ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Official “no one cares enough to start a game day thread” game day thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156952)

Colts And Orioles 01-01-2023 02:44 PM

o


It just dawned on me ...... the Colts are playing the ) New York ) Giants, so I don't have to be watching this game on my computer ...... it's on TV here in New York State.


Hey, my brain-freeze is symbolic of the Colts' entire 2022 season.

o

Brylok 01-01-2023 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 256151)
Banagu and Williams are just terrible football players.

Banogu, yes. I don't even know who Williams is.

Spike 01-01-2023 02:45 PM

Woods is going to be a beast once we get a good QB in here.

ChoppedWood 01-01-2023 02:45 PM

Woods is going to be fantastic.

Smith, is a pile of shit that shouldn't be playing.

Racehorse 01-01-2023 02:47 PM

Offense can’t seem to
Click at all

JAFF 01-01-2023 02:48 PM

Braden Smith kills a drive

YDFL Commish 01-01-2023 02:48 PM

Thibodeux is fun to watch.

Dewey 5 01-01-2023 02:49 PM

Players are scared to touch the candyass qb’s.

Discflinger 01-01-2023 02:52 PM

I love you all but going to watch after the fact…

nate505 01-01-2023 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 256164)
Yeah, any one can go make decisions as an NFL coach. No pressure.

If you don't like pressure, don't take the job.

I don't like heights. I would never train to become a pilot because of it.

I really can't believe a coach and coordinators knowing what play should come in a down and distance situation should be a tough ask. If it is, it's not the job for you.

Brylok 01-01-2023 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discflinger (Post 256173)
I love you all but going to watch after the fact…

Enjoy your day!

Spike 01-01-2023 02:55 PM

A QB who can scramble is a hell of a luxury.

JAFF 01-01-2023 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 256174)
If you don't like pressure, don't take the job.

I don't like heights. I would never train to become a pilot because of it.

I really can't believe a coach and coordinators knowing what play should come in a down and distance situation should be a tough ask. If it is, it's not the job for you.

Being able to change your mind when given important facts is a strength. As in admitting you are wrong

Brylok 01-01-2023 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 256176)
A QB who can scramble is a hell of a luxury.

It's a necessity nowadays. It just looks like a luxury because we've been deprived of it for a few years. Indoor plumbing used to be a luxury.

HoosierinFL 01-01-2023 03:01 PM

I think we all knew “no experience Saturday” would struggle with in game procedural stuff, so I don’t really get the bitching. He was obv not brought in because he would be better at that stuff than Reich or anybody else currently on staff. He was brought in for all the other stuff, the leadership, the culture, to keep the team together during a lost season, not to save the season.

nate505 01-01-2023 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 256177)
Being able to change your mind when given important facts is a strength. As in admitting you are wrong

I don't know what that means in this situation. What important facts did he learn when 4th down was going on?

On 3rd down, Saturday should have known what he was going to do on pretty much any situation.

It was a 3rd and 5 fairly deep in the red zone.

If the play results in no gain or a loss, kick the FG
If the play results in a gain of 1-3 yards, kick the FG
If the play results in 4 yards, either kick the FG or go for it.
If the play results in a first down, keep going

I'm guessing every head coach has a distance in their head when they're going to go for and and when they aren't, given on the situation in the game. For some head coaches, there would be no situation where they don't take the FG. For others, they might go for it if the distance to 1st down is 4 yards or less.

Whatever it is, I have no issues with the philosophy of taking the FG or going for it. The issue is that he wasn't prepared to make a decision and cost a time out. I don't understand that part.

YDFL Commish 01-01-2023 03:08 PM

Fuk'n WR screens never work. We can't block 'em.

JAFF 01-01-2023 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 256180)
I don't know what that means in this situation. What important facts did he learn when 4th down was going on?

On 3rd down, Saturday should have known what he was going to do on pretty much any situation.

It was a 3rd and 5 fairly deep in the red zone.

If the play results in no gain or a loss, kick the FG
If the play results in a gain of 1-3 yards, kick the FG
If the play results in 4 yards, either kick the FG or go for it.
If the play results in a first down, keep going

I'm guessing every head coach has a distance in their head when they're going to go for and and when they aren't, given on the situation in the game. For some head coaches, there would be no situation where they don't take the FG. For others, they might go for it if the distance to 1st down is 4 yards or less.

Whatever it is, I have no issues with the philosophy of taking the FG or going for it. The issue is that he wasn't prepared to make a decision and cost a time out. I don't understand that part.

Burning TOs, in the first half isnt a tragedy. Burning TO,s in a close second half, can be disastrous. The Colts needed to score. Its early. Get the points.

Come 4 PM and the Colts lose a blow out, who fucking cares? Bitching about it before the game is done is a waste of electrons

CletusPyle 01-01-2023 03:10 PM

Lol!:D

Spike 01-01-2023 03:11 PM

Damn, Foles is good.

Dewey 5 01-01-2023 03:11 PM

Lol Foles you are beautiful, man

HoosierinFL 01-01-2023 03:12 PM

Today is not the day we lose draft position

TheMugwump 01-01-2023 03:13 PM

C'mon Bears!

Let's go Broncos!

YDFL Commish 01-01-2023 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 256191)
Damn, Foles is good.

Threw it late, no timing with the WR's.

Brylok 01-01-2023 03:14 PM

Big pick Nick

PowayColt 01-01-2023 03:14 PM

Nick Foles....our best chance to win. After watching Stroud yesterday I'm actually kind of glad we're losing. First time I've ever felt like that. Put some more players on IR. Leave Foles in there.

CletusPyle 01-01-2023 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 256189)
Burning TOs, in the first half isnt a tragedy. Burning TO,s in a close second half, can be disastrous. The Colts needed to score. Its early. Get the points.

Come 4 PM and the Colts lose a blow out, who fucking cares? Bitching about it before the game is done is a waste of electrons

https://media.tenor.com/vbqJqlRRnJQA...one-crying.gif


Leave Jeff alone!

Brylok 01-01-2023 03:16 PM

It's Sam time now.

YDFL Commish 01-01-2023 03:16 PM

WOW! Foles is in some pain. Ehlinger time.

TheMugwump 01-01-2023 03:17 PM

If that's not a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, then there shouldn't be such a penalty in the rulebook.

Colts And Orioles 01-01-2023 03:17 PM

o


Switch quarterbacks !!! Sam Ehlinger got sacked 9 times by the Patriots, and put up 3 points in 4 quarters against them.

No, put Matt Ryan in there ...... he's gotten sacked, battered, and beaten up behind this terrible offensive line up all season.

No, fire the head coach ...... Frank Reich is the main problem with this team, and we need a fiery, vibrant head coach like Jeff Saturday.


I've ...... I've ...... I've run out of ideas.

o

CletusPyle 01-01-2023 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMugwump (Post 256201)
If that's not a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, then there shouldn't be such a penalty in the rulebook.

The snow angel rule!

TheMugwump 01-01-2023 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 256200)
WOW! Foles is in some pain. Ehlinger time.

That wasn't pain, that was a freaking seizure.

This is not good.

nate505 01-01-2023 03:21 PM

So at this point, the Colts see nothing in Ehlinger at all. Like nothing. Zero. Zip. Nada.

Otherwise I can't explain why he's not playing.

I was all for Foles getting a chance, but holy fuck is he brutal out there. I don't even blame it on him as he's got nearly no first team reps all season, but still.

Spike 01-01-2023 03:23 PM

It appears the Colts defense has given up, I don't blame them.

Colts And Orioles 01-01-2023 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 256205)



So at this point, the Colts see nothing in Ehlinger at all ...... like nothing ...... zero ...... zip ...... nada.

Otherwise, I can't explain why he's not playing.

I was all for Foles getting a chance, but holy fuck is he brutal out there. I don't even blame it on him as he's got nearly no first team reps all season, but still.





o


With our offensive line, the quarterback who IS NOT playing is the one that Jeff Saturday has more sympathy for ...... Saturday obviously cares more about Ehlinger than he does about Foles.

o

Hoopsdoc 01-01-2023 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMugwump (Post 256201)
If that's not a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, then there shouldn't be such a penalty in the rulebook.

That will be a fine I would think. Talk about classless.

nate505 01-01-2023 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 256207)
o


With our offensive line, which quarterback IS NOT playing is the one that Jeff Saturday has more sympathy for ...... Saturday obviously cares more about Ehlinger than he does about Foles.

o

Welp, he might be saving his life/body, but he's definitely playing Ehlinger out of an NFL job at this point.

Because if he can't get in now, what hope does he have of playing anywhere?

Like imagine another teams signs him. If I were a fan of the other team, I would be like "we signed the guy who couldn't get playing time against an ancient Matt Ryan and a horrible Nick Foles?"

And that person would be 100% correct in that question.

nate505 01-01-2023 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 256206)
It appears the Colts defense has given up, I don't blame them.

Me either. Why should they put their bodies/careers on the line for this crap show.

CletusPyle 01-01-2023 03:26 PM

I bet every team in contention wishes they had the Colts on their schedule next week....what a train wreck of a team!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.