ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2017 Draft Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397)

Wyatt 03-22-2017 11:49 AM

@ShouldntBragBut 56s56 seconds ago
Colts met with the extremely athletic CB Shaquill Griffin (Central Florida)

Wyatt 03-22-2017 11:51 AM

@ShouldntBragBut 53s53 seconds ago
A Colts scout was very attentive to the workout of BC QB Patrick Towels at his pro day:

Wyatt 03-22-2017 11:52 AM

@ShouldntBragBut 8s8 seconds ago
A Colts scout spent time with ILB Brian Bell after the Penn State Pro Day:

sherck 03-22-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 7673)
I think I am on the Hassan Riddick bandwagon over Foster

I like Riddick. I think he could be a defensive mainstay for a decade on whichever team he lands on. If it were the Colts, I would not be disappointed.

However, Foster is heads and shoulders above Riddick in athleticism. Now, we don't know if Foster's head will ever allow his shoulders to play at that level (okay, bad pun) but if the staff felt like Foster was teachable and trainable, you don't pass him over.

However, I sort of hope that Foster is picked above us so that we don't have to make that decision and we can grab a kid at OLB, ILB or CB that has their head on straight, has great character & leadership and great (if not titanic) physical skills.

Cheers,

sherck 03-22-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyatt (Post 7676)
@ShouldntBragBut 8s8 seconds ago
A Colts scout spent time with ILB Brian Bell after the Penn State Pro Day:

It appears to be ILB Brandon Bell from Penn State and he is projected as a 7th rounder or UDFA. Nothing special that I can see from any of the quick looking I just did.

Cheers,

GoBigBlue88 03-22-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 7673)
I think I am on the Hassan Riddick bandwagon over Foster

I'm not there yet, but I'm starting to hear this one out (and the only ILB I'd consider over Foster even in conversation).

rcubed 03-22-2017 01:42 PM

nice graphic wyatt. wow on CB, I knew we were thin, but...

VeveJones007 03-22-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 7695)
I'm not there yet, but I'm starting to hear this one out (and the only ILB I'd consider over Foster even in conversation).

The thing with Riddick is that he can move to a rush position on passing downs, which adds some value. Frankly, I'm not sure he's an ILB at all from the tape I've seen of him. Sure, he'll get pushed around a bit in the run game, but there's a lot of Robert Mathis in him coming off the edge. Why waste that at ILB on run downs?

YDFL Commish 03-22-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 7681)
It appears to be ILB Brandon Bell from Penn State and he is projected as a 7th rounder or UDFA. Nothing special that I can see from any of the quick looking I just did.

Cheers,


I've watched Brandon Bell play many times. He's a damn good ILB, who I wouldn't mind seeing as a Colt.

sherck 03-22-2017 03:21 PM

Then I hope he goes undrafted because unless we trade down we have no 6th or 7th round pick to use on him.

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.