ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2017 Draft Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397)

Coltsalr 03-29-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 8333)
Is this really an accurate number? 5.10 is crazy slow. For an ILB that is considered un-draftable by most, if not all teams.

Yet Grigson takes him in the 4th rd. Holy shit, I'm so glad that Grigson is gone.

Yep, that was his officially recorded time last year:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profil...son?id=2555160

YDFL Commish 03-29-2017 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 8347)
Yep, that was his officially recorded time last year:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profil...son?id=2555160

Sounds like Grigson gave his comments on him as well:

"Sources Tell Us "Write him up however you want, but he's a two-down MIKE linebacker who is tough as hell and a good football player. I worry much less about his 'negatives' than I do with what he can do." -- AFC general manager"

HoosierinFL 03-29-2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 8355)
Sounds like Grigson gave his comments on him as well:

"Sources Tell Us "Write him up however you want, but he's a two-down MIKE linebacker who is tough as hell and a good football player. I worry much less about his 'negatives' than I do with what he can do." -- AFC general manager"

lol, I'm almost 100% sure that was Grigson

Puck 03-29-2017 03:11 PM

I am sure that Ballard will take BPA whether it is Lber CB Oline etc....

Wyatt 03-29-2017 03:30 PM

@HolderStephen 36m36 minutes ago
Was told #Colts meeting w and have private workout w Jackson St. LB Javancy Jones tmrw. More from East-West Shrine:

smitty46953 03-29-2017 04:27 PM

Aaron Wilson‏Verified account
@AaronWilson_NFL

University of Cincinnati linebacker Eric Wilson to visit Packers, Colts, per a source. Has worked out for Patriots, met with Buccaneers

:cool:

Wyatt 03-30-2017 06:23 AM

@1043TheFan
@Tyler_Polumbus "From someone close to the situation, the four teams most interested in C.McCaffrey are #Eagles, #49ers, #Colts & #Broncos"

Wyatt 03-30-2017 06:32 AM

hopefully it's just a smokescreen and the eagles end up taking him

sherck 03-30-2017 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyatt (Post 8403)
hopefully it's just a smokescreen and the eagles end up taking him

Goodness, yes! I hope it is a smokescreen as well.

While I like McCaffery A TON and think he will be a pretty good "jack of all trades" type of RB in the NFL, I don't want him this year. The chance to get an elite pass rusher at 1-15 is TOO GOOD to pass up.

RB in the 4th round in 2017 and then, if the fixes go well on defense to bring it up to NFL average, then I would be good with RB early in 2018 as the replacement for Frank Gore.

But not this year.

Cheers,

ukcolt 03-30-2017 08:01 AM

We have too many issues at ILB, OLB, CB where these are all strengths of this draft....we should be making every effort to maximise the fact this aligns with the major strengths in this years draft and maybe double up on a couple of those positions. Certainly in my mind we need 2 CB's and 2 LB's as a minimum from the first 4 rounds. That still leaves 2 picks to use on other issues, such as a NT/DE or a RB. Hopefully we can come out of this draft with the potential of 6 realistic starters, if not all immediately, at some point in the future.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.