ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Wild card in Anthony Richardson decision (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211456)

Colts And Orioles 04-30-2026 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kray007 (Post 347284)



As far as Leonard is concerned, I’d have real doubts about putting a lot of eggs into that basket. The fact that he played well against a Houston team with no stake in winning doesn’t make me want to hop on that particular bandwagon.




o


The Texans were trying to win, and had all of their starters playing in the first half of that game, and Riley played very well in that half.

The Texans pulled their starters in the 2nd half of that game after it became clear that the Jaguars were going to hammer the Titans to clinch the division title.


I agree that I would not necessarily put a of eggs in the proverbial Riley Leoanrd basket based on one solid game against a team that pulled some of their starters in the 2nd half ...... I think that there is about a 40 to 50% chance that Leonard could actually be the quarterback that we saw in that game.

o

Oldcolt 04-30-2026 10:03 AM

Kray, for those of us who want Ballard gone screwing the 4th pick in the draft (after putting a team on the field that earned the 4th pick) is not THE reason we want him gone, it is just one more reason. Years of mediocrity is what most of us are sick of. This year looks like it is going to be even more of that, if not worse.

Kray007 04-30-2026 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 347293)
o


The Texans were trying to win, and had all of their starters playing in the first half of that game, and Riley played very well in that half.

The Texans pulled their starters in the 2nd half of that game after it became clear that the Jaguars were going to hammer the Titans to clinch the division title.


I agree that I would not necessarily put a of eggs in the proverbial Riley Leoanrd basket based on one solid game against a team that pulled some of their starters in the 2nd half ...... I think that there is about a 40 to 50% chance that Leonard could actually be the quarterback that we saw in that game.

o

Kamari Lassiter, the Corner who should have been playing Pierce, was held out of the game.

With a lead of 20-10, the Texans began yanking starters midway through the 2nd Quarter. Until that point, the Colts had scored 7 points on a busted coverage and another 3 on a drive punctuated by a 17 yard Rigoberto Sanchez pass on 4th down and a Riley Leonard scramble for 11. Before the Texans pulled their starters, aside from the busted play, Leonard had thrown for 13 yards.

Kray007 04-30-2026 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Session (Post 347286)
Is Leonard the #2 if Richardson doesn't almost go blind last year? I don't remember it like that. I remember there being a "close" position battle last year. The organization told us that Richardson had improved tremendously, Shane Steichen had told us that Richardson had improved tremendously, and that Jones was just a bit better in his professionalism so they believed he gave us the better chance to win.

I do not remember Leonard being a part of that conversation.

Even if Leonard is the #2, fine. I'd get all the value I possibly could out of Richardson. He'd be my Taysom Hill. I'd run his God damn wheels off.

I don't give a shit about what any player on this team wants. They haven't won a damn thing. That extends to Kenny Moore too. I respect him but IDGAF, we've paid a bunch of guys and they've won nothing.

If Leonard had been the number 2, if they had had even an iota of faith in him, they never would have enticed Phillip Rivers out of retirement.

Kray007 04-30-2026 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 347289)
My hunch he is not. I think they initiated a plan to move him so they wanted to try to prop up the value as much as possible (the eye issue kinda fucked that all up...). So it was a lot of words without a lot of authenticity. I think Steichen despises what AR represents as a QB and the tap out was his final straw.

To me, and I could be wrong, there’s a fundamental flaw in thinking that Steichen despises Richardson. He went into the season with Richardson firmly entrenched as #2 on the depth chart. He never brought in a veteran for insurance, preferring to keep Richardson, warts and all.

Kray007 04-30-2026 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 347295)
Kray, for those of us who want Ballard gone screwing the 4th pick in the draft (after putting a team on the field that earned the 4th pick) is not THE reason we want him gone, it is just one more reason. Years of mediocrity is what most of us are sick of. This year looks like it is going to be even more of that, if not worse.

I look at the start of last season and ask what more would Ballard critics ask for?

They played the last half of the season without their best 3 players on D. Plus, plan A and Plan B at Quarterback went down. The closest parallel I can think of is last year’s Chiefs, who managed to score 30’odd points in 3 games after Mahomes and the backup went down.

As far as this coming season goes, barring injury to Jones and reasonable health all around, I see an 11 or 12 win team.

YDFL Commish 04-30-2026 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 347291)
Yeah, I agree the tap out was the end of the line for Steichen. Everything changed after that and he was just itching to replace AR. Looking back, it should have been obvious going into the season last year who Steichen would choose to start.

I’m kind of torn on what to do with AR though. He’s obviously not going to fetch anything in a trade or it would have happened during the draft. There’s always a chance a team gets desperate in preseason because of injuries but that seems unlikely.

If they can’t get anything of value for him in a trade and he’s not just an absolute cancer in the locker room, they may as well keep him.

I don't feel as if the tap out was truly the breaking point. It was more like(paraphrasing) "is this guy ever going to get it"?

I feel like the real breaking point was the missed blitz pickup in the preseason game, and the it became "nope, I'm done"

Dam8610 04-30-2026 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kray007 (Post 347328)
If Leonard had been the number 2, if they had had even an iota of faith in him, they never would have enticed Phillip Rivers out of retirement.

Not true. They were going with Leonard, but he had a knee injury that left his availability in doubt for the Seattle game. That was what led to Rivers, and his performance in the first game earned him a second start.

apballin 04-30-2026 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kray007 (Post 347327)
Kamari Lassiter, the Corner who should have been playing Pierce, was held out of the game.

With a lead of 20-10, the Texans began yanking starters midway through the 2nd Quarter. Until that point, the Colts had scored 7 points on a busted coverage and another 3 on a drive punctuated by a 17 yard Rigoberto Sanchez pass on 4th down and a Riley Leonard scramble for 11. Before the Texans pulled their starters, aside from the busted play, Leonard had thrown for 13 yards.

It wasn’t a busted coverage they weren’t expecting the rookie to have the balls to make that throw

Colts And Orioles 04-30-2026 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kray007 (Post 347327)



Kamari Lassiter, the Corner who should have been playing Pierce, was held out of the game.

With a lead of 20-10, the Texans began yanking starters midway through the 2nd Quarter. Until that point, the Colts had scored 7 points on a busted coverage and another 3 on a drive punctuated by a 17 yard Rigoberto Sanchez pass on 4th down and a Riley Leonard scramble for 11. Before the Texans pulled their starters, aside from the busted play, Leonard had thrown for 13 yards.





Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 347342)



It wasn’t a busted coverage they weren’t expecting the rookie to have the balls to make that throw.




o


Correct. And Leonard made many more good passes in that game.

The announcers, Colts fans, and pretty much everybody watching that game (except for Texans fans) were happily surprised with Leonard's showing that day.

o


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.