ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   quick thoughts on the texicans (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185688)

YDFL Commish 09-08-2024 10:09 PM

Not a single reception by a TE or RB? How was that in the game plan?

Spike 09-08-2024 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 303070)
Really REALLY missed Downs today. Mitchell has potential but he’s not there yet.

I don’t think I’ll ever watch AR without the nagging thought in my head that he’s going to get hurt. He got nicked a couple times today but shook it off.

The touchdown to Diggs on 4th and goal was one of the most pathetic displays I’ve ever seen. I mean, what the hell were they thinking? It’s fourth and GOAL. No one is going to beat you over the top. Why on earth would you allow Diggs to run a simple out pattern into the end zone? Jesus Christ. At least press him at the line or run a linebacker under the route. Absolutely mind boggling how easy that was for Stroud.

Very very disappointing day from the defense.

AR was about what I expected. Could have been better on the short stuff and missed at least 2 deep balls but some of that is because Downs didn’t play.

But the defense was just atrocious.

Edited to add-that touchdown pass to Pierce was as impressive a throw as you will EVER see in your life. That was just amazing.

Gus Bradley is a fucking moron. I don't understand why he's still here. For that matter, I don't understand why Ballard is either.

ChaosTheory 09-08-2024 11:25 PM

The Bad:

1. Obviously the run-D. I can't remember many games where we were consistently gashed. I can think of plenty of games where the total rush yards were high because we allowed a 65 yard run or something... but this was just steady.

It was so bad, and they're usually pretty stout against the runt... it makes me think it was game-planned. I'm very curious to rewatch, but it seems like they chose to go balls-out after Stroud.

This is the main issue and trickles down to the rest of the bad.

2. We got out-TOP'd 40:00-20:00. We couldn't establish a rhythm, particularly in the run game. Between them holding the ball and our own explosive drives, there's a bad and good reason it felt like we didn't stick with the run game. Really, though, we only had 19 passes and 22 runs total.

3. AR's amped up throws... The 4th down and both AD throws... Those are all game-changers. He has to hit the easy shit.

4. Back to the defense... I know people get frustrated at the cushions, but I'm ok with them generally. But in the red-zone, tighten the fuck up. Diggs' second TD, Cross was manned up but lined up 7 fucking yards away when they're on the 4.

5. This one is iffy, but I actually think Steichen came up short, and I'm a huge Steichen guy. I don't think he adjusted the run game/RPO to the Texans' commitment to stacking the box. Could be wrong on replay.

6. The field sucked. After I complimented it.

7. The toe-heel rule is dumb, Brents should've had an INT.

8. Omaha should have made the gameday thread official. Vegas gives 3 points for playing at home and for having "official" in the title. Nice work, dickhead.


The stuff people will say is bad, but I don't think is:

1. AR's INT. I still think that ball looked ok. Interested to see the endzone angle again.

2. Pass-D was relatively good. Our DL gave up the run, but the pass-rush was there. 10 QB hits, 4 sacks, don't know the pressures yet but it seemed like a lot. Stroud got away like 5 times I think and just made good plays.

DB's played pretty well, tackled pretty well thank God. Collins made two crazy plays, credit where it's due.


The Good:

1. Pierce finally had someone take advantage of what he does.

2. AR, for all his easy misses, made some truly insane throws. That first bomb was a cartoon and will get the replays... I was actually somehow more amazed at the Dulin TD pass.

3. From the offense's perspective, you've clearly got the explosive element. 27 points in 20:00 is good. 23.6yds/rec and someone having a 101.2 passer rating while going 9/19 is crazy.

Think back to the 2009 game against the Dolphins when we gave up 240 yards, had the ball less than 15 minutes, and scored 27 points and won. This game was similar in terms of explosive plays. We just came up a field goal short.

4. I keep remembering how little AR has played with his teammates. 5 starts and like 15 quarters.

Dam8610 09-09-2024 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 303091)
Not a single reception by a TE or RB? How was that in the game plan?

Granson should've had one, that was the pick. Richardson's other throw to a TE was the only real bad read I saw him make on the day. He tried to force a ball to MAC in triple coverage in the endzone. Fortunately To'o-To'o knocked it down so it wasn't intercepted.

Kray007 09-09-2024 01:08 AM

One of the biggest factors in the loss might have been the field condition. Drive after drive short circuited because a receiver slipped, not the least of which was the pick to end the Colts last possession of the 1st half. It was a nicely placed ball that would have given them 1st and goal, and a chance to seize the lead at the midpoint of the game.

dwilli57 09-09-2024 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 303091)
Not a single reception by a TE or RB? How was that in the game plan?

I wondered the same...I think I saw a fake handoff to Taylor who then ran left all alone but AR threw into triple coverage up the middle. I think it was early in the 3rd qtr.

Mr. Session 09-09-2024 08:13 AM

Richardson can be fun to watch. I'm not sure he'll ever be accurate, but I see enough there to be okay with watching how this goes. If he can develop okay I don't see why we can't expect good things. Carolina and Philly both showed that type of player can get you to a SB.

I love seeing guys overcome, especially our guys. As frustrated as I am with this product, I really enjoyed watching Pierce.

daedge 09-09-2024 03:18 PM

So sick of watching opposing teams convert third and longs against this defense.

Dam8610 09-09-2024 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daedge (Post 303158)
So sick of watching opposing teams convert third and longs against this defense.

Really wish the correct calls would've been made so they didn't convert.

CletusPyle 09-09-2024 05:22 PM

We had trouble stopping Mixon, I'd hate to see us try to stop Detroit's Montgomery! Did anyone else see the overtime finish last night? Montgomery behind Detroit's OL literally bulldozed over the Rams right down the field into the endzone, I have never seen anything like it in an NFL game!:eek:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.