ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   quick thoughts another pagano meltdown (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27158)

DrSpaceman 11-27-2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 42907)
No to banning.....I really wish you all would stop engaging them though. I don't think they really believe the bullshit they spew, they just enjoy the attention they receive from you guys....if you ignore them that would be the most severe punishment you could meet out.

Re the game....I'm generally pissed off cause I wasted time going to that shit show since I was still in town for Thanksgiving, even though I knew what would happen. Since I went to the game I didn't get on the road back to New Jersey until 4..... now I'm stuck spending the night in Pittsburgh with a 6.5 hour drive ahead of me tomorrow instead of spending the night in my own bed.

While I was on the road I created my list of priorities for the Colts for the off season:

1. Fire chuck
2. Fire the rest of the staff (except maybe special teams coach)
3. Let Ballard hire his guy
4. Use free agency to shore up the oline. Use as much money as it takes. You can't rely on the draft for this. The college game these days doesn't immediately translate to good oline play in the pros and we don't have time to develop new talent in this area or to miss on talent assessment. This Has to be addressed in free agency.
5. Use the top several picks in the draft on pass Rush and interior line
6. Find another running back with the last draft pick or with the last few free agency dollars to share the load with Mack.

Ballard should have near total control of things going forward, that is most important.

I don't trust anyone else on the coaching staff or front office at this point, especially Irsay.

And that is not to say Ballard has done a huge bang up job so far. He has been pretty good. But the others just seem incompetent.

Agree with the rest of the list though. The problems on this team come down to pass rush, OL and coaching. Coaching is the obvious one that should and will be fixed, agree top to bottom, this offseason and I can't imagine finding someone worse than the current coach and staff. The rest its draft and FA.

ANd drop TJ Green the second the season is over.

Maniac 11-27-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 42933)
The problems on this team come down to pass rush, OL and coaching.

Inside LB'ers are pretty pathetic as well.

Coaching is a given, so hopefully the next one chosen will actually be decent. As far as players on the field, to me, it's :

1) Offensive Line - Fix that shit with high draft picks and free agency if you have to. Just get some TALENT on there
2) ILB - Ours are laughably bad
3) Pass Rush
4) Another RB. We can't go another year with Gore as the lead back.
5) WR

Coltsalr 11-27-2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 42947)
Inside LB'ers are pretty pathetic as well.

Coaching is a given, so hopefully the next one chosen will actually be decent. As far as players on the field, to me, it's :

1) Offensive Line - Fix that shit with high draft picks and free agency if you have to. Just get some TALENT on there
2) ILB - Ours are laughably bad
3) Pass Rush
4) Another RB. We can't go another year with Gore as the lead back.
5) WR

Can you damn the mortal souls of anyone that's still defending Pagano?

Pez 11-27-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 42947)
4) Another RB. We can't go another year with Gore as the lead back.

This year is the end of Gore's contract, I don't see him willingly returning to the shit show.


“Yeah, always want to be smart,” Pagano said.

Maniac 11-27-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 42955)
Can you damn the mortal souls of anyone that's still defending Pagano?

Shhhh...don't tell them, but I already have :eek:

Maniac 11-27-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 42970)
This year is the end of Gore's contract, I don't see him willingly returning to the shit show.


“Yeah, always want to be smart,” Pagano said.

That's fine. He would be a good backup, but we need another young RB in there.

Speaking of young RB's, what the hell happened to Hunt and KC?

sherck 11-27-2017 02:10 PM

2018 Offensive Line Cap Hits:

$10.800m = OT Anthony Castonzo
$02.850m = OC Ryan Kelly
$00.836m = OT Le'Raven Clark
$00.718m = OT Denzelle Good
$00.690m = OG Joe Haeg
$00.556m = OC Deyshawn Bond

2018 Offensive Line Free Agents:

OG Jack Mewhort (UFA)
OG Michael Person (UFA)
OT Tyreek Burwell (RFA)
OG Jeremy Vujnovich (ERFA)
OG Kyle Kalis (ERFA)

Both Vujnovich and Kalis will be back for at least Training Camp since it will only cost the Colts around $00.550m to retain them until they make the squad or are beat out and cut.

Burwell and Person are JAG at the moment and neither should be signed prior to the "value" portion of free agency.

The question on Mewhort is what does the team think he is worth and will he be willing to play for that? He has only played in 45 of a possible 64 regular season games (70.3%) and while he is above average to good when on the field...

So, going in 2018, we have a starting lineup of Castonzo / Clark / Kelly / Haeg and Good which is underwhelming. Even re-signing Mewhort to replace Clark is only going to go so far. We HAVE to increase the talent level; not just add new faces to the mix.

Looking at the 2018 cap spending above, the only guy we are paying "starter" money to is Castonzo. We have the cap ($75m) to spend on free agents and I want the line fixed. I don't care if we overspend in 2018 and 2019 to find the right guys. I want the line fixed.

To repeat, I DON'T CARE IF WE OVERSPEND IN 2018 AND 2019 ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE.....I WANT IT FIXED!!!!!!

My plan?

1. Sign one Offensive Tackle in Free Agency (under 30; more than 32 games as NFL starter)
2. Sign one Offensive Guard in Free Agency (under 30; more than 32 games as NFL starter)
3. Use 1st round draft pick on OT. If one is worthy of the top ten pick, use it. If one is not, then trade down to collect more picks and pick best OT in the middle of the 1st round.
4. Use 3rd or 4th round pick on OG

That adds 2 OTs and 2 OGs to the mix of Castonzo, Good, Haeg, Clark, Kelly and possibily Mewhort to then find the best 5 guys (4 guys plus Kelly) to put on the field.

I DON"T CARE if we end up paying our OT3 $10.8m in 2018 to be a backup (Castonzo). If he gets beat out by 2 other guys for OT duties, then he gets beat out and he is quality depth. I don't care if we end up paying Mewhort $4m a year to re-sign him and he ends up being OG3. I want the best 5 guys starting AND quality depth behind them.

I DON'T CARE if we overpay the O-Line by $10m or $15m in cap space for 2018 and 2019 if it fixes the O-Line. A fixed O-Line protects Luck, improves our passing and running games and makes our team that much better!

FIX THE O-LINE!!!!

2nd round pick, one of 3rd/4th round pick and about $55m in salary cap space to help improve the defense. Yeah, we can do that.

Granted, a portion of that salary cap space will need to be spent on guys like Mingo, Desir, Melvin and probably Bostic but it will be money well spent. Mingo, Desir and Melvin are all playing well and my guess is that we cannot remake the ILB position in one off-season without including Bostic in the mix.

Walk Worthy,

Pez 11-27-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 42975)
Speaking of young RB's, what the hell happened to Hunt and KC?

No shit... I'm convinced that Hunt and Aaron Rodgers took a payoff from someone (I legit suspect it was Tom Brady) to wreck my fantasy team.

YDFL Commish 11-27-2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

To repeat, I DON'T CARE IF WE OVERSPEND IN 2018 AND 2019 ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE.....I WANT IT FIXED!!!!!!
I agree. Do whatever it takes. This is Priority #1!

omahacolt 11-27-2017 06:03 PM

fixing the oline is priority but i wouldn't go with our 1st pick there. we should be high enough to land a quality pass rusher. a 2nd round rt can be had or sign a guy in free agency.

realistically we won't add 3 new starters to the line.

albany ed 11-27-2017 06:10 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmXWZFPvCAU

YDFL Commish 11-27-2017 06:11 PM

I'm also starting to think that Philbin is part of the problem.

I seemed to remember that Aaron Rodgers was running for his life quite a lot when Philbin was the OC at Green Bay.

So, I decided to check the sack #'s during that time, and holy shit, it was worse than I thought.

From 2008 to 2011, the time that Philbin and Rodgers were together as OC and QB, the Packers gave up 34, 51, 38 and 41 sacks.

Also, looking at Philbin's coaching history, his tenure with the Colts is actually his 1st time serving as a full time OL coach at the NFL level.

Looks to me like another bad Pags hire, who hasn't improved the OL at all, since he's been here.

Racehorse 11-27-2017 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 42933)
Coaching is the obvious one that should and will be fixed, agree top to bottom, this offseason and I can't imagine finding someone worse than the current coach and staff.

Schianno?

Racehorse 11-27-2017 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 42955)
Can you damn the mortal souls of anyone that's still defending Pagano?

He came to seek and save the lost, not condemn morons.

Racehorse 11-27-2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 43023)
I'm also starting to think that Philbin is part of the problem.

I seemed to remember that Aaron Rodgers was running for his life quite a lot when Philbin was the OC at Green Bay.

So, I decided to check the sack #'s during that time, and holy shit, it was worse than I thought.

From 2008 to 2011, the time that Philbin and Rodgers were together as OC and QB, the Packers gave up 34, 51, 38 and 41 sacks.

Also, looking at Philbin's coaching history, his tenure with the Colts is actually his 1st time serving as a full time OL coach at the NFL level.

Looks to me like another bad Pags hire, who hasn't improved the OL at all, since he's been here.

The line is not good, but good coaching can improve it immensely. This is another reason to rid our team of Coach Albatross.

Maniac 11-27-2017 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 43021)
fixing the oline is priority but i wouldn't go with our 1st pick there.

Go with whatever it fucking takes. If it takes our 1st pick, then so be it. Fix that damn line. There are certainly a couple stud o-linemen at the top as well. If one of those is needed, draft him and don't look back. It's LONG past due to get this damn line fixed.

Maniac 11-27-2017 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 43035)
He came to seek and save the lost, not condemn morons.

No, I can do both. I'm all powerful and shit.

omahacolt 11-27-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 43065)
Go with whatever it fucking takes. If it takes our 1st pick, then so be it. Fix that damn line. There are certainly a couple stud o-linemen at the top as well. If one of those is needed, draft him and don't look back. It's LONG past due to get this damn line fixed.

We don't need a LT as bad as we need a pass rusher. We can fix both.

Maniac 11-27-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 43069)
We don't need a LT as bad as we need a pass rusher. We can fix both.

We need any upgrade we can get on the O-line outside of center. Priority # 1 needs to actually come through on protecting the franchise. That means they need some real talent on that line.

Pass rush doesn't mean shit if Luck is on IR again.

njcoltfan 11-27-2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 43069)
We don't need a LT as bad as we need a pass rusher. We can fix both.

With the amount of $$ the Colts have for FA this year they can buy an OL and a pass rusher or two, and they better!!

omahacolt 11-27-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 43070)
We need any upgrade we can get on the O-line outside of center. Priority # 1 needs to actually come through on protecting the franchise. That means they need some real talent on that line.

Pass rush doesn't mean shit if Luck is on IR again.

No rookie LT is going to beat out AC. You don't take a rt or guard with a top 8 pick.

We can add talent to the oline without using our 1st pick

Maniac 11-27-2017 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 43075)
No rookie LT is going to beat out AC. You don't take a rt or guard with a top 8 pick.

We can add talent to the oline without using our 1st pick

You don't know that a talented enough rookie couldn't beat out AC. You're just making an assumption there.

They could also trade down a bit in the first and take a stud guard.

I just want talent upgrades there, whether the draft or free agency. Not just average guys that they think maybe they can coach up... some actual f'ing talent.

FatDT 11-27-2017 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 43083)
You don't know that a talented enough rookie couldn't beat out AC. You're just making an assumption there.

They could also trade down a bit in the first and take a stud guard.

I just want talent upgrades there, whether the draft or free agency. Not just average guys that they think maybe they can coach up... some actual f'ing talent.

The time to do that in FA was last off-season. Not that many talented OL FA options in 2018.

Maniac 11-28-2017 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 43100)
The time to do that in FA was last off-season. Not that many talented OL FA options in 2018.

Then it needs to be in the draft.

VeveJones007 11-28-2017 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 43103)
Then it needs to be in the draft.

Just keep losing and they’ll have their pick of the lot if CLE goes QB and SF goes Barkley.

Puck 11-28-2017 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 43106)
Just keep losing and they’ll have their pick of the lot if CLE goes QB and SF goes Barkley.


I hope they do go Barkley and we get Hyde

omahacolt 11-28-2017 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 43083)
You don't know that a talented enough rookie couldn't beat out AC. You're just making an assumption there.

They could also trade down a bit in the first and take a stud guard.

I just want talent upgrades there, whether the draft or free agency. Not just average guys that they think maybe they can coach up... some actual f'ing talent.

I find it highly unlikely a rookie would come In and beat him. Is that better

FatDT 11-28-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 43136)
I find it highly unlikely a rookie would come In and beat him. Is that better

The only prospect I could maybe see doing it is Connor Williams from Texas. But he looks like Jack Black's retarded little brother so probably not.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.