![]() |
That's an awful lot of money to take on if we were to. But he might be that much of a difference maker that it could be worth it, but i am not so sure i would pull the trigger.
|
Quote:
|
Wow...no thanks that's a lot of cap. If we released Langford would it make sense then? Seems it would be a production upgrade. And, your really got me worried about NT now. There has to be a plan. Al Woods is it? and then a late round draft choice? I'm starting to miss liquored up Parry.
|
We are just not fixing NT this year, I don't think.
Parry, Woods and perhaps a rookie in some combo is what we will have. But the rookie will be, most likely, Just Another Guy. Cheers, Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
The draft perhaps? All those guys either suck or arent true NTs, so nope. Parry has played admirably, but we saw last year that he was beginning to wear down. I dont see him as a starter. A good rotational guy....not a starter. |
It's been real quiet about Parry's situation. I may be wrong but it seems to me he's in quite a bit of trouble in Arizona. If he somehow escapes jail time he surely will get some sort of NFL induced suspension. Am I wrong thinking this way? If any of you know anymore I'd like to hear it. I'm not counting on him playing for the Colts this year.
|
I don't see how he escapes a few game suspension at the least,but the whole system the league has for punishment is mysterious.
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
I was disgusted with the showing Pittsburgh put up against New England in the Title game this year, but Pittsburgh is still the only team in the conference that has enough of their shit together to challenge New England. Tomlin essentially has Pittsburgh playing at the same level his predecessor did. Almost every year they are in the discussion and they consistently make deep playoff runs. They still dominate the AFC North and they still get the better of both their competent rivals (Baltimore/Cincinnati). He hasn't been fired because he's good at his fucking job. Pittsburgh fans have no reason to stop buying tickets, that team may be more exciting now than it was when they won the superbowl. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
Also, Pittsburgh's defense has been a limiting factor for them the past several years. It's easy to understand that a defense-minded head coach would catch some flak for a consistently underperforming defense. Isn't that one of the things we frequently hold against Pagano? |
Quote:
After that AFC playoff game against the Pats, numerous Steeler fans were pretty pissed off at the lack of Tomlin's game planning and in game adjustments (Sounds a lot like Pagano). Steelers are not a well disciplined team, Rapistberger said so himself. Terry Bradshaw said, well never mind what Bradshaw said, he's a fucking idiot. The Steelers don't dominate the AFC North. Since 2004, the Ravens have a winning record against the Steelers. http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...-john-harbaugh |
Quote:
Baltimore is 1-2 against Tomlin in playoff games, Cincinatti is 0-1. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
We can move the other posts to a new thread if people want to keep discussing Tomlin. Let us know |
Quote:
|
@pfrumors 10m10 minutes ago
Jets To Sign Jonotthan Harrison http://www.profootballrumors.com/201...tthan-harrison … |
@PaulKuharskyNFL 4m4 minutes ago
Former Colts OLB Erik Walden visited the Titans on March 13. He fired his agent, Todd France, three days later.... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...075447741588-4 … |
Quote:
I liked what he brought to Indy. I had low expectations and he exceeded them all. He, arguable, was the best free agent (not counting V.Davis trade) that Grigson made. And, he has a career year in his free agency year. My guess is that he was expecting to get signed for Jabaal Sheard money ($8m a year) pretty quickly. And the NFL just yawned and went in other directions. Last 4 seasons: 60 games / 175 tackles / 23.0 sacks / 05 PD / Erik Walden (31 years old) 57 games / 150 tackles / 20.5 sacks / 13 PD / Jabaal Sheard (27 years old) What a difference being under 30 or over 30 means in the NFL. Cheers, |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
However, I will agree with you that retaining Reggie was probably the best move Grigson made overall because I am sure that it helped advance Luck's grasp of the game greatly. Cheers, |
As much as some like to label every bad free agent signing as "Ah, that was clearly a Pagano guy!", Reggie Wayne was very much a Pagano guy.
Reggie and Pagano have both talked about how Pagano recruited him back by saying "I'm gonna need you to take a leap of faith with me" and how because of that, he turned down more money from the Patriots to come back to the Colts. |
Quote:
wayne was definitely a pagano guy. but more importantly a colts guy. |
Quote:
Walden wasn't the All-Pro linebacker a team builds a defense around but I never really felt he was a liability. I think the guy did everything we could reasonably ask of him, in addition to having a "I'll kick your fucking ass" attitude that this defense has needed for years. I know he was a straight up thug for that headbutt to Delanie Walker, but I'll always love him for that. It was nice to watch our defense be the asshole bullies, for once. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JzLgC6PTj_...s400/BUTT1.gif I said it then; I'll say it again. Keep your hat on if you want to talk that action, boss. |
Quote:
|
@ColtsUpdate 6h6 hours ago
Former Colts Cornerback Patrick Robinson Signs With Eagles |
Quote:
Hope they both get paid a lot of money in their future NFL career. Cheers, |
Zack Brown signed by Redskins pending a physical, according to PFT. Terms were not disclosed.
|
Quote:
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet #Redskins LB Zach Brown signed a 1-year deal worth a maximum value of $4.65M, source said. $500k signing bonus. Not bad this late in FA. |
Fun fact: The Colts signed 10 outside free agents this offseason, which is a franchise record, apparently.
http://m.colts.com/news/article-1/Co...3-506f8d1e5d3f |
Quote:
|
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:01 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.