittman was on Twitch last night and said that he's keeping No. 11.

"Wentz asked me how locked in I am on No. 11," Pittman said, referencing a conversation with his new quarterback. "I told him that I'm pretty locked in. He said, 'Alright, that's fine. I'm going to change anyway.'"

"I'm staying No. 11."

*********************************



What Number will Carson Wentz Wear for the Colts?

(By Nat Newell)

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ts/4504767001/

o

Dewey 5 02-20-2021 05:28 PM

I think the biggest element of fixing Wentz already happened by getting him the hell out Philly.


This video is pretty good.

https://sports.yahoo.com/doug-peders...211101919.html

Chromeburn 02-20-2021 08:12 PM

Was just going over the trade in general on twitter and holy shit is that fanbase toxic. This board is like a Sunday Bible study group in comparison.

JAFF 02-20-2021 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 187400)
Was just going over the trade in general on twitter and holy shit is that fanbase toxic. This board is like a Sunday Bible study group in comparison.

Philly fans are the worst. They treated Mike Schmidt like shit for god knows why. They have rowing competitions on the Schuylkill River, and would boo if the racing sculls didnt go over waterfall near the finish line. I was in that area for 5 years, it was 6 years too long

rcubed 02-20-2021 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 187400)
Was just going over the trade in general on twitter and holy shit is that fanbase toxic. This board is like a Sunday Bible study group in comparison.


What are they complaining about? Wentz in general? Getting a bad deal? Both?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAFF 02-20-2021 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 187402)
What are they complaining about? Wentz in general? Getting a bad deal? Both?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philly fans are a holes. They booed Flyers wives during a between periods fashion show at a home hockey game. They had a game day courtroom for dumbfuk eagle fans who would get arrested during the game, being, well...themselves. You want to insult some one, call them eagle fans. Its the same a c**cksucker anywhere else in Pennslyvania

rcubed 02-20-2021 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 187403)
Philly fans are a holes. They booed Flyers wives during a between periods fashion show at a home hockey game. They had a game day courtroom for dumbfuk eagle fans who would get arrested during the game, being, well...themselves. You want to insult some one, call them eagle fans. Its the same a c**cksucker anywhere else in Pennslyvania


Didnt they boo santa at an eagles game?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colts And Orioles 02-20-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 187403)



Philly fans are assholes.

They booed Flyers wives during a between periods fashion show at a home hockey game. They had a game-day courtroom for dumb-fuck Eagle fans who would get arrested during the game, being, well ..... themselves. You want to insult some one, call them Eagle fans. It's the same a "cocksucker" anywhere else in Pennsylvania.




Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 187404)



Didn't they boo Santa Claus at an Eagles game?




o


Yes ...... in 1968, they pelted him with ice balls and booed him. He was a 19 year-old kid named Frank Olivo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7C5Y4vH6h4




Olivo died in 2015, at the age of 66.


Frank Olivo, Santa Pelted with Snow at 1968 Eagles Game, Dies


(Associated Press)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...gles-game-dies

o

Colts And Orioles 02-20-2021 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 187405)
o


Yes ...... in 1968, they pelted him with ice balls and booed him. He was a 19 year-old kid named Frank Olivo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7C5Y4vH6h4




Olivo died in 2015, at the age of 66.


Frank Olivo, Santa Pelted with Snow at 1968 Eagles Game, Dies


(Associated Press)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...gles-game-dies

o

o


41 years later in 2009, these two 49ers fans had to be escorted from the stadium for their safety ...... and the barrage continued, even after the security guards showed up to protect them.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvXNjfXbUaQ


Over the span of 4 decades, they evolved from pelting a last-minute Santa Claus replacement to lambasting opposing fans and security guards.

o

apballin 02-20-2021 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 187393)
o

They talked to each other about it ...... here is how the conversation went.


*********************************

However, Pittman was on Twitch last night and said that he's keeping No. 11.

"Wentz asked me how locked in I am on No. 11," Pittman said, referencing a conversation with his new quarterback. "I told him that I'm pretty locked in. He said, 'Alright, that's fine. I'm going to change anyway.'"

"I'm staying No. 11."

*********************************



What Number will Carson Wentz Wear for the Colts?

(By Nat Newell)

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ts/4504767001/

o

Glad to hear that, I vote for the old captain comeback #4 for Wentz

JAFF 02-20-2021 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 187404)
Didnt they boo santa at an eagles game?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the easter bunny.

There were some who booed Karl Walnda, he walked across the Vet btween games of a double header. Why? He didnt fall to his death.

Philly = fucktard central

Chromeburn 02-20-2021 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 187402)
What are they complaining about? Wentz in general? Getting a bad deal? Both?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just... everything lol. I don’t want a fake “goodbye Philly and thanks” from Wentz. He didn’t work hard enough. Didn’t practice enough. He’s socially awkward. Oh look he’s wearing camo, he belongs in Indiana. Oh look he’s not wearing a mask fuck him (even though he was wearing a mask like ten seconds earlier). Just a stream of toxicity.

Oldcolt 02-21-2021 01:23 AM

Lots of talking shit about what a bad apple Wentz is coming out of Philadelphia. On the other hand, Wentz has kept his mouth shut. I appreciate that. People who bitch and blame others when things go wrong are rarely the quality folks. I believe the odds are pretty good Ballard gets what he wants out of Wentz, a top ten QB.

Hoopsdoc 02-21-2021 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 187412)
Lots of talking shit about what a bad apple Wentz is coming out of Philadelphia. On the other hand, Wentz has kept his mouth shut. I appreciate that. People who bitch and blame others when things go wrong are rarely the quality folks. I believe the odds are pretty good Ballard gets what he wants out of Wentz, a top ten QB.

I happen to believe that Ballard and Reich have a pretty good picture of what transpired in Philly or they don’t make this deal. There’s no way Ballard is giving up draft picks for a long shot.

njcoltfan 02-21-2021 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 187412)
Lots of talking shit about what a bad apple Wentz is coming out of Philadelphia. On the other hand, Wentz has kept his mouth shut. I appreciate that. People who bitch and blame others when things go wrong are rarely the quality folks. I believe the odds are pretty good Ballard gets what he wants out of Wentz, a top ten QB.

You know what bothers me, I haven't read any articles, or quotes from his now former teammates wishing him luck in Indy, some fans have, but for the life of me I cant find any Eagles that have.

albany ed 02-21-2021 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 187405)
o


Yes ...... in 1968, they pelted him with ice balls and booed him. He was a 19 year-old kid named Frank Olivo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7C5Y4vH6h4




Olivo died in 2015, at the age of 66.


Frank Olivo, Santa Pelted with Snow at 1968 Eagles Game, Dies


(Associated Press)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...gles-game-dies

o

Many, many incidents of bad behavior by Philadelphia fans, but this one is the topper.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 02-21-2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 187415)
You know what bothers me, I haven't read any articles, or quotes from his now former teammates wishing him luck in Indy, some fans have, but for the life of me I cant find any Eagles that have.


There are several Eagles players that have commented on the trade and wished him well in Indy.

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2021/02/ea...ianapolis.html

Quote:

On Thursday, RT Lane Johnson told 6ABC’s Jeff Skversky that he thinks Wentz will do well when he reunites with Colts head coach Frank Reich. Reich was the Eagles offensive coordinator for two seasons, including the 2017 season that saw Wentz throw for 3,296 yards, 33 touchdowns, and seven interceptions before tearing his ACL.

“Man I’m happy for him,” Johnson told Skversky. “He and Frank are really close, and they have good chemistry.”
Quote:

CB Darius Slay also wished Wentz the best after the trade:

Wish u the best big time @cj_wentz appreciate ya! Enjoy our battles in practice

Oldcolt 02-21-2021 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 187415)
You know what bothers me, I haven't read any articles, or quotes from his now former teammates wishing him luck in Indy, some fans have, but for the life of me I cant find any Eagles that have.

I have seen a few well wishes on twitter from previous guys on the team. When you go from a championship to what they were last year so much dysfunction is present it is hard to gauge what is happening inside. Pederson was horrific. How can you go 8-10 weeks not speaking to your QB. Wentz has some blame here but I find it impossible to have a situation like that with any decent coach. Could you imagine Lombardi accepting that a player wasn't talking to him and letting that happen? If I judge by what I personally have seen the guy is carrying himself very well. He seems to be a family man, goes to church (I know) and I cannot find any shit about him (drugs, infidelity, stupid liquored up actions etc.) Like others have said, Ballard and Reich have earned my trust. This is going to work out well.

Chaka 02-21-2021 11:34 AM

Article: Torrey Smith explains why Carson Wentz needed a ‘fresh start’

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...ed-fresh-start

Basically seems to be placing the blame on the Eagles for souring their relationship with Wentz by drafting Hurts

Quote:

“You can’t tell me there’s a franchise quarterback in this league that’s getting paid top-5, top-10 salary that is being told that they have to compete for their job,” Smith said. “And that’s what was built simply by the way things were handled at the end of the year. There was some frustration there. I haven’t heard that directly from Carson, but I’m just speaking from a player’s perspective. I know it’s a tough situation to deal with.

“Anyone could come back and compete but why? You can pull me again if I struggle. If I have a bad game, I’m looking over my shoulder. You want to go somewhere where you can have a fresh start and honestly, it’s the best move for this organization right now because if there is tension, that’s not what’s best for the Eagles going forward.”

Oldcolt 02-21-2021 12:54 PM

I would be pissed that they didn’t get me help with that second rounder if I was Wentz

apballin 02-21-2021 01:23 PM

https://www.facebook.com/ESPN/videos...9062731133682/

Cool video

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 02-22-2021 10:13 AM

In his latest column, Al Breer of Sports Illustrated wrote about the Wentz trade. I excerpted a few parts of the article - the link to the full article is below:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/02/22/mm...fice-tim-tebow

How the trade went down:

Quote:

Soon after the season ended, Roseman and Wentz’s agent, Ryan Tollner, got on a call. Tollner and Wentz had debriefed, and Tollner passed along his own feelings on the situation, that he wasn’t sure Wentz would be at his best, for a multitude of reasons, in Philly anymore—and that the time might be right for the Eagles to get value for Wentz in a trade and Wentz to get a fresh start elsewhere.

Roseman responded that he wasn’t sure if he was open to it yet. But he gave Tollner the authority to feel out potential suitors. Tollner’s first call was the easiest one to make. Based on Wentz’s relationship with Colts head coach Frank Reich, forged by their two years together in Philly, the agent didn’t hesitate to reach out to Indy before anyone else.
Quote:

The Eagles’ initial ask for the type of return Matthew Stafford brought the Lions drove some teams away, but also helped crystallize the field. Wentz’s camp knew the Colts were interested and believed the Bears would be making a serious run. Meanwhile, DeFilippo, now the Bears’ pass-game coordinator, who had been charged with working with Wentz on mechanics in Philly, communicated to the Chicago brass that he believed Wentz was fixable, and gave the team his institutional knowledge on the player and person.

The result: After monitoring the situation for a period of weeks, a combination of factors kept the Bears from making it to the stage where they put an offer in front of Roseman.
Quote:

That left the Eagles and the Colts in something of a stalemate, where Indy had made clear how far it would go. The trust between the two sides—the Eagles obviously know Reich well, and Colts GM Chris Ballard and Roseman have a strong relationship—kept that stalemate from ever becoming contentious. Still, more than two weeks had passed since the Stafford trade, and plenty of back-and-forth had happened. That led Ballard to tell the Eagles early last week that he wasn’t willing to wait forever. His offer had an expiration date.
Quote:

And thus, the trade got done.

For the Colts, the comp for the return was the 2013 Alex Smith trade. The Chiefs got him from San Francisco for two second-rounders that March, a couple months before then new Kansas City GM John Dorsey brought Ballard aboard as his top lieutenant. Smith, like Wentz, was 28 when he was traded and fresh off of being benched.

Coaching dynamics in the Philly locker room:

Quote:

When Wentz was at his best, he had a good cop (Pederson), medium cop (Reich) and bad cop (ex-QBs coach John DeFilippo) working with him. After Reich left for Indy and DeFilippo for Minnesota post-Super Bowl, the Eagles promoted Mike Groh to OC, and Groh assumed the bad cop role. He and Wentz clashed and Groh was fired as a result, while Press Taylor, who Wentz was close with, ascended. As a result, perception in the building grew that the Eagles were coddling him, and that Wentz couldn’t handle hard coaching.

rcubed 02-22-2021 12:23 PM

No big surprises there. Eagles tested market with high asking price. Most teams passed. Ballard set a price and stuck to it. While no GM is perfect, Ballard does a lot more right than wrong.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldcolt 02-23-2021 12:41 PM

I’m most definitely a homer so....I’m as excited about seeing next year as I have been in years. Wentz has more physical talent than any QB we have ever had other than Luck. He is way smart enough. Reich loves the guy and he seems to love Reich. This is as talented a QB as we could possibly have hoped to get, especially with as solid a team as we have. I have zero worries that Reich can help fix his confidence. His mechanics will improve but will probably be an issue occasionally We will be legitimate contenders for years to come. Only issue is I’m totally primed for a big letdown if this doesn’t work out. Wouldn’t be the first time but I’m betting on this being a ton of fun.

Colts And Orioles 02-23-2021 01:42 PM

o


Mike Tannenbaum lwas the New York Jets' GM from 2006 through 2012, and was the Miami Dolphins' Executive Vice President of Football Operations from 2015 through 2018. He was fired from his position with the Jets at the end of the 2012 season, even though he still had 2 years left on his contract. He was relieved of his duties in his position with the Dolphins at the end of the 2018 season, and reassigned with an undefined role within the organization.

He claims that Carson Wentz will be "the worst quarterback in the AFC South division" ...... but considering that the other 3 quarterbacks within the division are DeShaun Watson, Ryan Tannehill, and (presumably) Trevor Lawrence, that would not necessarily wind up being a disastrous outcome for Wentz and the Colts in 2021 and beyond, even if the claim did come to fruition.



Former NFL GM Blasts Carson Wentz Trade, and Makes Bold Claim

(By Jerry Trotta)

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2021/02/...iticism-video/

o

Oldcolt 02-23-2021 01:56 PM

Everybody has an opinion. If this guy was any good at evaluating players he wouldn’t be a prognosticator, he would have Ballards job. I’m all in with the Ballard/Reich team. Wentz will be as good as any of these QBs and we will have the best offense in the division. It will be a wonderful thing to watch unfold.

Racehorse 02-23-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 187532)
o


Mike Tannenbaum lwas the New York Jets' GM from 2006 through 2012, and was the Miami Dolphins' Executive Vice President of Football Operations from 2015 through 2018. He was fired from his position with the Jets at the end of the 2012 season, even though he still had 2 years left on his contract. He was relieved of his duties in his position with the Dolphins at the end of the 2018 season, and reassigned with an undefined role within the organization.

He claims that Carson Wentz will be "the worst quarterback in the AFC South division" ...... but considering that the other 3 quarterbacks within the division are DeShaun Watson, Ryan Tannehill, and (presumably) Trevor Lawrence, that would not necessarily wind up being a disastrous outcome for Wentz and the Colts in 2021 and beyond, even if the claim did come to fruition.



Former NFL GM Blasts Carson Wentz Trade, and Makes Bold Claim

(By Jerry Trotta)

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2021/02/...iticism-video/

o

This clown was fired by two organizations because they sucked. If that does not convince you that he is incompetent, consider that he also said Wentz would be the worst QB in the division, but somehow better than Luck.

I think his opinion gives me more hope than I had before.

Hoopsdoc 03-11-2021 04:13 PM

According to the one percent better colts podcast, Pittman, Eason, Okereke, and some others are in California throwing and working out and Wentz will join them as soon as he officially joins the team. That’s encouraging.

Holder and Keefer seem to think more of Wentz the more they find out about him.

Brylok 03-16-2021 01:38 PM

Have they said anything about when the official announcement of Wentz will take place? Will there be a press conference? I doubt Wentz will attend as he's still in California throwing the ball with his new teammates, but I thought I'd heard something about a Ballard presser.

Dam8610 03-16-2021 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 188823)
Have they said anything about when the official announcement of Wentz will take place? Will there be a press conference? I doubt Wentz will attend as he's still in California throwing the ball with his new teammates, but I thought I'd heard something about a Ballard presser.

It happens tomorrow.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 03-16-2021 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 188823)
Have they said anything about when the official announcement of Wentz will take place? Will there be a press conference?


The Wentz trade is not official until the start of the 2021 NFL league year.

The 2021 NFL league year begins at 4 pm ET on March 17th (tomorrow).

I would expect there to be a press conference at some point but not until the trade is officially processed.

Spike 03-17-2021 11:41 AM

https://twitter.com/esidery/status/1...-pittman-jr%2F

Wentz working out in California with his wide receivers.

Oldcolt 03-19-2021 08:13 PM

Wentz restructured his bonus to free up some cap space this year. Good for him and does this mean Ballard has plans? Why would he want more cap space this year?

Ironshaft 03-19-2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 189327)
Wentz restructured his bonus to free up some cap space this year. Good for him and does this mean Ballard has plans? Why would he want more cap space this year?

Because there is still a ton of free agents to sign. Ballard has a plan and knows he has holes to fill. He will get it done.

Oldcolt 03-19-2021 11:55 PM

Exactly. Still worried about our rush though.

smitty46953 03-19-2021 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 189327)
Wentz restructured his bonus to free up some cap space this year. Good for him and does this mean Ballard has plans? Why would he want more cap space this year?

Jimmy wants a new guitar? :cool:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.