ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2017 Draft Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397)

Puck 03-23-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 7809)
Who is that player? The top of this draft sucks for o-lineman.

If you are drafting for need

Ryan Ramczyk, Wisconsin
Forrest Lamp, Western Kentucky
Cam Robinson, Alabama
Garett Bolles, Utah

VeveJones007 03-23-2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 7811)
If you are drafting for need

Ryan Ramczyk, Wisconsin
Forrest Lamp, Western Kentucky
Cam Robinson, Alabama
Garett Bolles, Utah

Fair enough. IMO, they need to see what they really have in Haeg and Clark before investing another valuable pick in the o-line. The defense is just so devoid of talent that it's imperative that they upgrade there.

sherck 03-23-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 7805)
are you assuming foster wont be there at 15 or choosing to pass on him?

I do not think Foster will be there at #15.

If he is, then pick him but I don't think he will be there. I tried to be realistic in whom would be there.

Cheers,

Dam8610 03-23-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 7792)
I am settling into a draft board that pretty much looks like:

1st round = ILB Hassan Riddick, Temple or OLB Tim Williams, Alabama

2nd round = CB Howard Wilson, Houston (or Cordrea Tankersley if he is still available but I doubt he makes it that far)

3rd round = BPA in the defensive front-7

4th round = CB, TE, RB

5th round = Best 3-4 NT prospect left (which might be all of them; none are expected to draft high)

That would be 3 new players in the defensive front-7, 2 CBs and then immediate depth at RB and TE.

Hopefully, snag a few 53 man surprise cast offs and see what happens.

Cheers,

Reddick is going to be a OLB in the NFL, and a perfect fit for a 3-4 defense.

natagu23 03-23-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 7826)
Reddick is going to be a OLB in the NFL, and a perfect fit for a 3-4 defense.

He's too light to play on the outside. He could bulk up, but i see him more as a ilb or a 43 will.

Dam8610 03-23-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natagu23 (Post 7833)
He's too light to play on the outside. He could bulk up, but i see him more as a ilb or a 43 will.

If he adds 10 pounds of good weight, he's 6'1" 247, which is plenty of size to play OLB in a 3-4 in the NFL.

YDFL Commish 03-23-2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 7849)
If he adds 10 pounds of good weight, he's 6'1" 247, which is plenty of size to play OLB in a 3-4 in the NFL.

To be honest...and I've said this before, I don't what Reddick is. But, if I had to give my order of best fits, it would be this:
  1. 4-3 WILL
  2. 3-4 ILB
  3. 4-3 MLB
  4. 3-4 Rush OLB
  5. 4-3 SAM
  6. 3-4 SAM

smitty46953 03-23-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 7819)
I do not think Foster will be there at #15.

If he is, then pick him but I don't think he will be there. I tried to be realistic in whom would be there.

Cheers,

if Foster is there at #15 you take him and don't look back. Watched some of the clips with him and he is one quick, mean linebacker ... :cool:

Blue Thunder 03-23-2017 07:32 PM

I don't know about you guys but unless Ballard grabs an experienced CB (whats left of them} in FA it won't matter for this year anyway. After Vontae, there is NOTHING behind him that's starter quality. Melvin is ok but as a #3 at best. I won't feel good about drafting a CB in the 2nd or 3rd round to be an instant starter either. We need a 1st round quality starter. We also need another CB in the 3rd or 4th just to have some talent in case of injury.

I'd love Reddick, or Foster, or Barnett in the 1st but to me the smart play is wait until round 2 for a LB. JMO

njcoltfan 03-23-2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Thunder (Post 7854)
I don't know about you guys but unless Ballard grabs an experienced CB (whats left of them} in FA it won't matter for this year anyway. After Vontae, there is NOTHING behind him that's starter quality. Melvin is ok but as a #3 at best. I won't feel good about drafting a CB in the 2nd or 3rd round to be an instant starter either. We need a 1st round quality starter. We also need another CB in the 3rd or 4th just to have some talent in case of injury.

I'd love Reddick, or Foster, or Barnett in the 1st but to me the smart play is wait until round 2 for a LB. JMO

Not if one of those 3 are available !! If this is truly a throw away year, first 2 rounds are pass rushers and after that CB or defensive BPA !!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.