![]() |
Quote:
|
Isn't this like a repeat Irsay did before? Ditch the coach but keep the same GM?
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
For me, and it is my personal opinion, Levi's is the best coming out for the next draft class. He just has that it factor. Playing at UK he doesn't get the TV time the others do, but that is ok, kid is a top 3-4 pick and worth the gamble. |
I absolutely LOVE Jim for going here:
Jim Irsay on Jeff Saturday: "I'm glad he doesn't have NFL experience." He said Saturday lacks the fear that forces many of today's coaches to rely on analytics. Jim could see it- Frank wasn't really coaching, he was caught up in some bizarre web where that fucking laminated sheet dictated to him every next move. It was sickening to watch. We will be a more engaged team, with a more physical line, with Saturday stepping in and likely ditching all the fucking goofy Frank analytics shit. Pretty obvious the team had turned against all of his mechanics and I expect they will become a more play with feel type of team in coming weeks. |
Ballard, by all accounts, is a very stand up and good human being. Trying to read body language in these circumstances is crazy. The guy feels like shit. He is part of a debacle here and just fired (or watched get fired) a man he thinks highly of. His body language was of a man in pain. He is a great talent evaluator. Hopefully he learns from how this played out. We are in for a few rough years in any event. Those of you old enough will attest to how sweet it is to watch a team go from shit to relevance. I will endure the pain with the rest of you real true fans just to come out the other end-whenever the fuck that will be-and celebrate with you. Go Colts-we are a clusterfuck at this moment.
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
That was my biggest take from this presser. Irsay and perhaps Ballard were sick and tired of the analytics bullshit. |
I'm not sure what how successful Saturday will be as HC, but I'm hoping that he'll be able to be totally successful at evaluating the worth of every player on the OL. So we can get rid of the garbage and keep the promising players, regardless of salaries and contractual obligations. It starts there. I do believe we need a franchise QB, but I can't think of any QB who would thrive behind this OL. And to think, almost every talking head rated the OL as the strength of this team just a few years ago.
|
I am on board with this move now, to me the season is lost and while I dont like seeing the colts lose, I am hoping for the best draft pick we can get now.
I have no idea how saturday will do. Mainly what I am hoping for is he keeps the spirit up so we dont mentally lose players we want back next season. I dont think he will be a long term solution and I couldn't get a read on what irsay thinks about that. I am hoping they get a progressive offense minded HC that can usher us into a new era of winning. |
Quote:
However, he threw one quip out there that irritated me. He said "everyone was clamoring for me to get a WR and then I look up and the line is crap..." or something like that. Fuck off with that bullshit. First, a good GM shouldnt listen to the writers or general public. Second, a good GM shouldnt be petty like that. Third, he royally fucked up the LT, and never properly planned for the future. Ballard had every indication that castanzo was done/almost done, he even talked castanzo into another year. He could have gotten Leno from what I had read at the time. He could have drafted a LT when the draft was stacked at OL, Darrisaw was there and he took Paye instead. He then ended up starting the worst fucking LT in history in pryor. Dont say something shitty like the OL fell apart because you were trying to find us wideouts. Fuck off with that shit. Now, go work on a plan to fix this shit so we can get back to enjoying watching colts football. Rant end. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
He's a real monster against the run. Excluding the DEN game we've given up 86yd/gm rushing with Paye and 159yd/gm without him. I separate the DEN game because Pay got hurt at the beginning of the 4th qtr. Up until the injury, DEN rushed for 58yds, 3.4ypc. After Paye got hurt, DEN had 8 rushes for 63yds, 7.9ypc and finished with 125yds. Ballard still fucked up with Pryor for sure. And Darrisaw looks like a good player. But Paye was a good pick. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
I agree that I dont think ballard was on board with either the reich or saturday decisions. looks like he will have one more chance to get a HC unless irsay takes that away from him, which if that happens he should probably just resign. |
also, is it just me or was that press conference just embarrassing?
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
Few random thoughts: 1) NFL Films and HBO must be kicking themselves for producing Hard Knocks with the Colts last year instead of this year. One can only imagine what is going on behind closed doors at the facility right now. 2) If this week's changes were made one week earlier and before the trade deadline - wonder how many more players would have requested to be traded. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Maybe a better analogy is when you start to get ahead financially, and then an appliance or auto breaks down without warning. We all know how that feels.
|
Quote:
I am sure the quote isnt word for word, but yeah. |
Quote:
Thats not how I took it. And if thats the case he could have worded it better. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
I could be wrong, but personally, I initially took it as him pointing out to a bunch of writers who (not all, but most) badgered him about bringing in flashy WR's over the years that, no, it's the boring OL having the impact. The WR are fine and OL is underperforming (key word). And basically, you guys don't know what you're talking about. I don't think it was worded better because it was just an impromptu jab. A quick fuck you to the writers on the heels of A.) a 12-hour shitty, heated, stressful session, and B.) like three straight attacking questions, including asking the owner right next to him if he's going to fire Ballard. I think three seconds of steam blew off. |
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:54 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.