ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2017 Draft Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397)

Coltsalr 03-28-2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

The player who helped himself the most: Linebacker Jarrad Davis. His 38 ½ inch vertical leap would have been an inch better than any other linebacker at the scouting combine. It was so impressive that the event's organizers had to adjust the apparatus afterward so they could get an accurate measurement. His 10-foot, 9-inch broad jump was better than any linebacker at the combine, and his 4.56 40-yard dash was better than every linebacker not name Jabrill Peppers.

The player who hurt himself the most: Cornerback Jalen Tabor. His 40-yard dash was somewhere in the 4.7 range - slower than he performed at the combine. For a player who had been viewed as a first-round pick, it was, uh, not good. More on Tabor later.
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gators...medium=twitter

Jarrad Davis is a name that I LOVE and I know I've been vocal about it.

He's been a guy I've been hoping might fall to us in the 2nd round, but with him throwing down a 4.56 40, I'm wondering if he might now be a late 1st rounder. If that's the case, then I'm okay with trading back in the 1st round to grab him then and hopefully getting some more value elsewhere to cover it up (including perhaps an early 2nd to hopefully grab an edge rusher).

Jarrad Davis replaced Antonio Morrison this past year. I'd love to see him have the opportunity to do so again. Morrison, speaking of, ran 5.1 40 last year at his Pro Day for comparison sake. An ILB running a 4.56 40 is incomprehensibly fast for us Colts fans. We simply NEED speed at that position and Jarrad Davis would provide it.

Teez Tabor is a name that's gotten some mention as being a 1st round pick, but with him running a 4.7 40, in addition to the off-the-field concerns, I don't see it anymore. He'd be fine as a 3rd rounder though, and he has a profile that just screams "DRAFT DAY FALL". How far he'll fall is anyone's guess.

I also like Marcus Maye from Florida, who apparently had a nice day today too. He'd probably be a very nice 4th round guy.

omahacolt 03-28-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 8230)
I know this wont be very popular with most of you but I want G Forrest Lamp with pick 15

yep

that is pretty stupid

Coltsalr 03-28-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 8230)
I know this wont be very popular with most of you but I want G Forrest Lamp with pick 15

Ballard said today that he's not sure he sees the starting 5 for our OL currently on our roster.

Makes me wonder if he's leaning that way. There are no viable starters left in free agency.

It's either they draft a viable starter or sign a guy that hasn't proven himself worthy of being a starter.

I guess the only other possibility is they ditch one of their current starters. Maybe Ballard trades Castonzo or Mewhort? I dunno.

YDFL Commish 03-28-2017 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 8242)
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gators...medium=twitter

Jarrad Davis is a name that I LOVE and I know I've been vocal about it.

He's been a guy I've been hoping might fall to us in the 2nd round, but with him throwing down a 4.56 40, I'm wondering if he might now be a late 1st rounder. If that's the case, then I'm okay with trading back in the 1st round to grab him then and hopefully getting some more value elsewhere to cover it up (including perhaps an early 2nd to hopefully grab an edge rusher).

Jarrad Davis replaced Antonio Morrison this past year. I'd love to see him have the opportunity to do so again. Morrison, speaking of, ran 5.1 40 last year at his Pro Day for comparison sake. An ILB running a 4.56 40 is incomprehensibly fast for us Colts fans. We simply NEED speed at that position and Jarrad Davis would provide it.

Teez Tabor is a name that's gotten some mention as being a 1st round pick, but with him running a 4.7 40, in addition to the off-the-field concerns, I don't see it anymore. He'd be fine as a 3rd rounder though, and he has a profile that just screams "DRAFT DAY FALL". How far he'll fall is anyone's guess.

I also like Marcus Maye from Florida, who apparently had a nice day today too. He'd probably be a very nice 4th round guy.

I already told you that I'm not a fan of Davis. For me the tape, just doesn't lie.

I'm surprised Tabor ran that slow. I've watched some of his tape too, and the biggest negative that sticks out, is that he's totally immune to getting involved in the run game. I get that. But...can it be fixed?

He seems decent enough in coverage though. I just like, even CB's, to play with a certain amount of toughness.

sherck 03-28-2017 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 8255)
Ballard said today that he's not sure he sees the starting 5 for our OL currently on our roster.

Makes me wonder if he's leaning that way. There are no viable starters left in free agency.

While I would not be disappointed in O-line early, my guess is that Ballard is not convinced about the combo of Haeg, Clark, Good and Schwenke. He knows that currently 2 of the 4 would need to be starters and that he does not see that.

Akso, it is insurance for needing to re-sign Mewhort next year if he wants too much.

Want defense more but I will not complain if a top pick is O-line.

Cheers,


Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

YDFL Commish 03-28-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 8261)
While I would not be disappointed in O-line early, my guess is that Ballard is not convinced about the combo of Haeg, Clark, Good and Schwenke. He knows that currently 2 of the 4 would need to be starters and that he does not see that.

Akso, it is insurance for needing to re-sign Mewhort next year if he wants too much.

Want defense more but I will not complain if a top pick is O-line.

Cheers,


Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just not 1st round.

Coltsalr 03-28-2017 07:50 PM

3rd round at the earliest on OL, IMO.

Way too much value at ILB/OLB and we're still weak there to not capitalize IMO.

If there's some huge run on LB's then fine I guess, CB/OL in the 2nd round is acceptable.

Puck 03-28-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 8276)
3rd round at the earliest on OL, IMO.

Way too much value at ILB/OLB and we're still weak there to not capitalize IMO.

If there's some huge run on LB's then fine I guess, CB/OL in the 2nd round is acceptable.

You really haven't looked at the status of our CB's have you? We dont even have 2 starters to put on the field. Melvin is not an NFL starter. We do have OLB's via FA and ILB in Morrison that can at least play the position.

Puck 03-28-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 8253)
yep

that is pretty stupid

Protecting Luck is the number one thing this GM needs to consider. Luck has not been protected since he got here.

Can't go through another yr of him getting beat to death.


This team is not going to revamp the D in one season so we better be prepared to out score teams in the interim

Coltsalr 03-28-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 8277)
You really haven't looked at the status of our CB's have you? We dont even have 2 starters to put on the field. Melvin is not an NFL starter. We do have OLB's via FA and ILB in Morrison that can at least play the position.

I'm well aware of the state of our CB'a.

Our pass rush and overall talent at LB is more dire.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.