ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2017 Draft Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397)

Wyatt 03-23-2017 06:04 AM

@Colton_Wood08
R.J.Shelton said he has met with numerous NFL teams and is flying to visit the Colts tonight.

sherck 03-23-2017 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyatt (Post 7751)
@Colton_Wood08
R.J.Shelton said he has met with numerous NFL teams and is flying to visit the Colts tonight.

Walter Football does not have him ranked within their top 50 WRs.
No other prospect ranking that I an find has him either.

He did return Kickoffs for the Spartans but did not return Punts.

UDFA. Perhaps a return guy. I don't see anything else.


Cheers,

sherck 03-23-2017 07:50 AM

Maurice Jones-Drew did a ranking of all the draft RBs over on NFL.com (located here).

In it, he listed 4 guys as "Day One starters on any NFL Team:"
#01 Joe Mixon, Oklahoma
#02 Dalvin Cook, Florida Stats
#03 Leonard Fournette, LSU
#04 Christian McCaffrey, Stanford

He then listed another 11 RBs as "System Players" whom he thinks can come in, provide quality depth and get good touches. His ranking:

#05 Brian Hill, Wyoming
#06 Jamaal Williams, BYU
#07 Alvin Kamara, Tennessee
#08 Samaje Perine, Oklahoma
#09 Aaron Jones, UTEP
#10 Marion Mack, South Florida
#11 Tarik Cohen, North Carolina A&T
#12 Jeremy McNichois, Boise State
#13 Kareem Hunt, Toledo
#14 D'Onta Foreman, Texas
#15 Donnel Pumphrey, San Diego State
#16 James Conner, Pittsburgh

The nice thing is that a lot of mock drafts that I look at have a numbe of those RBs (in the 10-16 range) often still available in the 4th round.

I think our chances of getting a RB in the 4th round that has the ability to provide quality depth behind Gore this season and behind a new rookie stud next season is pretty high.

Off of MJDs short blurbs, I like Kareem Hunt, Jeremy McNichols and Aaron Jones the best of those who might be around in the 4th. I think I am going to trust MJDs vision of RBs because he was a pretty darn good one in his own right.

Cheers,

Wyatt 03-23-2017 08:12 AM

@DraftAnalyst1
#Cincinnati LB Eric Wilson ran near a 4.5s 40-yd dash, jumped a 39.5" vert & met w/ the #Jaguars, #Jets, & #Colts:

sherck 03-23-2017 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyatt (Post 7765)
@DraftAnalyst1
#Cincinnati LB Eric Wilson ran near a 4.5s 40-yd dash, jumped a 39.5" vert & met w/ the #Jaguars, #Jets, & #Colts:

But yet another kid whom was not combine invited, is not listed on any of the prospect rankings and appears to be a UDFA.

??


Cheers,

sherck 03-23-2017 12:17 PM

I am settling into a draft board that pretty much looks like:

1st round = ILB Hassan Riddick, Temple or OLB Tim Williams, Alabama

2nd round = CB Howard Wilson, Houston (or Cordrea Tankersley if he is still available but I doubt he makes it that far)

3rd round = BPA in the defensive front-7

4th round = CB, TE, RB

5th round = Best 3-4 NT prospect left (which might be all of them; none are expected to draft high)

That would be 3 new players in the defensive front-7, 2 CBs and then immediate depth at RB and TE.

Hopefully, snag a few 53 man surprise cast offs and see what happens.

Cheers,

VeveJones007 03-23-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 7792)
I am settling into a draft board that pretty much looks like:

1st round = ILB Hassan Riddick, Temple or OLB Tim Williams, Alabama

2nd round = CB Howard Wilson, Houston (or Cordrea Tankersley if he is still available but I doubt he makes it that far)

3rd round = BPA in the defensive front-7

4th round = CB, TE, RB

5th round = Best 3-4 NT prospect left (which might be all of them; none are expected to draft high)

That would be 3 new players in the defensive front-7, 2 CBs and then immediate depth at RB and TE.

Hopefully, snag a few 53 man surprise cast offs and see what happens.

Cheers,

I think first two picks will look like this:

1st = Foster, Reddick, or Harris
2nd = Cunningham or McMillan (if Reddick or Harris in 1st), or best CB available

rcubed 03-23-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 7792)
I am settling into a draft board that pretty much looks like:

1st round = ILB Hassan Riddick, Temple or OLB Tim Williams, Alabama

2nd round = CB Howard Wilson, Houston (or Cordrea Tankersley if he is still available but I doubt he makes it that far)

3rd round = BPA in the defensive front-7

4th round = CB, TE, RB

5th round = Best 3-4 NT prospect left (which might be all of them; none are expected to draft high)

That would be 3 new players in the defensive front-7, 2 CBs and then immediate depth at RB and TE.

Hopefully, snag a few 53 man surprise cast offs and see what happens.

Cheers,

are you assuming foster wont be there at 15 or choosing to pass on him?

Puck 03-23-2017 12:36 PM

I think the first pick will be Oline or CB whichever is BPA

Can you imagine how much better the offense would be with another Kelly type player on the Oline?

VeveJones007 03-23-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 7806)
I think the first pick will be Oline or CB whichever is BPA

Can you imagine how much better the offense would be with another Kelly type player on the Oline?

Who is that player? The top of this draft sucks for o-lineman.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.