ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2017 Draft Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397)

Dam8610 03-23-2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 7852)
To be honest...and I've said this before, I don't what Reddick is. But, if I had to give my order of best fits, it would be this:
  1. 4-3 WILL
  2. 3-4 ILB
  3. 4-3 MLB
  4. 3-4 Rush OLB
  5. 4-3 SAM
  6. 3-4 SAM

He's too good at bending the edge to not be used on the outside. James Harrison is 6'0" 242 and he's had a great career as a 34 OLB. Robert Mathis at 6'2" 245 had the best season of his career as a 34 OLB. Haason Reddick at 6'1" 247 would be fine as a 34 OLB in terms of size, and he's the type of player who will succeed there.

omahacolt 03-23-2017 11:36 PM

James Harrison is not 242 lbs

Blue Thunder 03-23-2017 11:43 PM

Hey NJ...I'm not looking at this year as a throw away year. With all the bullshit in the front office, the usual injuries, low caliber coaching, and our defense, Colts make playoffs if not for 2 brutal 9th inning collapses. So. no I'm all in for immediate success with Ballard (if Andy's shoulder is indeed ok). We need CB's in a "passing league". I believe Ballard has increased our pass rush ability already over the last 2 seasons with the FA acquisitions. A good one in the draft and we're good.

Wyatt 03-24-2017 06:53 AM

@ShouldntBragBut 4h4 hours ago
Michigan OG Kyle Kalis has an upcoming visit with the Colts and Indy was represented at their Pro Day:

Wyatt 03-24-2017 06:55 AM

Chad Williams‏
Thanks @Colts for an amazing visit👍🏾

WR from Grambling State

Wyatt 03-24-2017 07:00 AM

@Tyrant_Scouting Mar 22
@TomcatFB QB/WR Ryan Radke (@Ryanradke13 ) with pro day buzz from the Pittsburgh Steelers and Indianapolis Colts. @TheDreamBowl alumni.

Wyatt 03-24-2017 07:11 AM

@MyColtsAccount 14h14 hours ago
Reports say Ballard likes EDGE Charles Harris (Missouri). Not my favourite pick @ 15, but that's a nice trade back option (along w/ Lawson).

njcoltfan 03-24-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Thunder (Post 7870)
Hey NJ...I'm not looking at this year as a throw away year. With all the bullshit in the front office, the usual injuries, low caliber coaching, and our defense, Colts make playoffs if not for 2 brutal 9th inning collapses. So. no I'm all in for immediate success with Ballard (if Andy's shoulder is indeed ok). We need CB's in a "passing league". I believe Ballard has increased our pass rush ability already over the last 2 seasons with the FA acquisitions. A good one in the draft and we're good.

OK, you are all in for immediate success, who's going to rush the passer ?? I would rather get my pass rushers in the first couple of rounds and make opposing QB's get rid of the ball before they want to. I guess it's just a matter of preference, either way this defense needs play making starters.

VeveJones007 03-24-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 7852)
To be honest...and I've said this before, I don't what Reddick is. But, if I had to give my order of best fits, it would be this:
  1. 4-3 WILL
  2. 3-4 ILB
  3. 4-3 MLB
  4. 3-4 Rush OLB
  5. 4-3 SAM
  6. 3-4 SAM

If you're concerned about him setting the edge, then ILB on run downs and moving outside in passing situations.

Still, I think he'll primarily play EDGE in the NFL. If Clay Matthews and Robert Mathis can play on the outside, then so can Reddick.

Puck 03-24-2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyatt (Post 7887)
@MyColtsAccount 14h14 hours ago
Reports say Ballard likes EDGE Charles Harris (Missouri). Not my favourite pick @ 15, but that's a nice trade back option (along w/ Lawson).


I saw this earlier this month too


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.