ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official 2024 Colts FA Signings (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178249)

Racehorse 03-16-2024 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukcolt (Post 294314)
Each team also has to spend at least a certain percentage of the current years salary cap, no idea what this number is though. So you couldn't get away with only paying your players $150m, and roll over an enormous amount of money to the following year.

80%

ChaosTheory 03-16-2024 10:00 AM

I read we're about to trade a 3rd and another '25 pick for Sneed, they're just working out the contract? Is that a solid rumor?

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 03-16-2024 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 294332)
I read we're about to trade a 3rd and another '25 pick for Sneed, they're just working out the contract? Is that a solid rumor?


Yeah, that has been the rumor for the last few days.

That the draft compensation to KC is not the stumbling block - I think multiple teams (including the Colts) are OK with the "trade" part of the deal...but the issue is the new contract parameters. And multiple teams are engaging with Sneed's agent trying to figure out that part of the deal.

Dam8610 03-16-2024 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 294332)
I read we're about to trade a 3rd and another '25 pick for Sneed, they're just working out the contract? Is that a solid rumor?

Yes, holdup is the contract extension.

Dewey 5 03-16-2024 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 294332)
I read we're about to trade a 3rd and another '25 pick for Sneed, they're just working out the contract? Is that a solid rumor?

Stephen Holder
@HolderStephen
Once and for all: There is no trade in place between the Chiefs and Colts for L’Jarius Sneed. I was told this unequivocally from the highest levels of the Colts organization.

https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/st...92276510818779

Discflinger 03-17-2024 02:33 AM

Obviously...

bigalbert 03-20-2024 09:05 AM

Colts kept Pinter around
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...6ecd45d70a.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sherck 03-20-2024 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigalbert (Post 294524)
Colts kept Pinter around
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...6ecd45d70a.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That one actually suprises me a bit. He seems like Just Another Guy that could have been replaced with a lower round rookie.

All good! I am all for keeping the O-line intact and hopefully improving on a pretty good 2023 campaign from them. Much, much better than 2022 was....

ukcolt 03-20-2024 01:13 PM

I don't mind resigning him and if he gets beaten out by a draft pick or French, then so be it. Good depth battle in training camp. Pinter didn't really get the chance to develop with the new Oline coach, so it will be interesting to see any development he can produce from him with a full off season.

IndyNorm 03-20-2024 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 294531)
That one actually suprises me a bit. He seems like Just Another Guy that could have been replaced with a lower round rookie.

All good! I am all for keeping the O-line intact and hopefully improving on a pretty good 2023 campaign from them. Much, much better than 2022 was....

A little surprised as well, but as long as he re-signed at or near the vet minimum with no guaranteed money then it doesn't hurt to bring him back (same w/ Bryan).

Quote:

I don't mind resigning him and if he gets beaten out by a draft pick or French, then so be it. Good depth battle in training camp. Pinter didn't really get the chance to develop with the new Oline coach, so it will be interesting to see any development he can produce from him with a full off season.
This is a good point. Maybe he can get back to his level of play in '21 under Sparano.

ChaosTheory 03-21-2024 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 294563)
This is a good point. Maybe he can get back to his level of play in '21 under Sparano.

Which would be fine for depth.

I would think, given the improvement shown by largely the same personnel on the OL, that Pinter would've looked much better in '23 than the last time we saw him play.

That said, while several guys had a down year in '22, Pinter was one of the egregiously bad performers. Hopefully that was an anomaly for him like it was for the other guys.

IndyNorm 03-21-2024 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 294600)
Which would be fine for depth.

I would think, given the improvement shown by largely the same personnel on the OL, that Pinter would've looked much better in '23 than the last time we saw him play.

That said, while several guys had a down year in '22, Pinter was one of the egregiously bad performers. Hopefully that was an anomaly for him like it was for the other guys.

Pinter was god awful at OG in '22. Basically showed that he had no business playing the position. He was better after being moved back to OC, but he still wasn't good. Guessing they're bringing him back to compete w/ French as Kelly's backup.

As stated earlier, hopefully both he and Bryan signed for the vet minimum w/ no guarenteed money.

YDFL Commish 03-21-2024 07:45 PM

Hopefully neither of these guys becomes a modern day Josh Thomas.

ChaosTheory 04-02-2024 09:36 PM

I read Blackmon is coming back. That wraps it up, right? That everybody?

IndyNorm 04-02-2024 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 294629)
Hopefully neither of these guys becomes a modern day Josh Thomas.

Hopefully not, but for some reason Ballard gave both of them some guaranteed money (Bryan - $1.1M, Pinter $.5M), so I wouldn't doubt that one of them does :confused:

Racehorse 04-03-2024 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 295216)
I read Blackmon is coming back. That wraps it up, right? That everybody?

I think that is about all the cap we have left, once you consider the rookie draft class, and in-season churn.

YDFL Commish 04-03-2024 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 295229)
I think that is about all the cap we have left, once you consider the rookie draft class, and in-season churn.

Ballard should extend Buckner for 2 more seasons to create some cap room and cut MOC.

Racehorse 04-03-2024 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 295278)
Ballard should extend Buckner for 2 more seasons to create some cap room and cut MOC.

Yeah, I looked earlier today, and saw Buckner's contract expires this year. Extend him soon, because he has a few more productive years left.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.