ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Has Kenny Moore Played His Last Game as a Colt? (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144502)

ChaosTheory 05-28-2022 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 231822)
They also would have cut him in a heartbeat if he hadn’t performed...

...If Moore was an underpaid IT professional people would think differently about him pushing his employer for more money.

-I think the fact that he's under contract is the issue for people, not the money. I'm sure most fans can empathize with him seeing the explosion of money around the league and wanting in on it. Of course we all want more. That's not really the point, though.

-So that aside... Cutting him for not performing is also part of the agreed upon contract. Almost like they're paying for a standard of service and if that standard is not met, the relationship can be terminated.

-There's also a gamble from both parties in the form of guaranteed money. Both parties were comfortable enough that if Kenny Moore got into a car accident and never played a down, he would be still be paid $9m. And there are more guarantees along the way.

-The difference with the IT guy is that he's probably not under contract which drastically changes the employer/employee relationship. So he can push for more money because if he's unsatisfied, he can go to the competitor and get a job with them at any time. But if he's under contract, that employer can tell him to get fucked.

I love the dude being on the Colts and I think he's very important. Also, to keep it in perspective, he still hasn't done anything that violates his contract. He may just show up for work, continue to perform, and maybe the good will pays off for both sides. So far, this is just a discussion about the principle of an issue.

apballin 05-29-2022 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 231822)
They also would have cut him in a heartbeat if he hadn’t performed. I don’t begrudge players trying to get their money when they can. I think most fans lose sight of reality because of the amount of money involved. If Moore was an underpaid IT professional people would think differently about him pushing his employer for more money. Yeah there are obvious differences, but let’s not forget that among those differences is the fact Moore is literally one play away from being out of his profession for the rest of his life. He also has an extremely small window to earn. And the league doesn’t exactly have a great track record with taking care of players once they are used up.

My guess is Moore doesn’t hold out and plays this year, then is traded in the off season. I personally don’t think that makes Moore a bad person. I wish it wasn’t the case, he’s a better player than you’d assume from this thread. Either way, Moore will do what’s in his best interest and the team will do what’s in theirs. I’m guessing that’s trading him.

Bullshit an undrafted unknown guy should be grateful and he made the pro bowl big fuckin deal

Reality is you play thru your contract keep producing and you’ll be vastly rewarded. I think the one that’s lost sight in this situation is Moore guys can’t have a good year and then cry for more money especially a replaceable guy that isn’t even one of the top 5 players on the team

Once again….. you wanna talk about underpaid… Taylor carried this fuckin team last year glad he doesn’t have Kenny’s agent

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 05-29-2022 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 231803)
Exactly , Jonathan Taylor showed up Kenny!!! Talk about under paid!!!

Made 1.7 while his backup made 6 mil and he’s still showing up


You are comparing apples to oranges.


Per the latest CBA, Jonathan Taylor and his agent cannot negotiate a new contract extension until Taylor finishes his third season in the NFL.

That is the reason why Taylor and his agent aren't asking for more money this off season.


https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-fr...u-need-to-know

Quote:

Renegotiations: Rookie contracts for drafted players can't be renegotiated or altered in any way until after the last regular-season game of the third contracted year. Undrafted rookies must wait until after their second season to amend a contract. When the timing allows, any rookie contract that is renegotiated or extended in any way is no longer considered a rookie contract and is not restricted by the rules governing such contracts.

apballin 05-30-2022 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 231837)
You are comparing apples to oranges.


Per the latest CBA, Jonathan Taylor and his agent cannot negotiate a new contract extension until Taylor finishes his third season in the NFL.

That is the reason why Taylor and his agent aren't asking for more money this off season.


https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-fr...u-need-to-know

Yea I didn’t know this still doesn’t change my stance Kenny Moore has gotten a swollen head and getting shitty advice from a new agent if he knows what’s best he better have his money hungry ass in camp when shit gets real

Chaka 05-30-2022 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 231822)
They also would have cut him in a heartbeat if he hadn’t performed. I don’t begrudge players trying to get their money when they can. I think most fans lose sight of reality because of the amount of money involved. If Moore was an underpaid IT professional people would think differently about him pushing his employer for more money. Yeah there are obvious differences, but let’s not forget that among those differences is the fact Moore is literally one play away from being out of his profession for the rest of his life. He also has an extremely small window to earn. And the league doesn’t exactly have a great track record with taking care of players once they are used up.

My guess is Moore doesn’t hold out and plays this year, then is traded in the off season. I personally don’t think that makes Moore a bad person. I wish it wasn’t the case, he’s a better player than you’d assume from this thread. Either way, Moore will do what’s in his best interest and the team will do what’s in theirs. I’m guessing that’s trading him.

I don’t think Moore is a bad person at all. In fact, he seems like a pretty good guy from everything I’ve seen. But I don’t subscribe to the theory that the player is always right.

The “small window to earn” argument isn’t convincing to me in this situation. He and the Colts already solved that issue when he received a $9 million guarantee when he signed long term after his second year. In exchange for that security, and tons more money if he played well, he pledged to remain with the Colts for five years. He could have refused to sign, bet on himself, and done a year-to-year deal. That was entirely up to him, and would have maximized his earnings, but also maximized his risk.

The fact that he’s played well, and the market for his services may have grown, is just not a valid excuse to ask for more money. The possibility that this might occur is exactly why the Colts were willing to commit so much money to a somewhat unproven, two-year player in 2019. If he isn't happy with this deal, then he should direct this to his former agent who helped him negotiate it.

The “underpaid IT professional” isn’t a very reasonable comparison, as others have pointed out and you even suggest in your comment. There’s no contract involved in that scenario, which is the crux of this after all.

Oldcolt 05-30-2022 09:55 AM

Moore has every right in the world to ASK for more money, to have his contract renegotiated. The Colts have every right to say no. I don't see how, in this scenario anyone has done anything that even approaches being wrong. And as far as I can see, that is the situation we are in right now. Voluntary means you do not have to show up, it means voluntary. If you hold it against the guy because he doesn't show up and do everything then it really isn't voluntary now is it? If that is true then the Colts are the liars, something I am sure we all think would be highly immoral.

I hate these slow times when this is what we have to talk about. It is better than anything the world has to offer right now anyway. I am thankful for football and this team.

Bojack 05-30-2022 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 231844)
Moore has every right in the world to ASK for more money, to have his contract renegotiated. The Colts have every right to say no. I don't see how, in this scenario anyone has done anything that even approaches being wrong. And as far as I can see, that is the situation we are in right now. Voluntary means you do not have to show up, it means voluntary. If you hold it against the guy because he doesn't show up and do everything then it really isn't voluntary now is it? If that is true then the Colts are the liars, something I am sure we all think would be highly immoral.

I hate these slow times when this is what we have to talk about. It is better than anything the world has to offer right now anyway. I am thankful for football and this team.

Fair points pal. He is not required to show up for these no and the backlash he has gotten from certain areas of Colt fandom has been ridiculous. I don't think we are going to back down and give in, but Moore doesn't seem to be giving in either.

I just want the thing resolved as soon as possible so can everyone can have a clear head about it:Player, team, and fan alike.

Butter 05-30-2022 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojack (Post 231858)
Fair points pal. He is not required to show up for these no and the backlash he has gotten from certain areas of Colt fandom has been ridiculous. I don't think we are going to back down and give in, but Moore doesn't seem to be giving in either.

I just want the thing resolved as soon as possible so can everyone can have a clear head about it:Player, team, and fan alike.

He's not your Pal, guy.

Bojack 05-30-2022 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 231860)
He's not your Pal, guy.

I'm not your guy,friend.

apballin 05-30-2022 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 231844)
Moore has every right in the world to ASK for more money, to have his contract renegotiated. The Colts have every right to say no. I don't see how, in this scenario anyone has done anything that even approaches being wrong. And as far as I can see, that is the situation we are in right now. Voluntary means you do not have to show up, it means voluntary. If you hold it against the guy because he doesn't show up and do everything then it really isn't voluntary now is it? If that is true then the Colts are the liars, something I am sure we all think would be highly immoral.

I hate these slow times when this is what we have to talk about. It is better than anything the world has to offer right now anyway. I am thankful for football and this team.

You don’t wanna show up for voluntary work I’m fine with that… hell you wanna go to Ballard and Irsay and voice contract displeasure… fine with that

To let it be known thru the media is my issue with all this. This is the kinda bullshit that divides teams before the season even starts. He could’ve said anything he’s resting a sore hamstring… anything

See you in camp Kenny, don’t fuck this up

JAFF 05-30-2022 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 231840)
Yea I didn’t know this still doesn’t change my stance Kenny Moore has gotten a swollen head and getting shitty advice from a new agent if he knows what’s best he better have his money hungry ass in camp when shit gets real

Players renegotiate often. Has he outplayed the contract? The two parties will figure it out

JAFF 05-30-2022 09:06 PM

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ey-dies-at-25/

Sad example why you should maximize your earning power while you can. No one is guaranteed to be around very long, I have been lucky to survive a close shave and a minor heart blockage.

apballin 05-30-2022 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 231869)
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ey-dies-at-25/

Sad example why you should maximize your earning power while you can. No one is guaranteed to be around very long, I have been lucky to survive a close shave and a minor heart blockage.

He died in a car accident …. Tragic but hardly a health issue

I’d say Kenny Moore exceeded his expected earnings coming out of the powerhouse Valdosta standing at a whopping 5-8 180

JAFF 05-30-2022 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 231870)
He died in a car accident …. Tragic but hardly a health issue

I’d say Kenny Moore exceeded his expected earnings coming out of the powerhouse Valdosta standing at a whopping 5-8 180

Its a time issue. No one knows when the end will come. You do what you can when you can.

apballin 05-30-2022 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 231871)
Its a time issue. No one knows when the end will come. You do what you can when you can.

Again 6 mil on top of 6 mil he’s due to earn isn’t gonna make a big difference

There’s a difference between grateful and greedy athletes must toe that line and in my opinion Kenny is over stepping here

JAFF 05-31-2022 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 231872)
Again 6 mil on top of 6 mil he’s due to earn isn’t gonna make a big difference

There’s a difference between grateful and greedy athletes must toe that line and in my opinion Kenny is over stepping here

Telling someone else how to manage their money is ridiculous.

apballin 05-31-2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 231881)
Telling someone else how to manage their money is ridiculous.

I’m not telling him how to manage his money I like the guy and I’d like to see him remain a Colt and not fuck his career up

I’m pissed his causing a distraction which can fuck up the team, that’s the issue him making it about himself and now all the other players are watching and taking notes

JAFF 05-31-2022 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 231887)
I’m not telling him how to manage his money I like the guy and I’d like to see him remain a Colt and not fuck his career up

I’m pissed his causing a distraction which can fuck up the team, that’s the issue him making it about himself and now all the other players are watching and taking notes


If this team is distracted by his contract issues, they have bigger problems

Bojack 05-31-2022 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 231888)
If this team is distracted by his contract issues, they have bigger problems

Agreed. But really though I don't think Ballard, Irsay, and company are letting this get to them. They are hard headed and Moore I think will back down way before they will.

apballin 05-31-2022 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 231888)
If this team is distracted by his contract issues, they have bigger problems

Money always trumps everything with players, they’re all watching this and how it’s handled will affect future contract issues

I don’t care how good a team is, this shits always a distraction

I can’t think of 1 situation where a holdout ended good other then Bob Sanders, but that was his rookie deal

JAFF 05-31-2022 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 231912)
Money always trumps everything with players, they’re all watching this and how it’s handled will affect future contract issues

I don’t care how good a team is, this shits always a distraction

I can’t think of 1 situation where a holdout ended good other then Bob Sanders, but that was his rookie deal

Ah no Scott

ChaosTheory 05-31-2022 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 231912)
Money always trumps everything with players, they’re all watching this and how it’s handled will affect future contract issues

I don’t care how good a team is, this shits always a distraction

I can’t think of 1 situation where a holdout ended good other then Bob Sanders, but that was his rookie deal

I didn't know or forgot Bob Sanders held out. The only one I could think of was Edgerrin James' rookie holdout. Key difference in those situations was they happened before signing a contract.

Distraction or not, I just don't want this dragging into training camp and preseason... Any time that the entire team should be spending learning how to play with one another and gelling.

apballin 05-31-2022 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 231937)
I didn't know or forgot Bob Sanders held out. The only one I could think of was Edgerrin James' rookie holdout. Key difference in those situations was they happened before signing a contract.

Distraction or not, I just don't want this dragging into training camp and preseason... Any time that the entire team should be spending learning how to play with one another and gelling.

Bob was the last draft pick signed that season, didn’t matter much because he was hurt and he was a special dude that didn’t need practice, training camp , or much of anything but again that was when he was drafted

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 06-01-2022 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lov2fish (Post 231756)
I would do it differently. Call me old fashion, but my word means more to me than money. I get the, make all you can, but integrity is a real thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 231912)
I can’t think of 1 situation where a holdout ended good other then Bob Sanders, but that was his rookie deal


I think a lot of people forget some of the Colts players who have held out over the years.

I wouldn't say that players that hold out lack integrity - there are a lot of players that have held out.

If that is the determining factor, then:

Reggie Wayne lacks integrity.

Robert Mathis lacks integrity.

The reason why I bring up their names is because they held out at the same exact time.

They both had 2 years left on their (non-rookie) contract. Player salaries had gone up since they signed their deals so they were underpaid vs their peers. They both wanted to renegotiate their contract. Hmmm, that sounds familiar to the details in this thread.

Polian told them to go pound sand. OK, he said it a little more delicately than that but not much, because it was Polian after all. Polian hid behind the CBA negotiations a bit - he said he didn't want to sign any long term deals before knowing the details of the new CBA.

So Wayne and Mathis sat out of voluntary OTA's - this wasn't unusual for Wayne because he typically skipped OTA's anyway. Reggie preferred to work out on his own.

Next Wayne and Mathis sat out of mandatory minicamp.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ing-new-deals/


In the end, they both reported to training camp that year.

I don't think there was any hard feelings between the player and team - both Reggie and Robert signed a new deal with the Colts once their contract was finally finished.

Colts And Orioles 06-01-2022 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 231951)




I think a lot of people forget some of the Colts players who have held out over the years.

I wouldn't say that players that hold out lack integrity - there are a lot of players that have held out.

If that is the determining factor, then:

Reggie Wayne lacks integrity.

Robert Mathis lacks integrity.

The reason why I bring up their names is because they held out at the same exact time.

They both had 2 years left on their (non-rookie) contract. Player salaries had gone up since they signed their deals so they were underpaid vs their peers. They both wanted to renegotiate their contract. Hmmm, that sounds familiar to the details in this thread.

Polian told them to go pound sand. OK, he said it a little more delicately than that but not much, because it was Polian after all. Polian hid behind the CBA negotiations a bit - he said he didn't want to sign any long term deals before knowing the details of the new CBA.

So Wayne and Mathis sat out of voluntary OTA's - this wasn't unusual for Wayne because he typically skipped OTA's anyway. Reggie preferred to work out on his own.

Next Wayne and Mathis sat out of mandatory minicamp.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ing-new-deals/


In the end, they both reported to training camp that year.

I don't think there was any hard feelings between the player and team - both Reggie and Robert signed a new deal with the Colts once their contract was finally finished.



o


And for us old-time Colts fans, our beloved Lydell Mitchell held out in 1978, which wound up forcing a trade to the Chargers.



Mitchell Extends Holdout With Colts at $500 a Day


(By Dave Brady)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-bd58cc8f2d7a/



We were able to sustain Mitchell's loss because we acquired Joe Washington in that trade with the Chargers, but the loss of Bert Jones when he separated his shoulder in the final pre-season game of that 1978 season spelled doom for the team.

o

Colts And Orioles 06-01-2022 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 231951)




I think a lot of people forget some of the Colts players who have held out over the years.

I wouldn't say that players that hold out lack integrity - there are a lot of players that have held out.

If that is the determining factor, then:

Reggie Wayne lacks integrity.

Robert Mathis lacks integrity.

The reason why I bring up their names is because they held out at the same exact time.

They both had 2 years left on their (non-rookie) contract. Player salaries had gone up since they signed their deals so they were underpaid vs their peers. They both wanted to renegotiate their contract. Hmmm, that sounds familiar to the details in this thread.

Polian told them to go pound sand. OK, he said it a little more delicately than that but not much, because it was Polian after all. Polian hid behind the CBA negotiations a bit - he said he didn't want to sign any long term deals before knowing the details of the new CBA.

So Wayne and Mathis sat out of voluntary OTA's - this wasn't unusual for Wayne because he typically skipped OTA's anyway. Reggie preferred to work out on his own.

Next Wayne and Mathis sat out of mandatory minicamp.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ing-new-deals/


In the end, they both reported to training camp that year.

I don't think there was any hard feelings between the player and team - both Reggie and Robert signed a new deal with the Colts once their contract was finally finished.



o


It's not the same because the players essentially had no rights way back then, but Mickey Mantle, Joe Dimaggio, Sandy Koufax, and Don Drysdale also had famous/infamous holdouts when they played.

The Yankees fined DiMaggio $100 per day when he held out (that was a lot of money back then, considering that the minimum salary for Major League players was $4,000 per year.)

The Yankees told Mantle to take a hike if he didn't like their salary offer.


The Dodgers used to play Koufax and Drysdale off of one another. They would tell Koufax, "Are you kidding me ??? We're only paying Drysdale $70,000. We can't pay you $100,000." Then they would tell Drysdale the same ....... "Are you kidding me ??? We're only paying Koufax $70,000. We can't pay you $100,000."

Eventually, Koufax and Drysdale became wise to the chicanery of the Dodgers' front office, and they held out TOGETHER prior to the 1966 season. Even though the players had no other recourse other than holding out (no free agency, no salary arbitration, and a reserve-clause that bound a player to a team for life) the Dodgers eventually caved ...... the mid-1960's Los Angeles Dodgers without Koufax and Drysdale would have been like an ice cream sundae without the ice cream.

o

apballin 06-01-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 231951)
I think a lot of people forget some of the Colts players who have held out over the years.

I wouldn't say that players that hold out lack integrity - there are a lot of players that have held out.

If that is the determining factor, then:

Reggie Wayne lacks integrity.

Robert Mathis lacks integrity.

The reason why I bring up their names is because they held out at the same exact time.

They both had 2 years left on their (non-rookie) contract. Player salaries had gone up since they signed their deals so they were underpaid vs their peers. They both wanted to renegotiate their contract. Hmmm, that sounds familiar to the details in this thread.

Polian told them to go pound sand. OK, he said it a little more delicately than that but not much, because it was Polian after all. Polian hid behind the CBA negotiations a bit - he said he didn't want to sign any long term deals before knowing the details of the new CBA.

So Wayne and Mathis sat out of voluntary OTA's - this wasn't unusual for Wayne because he typically skipped OTA's anyway. Reggie preferred to work out on his own.

Next Wayne and Mathis sat out of mandatory minicamp.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ing-new-deals/


In the end, they both reported to training camp that year.

I don't think there was any hard feelings between the player and team - both Reggie and Robert signed a new deal with the Colts once their contract was finally finished.

Except for the minor detail on their resumes………………


Superbowl Champions

Moore hasn’t won shit can’t even compare him to those legends, he’s more comparable to Dom Rhodes but all this will be irrelevant because he will be at camp he’s not that stupid

CanuckColt 06-01-2022 11:55 PM

Moore is making a lot of money for his position and skillset and he is trusting his agent to do the right thing, but agents are weasels and often get their clients messed up.

Colts And Orioles 06-02-2022 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanuckColt (Post 232015)



Moore is making a lot of money for his position and skillset and he is trusting his agent to do the right thing, but agents are weasels, and often get their clients messed up.



o


Agents can indeed be weasels and cause trouble for the clients, but ultimately, the client is the agent's boss ...... if the client senses that the agent is being a dipshit, he has the right to fire him on the spot and make it clear to the media that the agent's position/stance is not his.

I'm not necessarily saying that Kenny Moore ought to fire his agent, I'm simply pointing out that the agent works for the client, not the other way around.

o

JAFF 06-02-2022 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 232030)
o


Agents can indeed be weasels and cause trouble for the clients, but ultimately, the client is the agent's boss ...... if the client senses that the agent is being a dipshit, he has the right to fire him on the spot and make it clear to the media that the agent's position/stance is not his.

I'm not necessarily saying that Kenny Moore ought to fire his agent, I'm simply pointing out that the agent works for the client, not the other way around.

o

These players put their health on the line every time they take the field. If they have leverage to get a bigger pay day, GOOD FOR THEM!

I am 64 years old, I have a pension and SS to fall back on, with my investments to get to the end of my days. These are young men risking their health and lives in a brutal game, in their 20s.

I believe they should get all they can when they can. They owe the fans jack sh*t

Colts And Orioles 06-02-2022 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 232030)
o


Agents can indeed be weasels and cause trouble for the clients, but ultimately, the client is the agent's boss ...... if the client senses that the agent is being a dipshit, he has the right to fire him on the spot and make it clear to the media that the agent's position/stance is not his.

I'm not necessarily saying that Kenny Moore ought to fire his agent, I'm simply pointing out that the agent works for the client, not the other way around.

o



Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 232074)




These players put their health on the line every time they take the field. If they have leverage to get a bigger pay day, GOOD FOR THEM!

I am 64 years old, I have a pension and SS to fall back on, with my investments to get to the end of my days. These are young men risking their health and lives in a brutal game, in their 20s.

I believe they should get all they can when they can. They owe the fans jack sh*t.



o


I wasn't commenting on what the players deserve, or their efforts of maximizing their earnings.

I was pointing out that the agents work for the players, not the other way around.

o

rcubed 06-03-2022 10:55 AM

Cooper kupp was on DP show this morning and said kenny was one of the two DBs that gave him the most trouble last year.

JAFF 06-03-2022 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 232075)
o


I wasn't commenting on what the players deserve, or their efforts of maximizing their earnings.

I was pointing out that the agents work for the players, not the other way around.

o

Yes. And if you or your organization want to be treated fairly, you should hire a professional, some one who understands how to negotiate.

Colts And Orioles 06-03-2022 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 232099)




Yes. And if you or your organization want to be treated fairly, you should hire a professional, some one who understands how to negotiate.



o


When exactly did I say that they shouldn't ??? I said that a player is the agent's boss, and that he has the right to fire him if he doesn't feel that he is representing him in the manner that he wants. Moore's agent isn't the only agent on the planet. When Alex Rodriguez played for the Yankees, he wasn't happy with his agent (Scott Boras), and Rodriquez fired him and hired a new one.

o

JAFF 06-03-2022 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 232109)
o


When exactly did I say that they shouldn't ??? I said that a player is the agent's boss, and that he has the right to fire him if he doesn't feel that he is representing him in the manner that he wants. Moore's agent isn't the only agent on the planet. When Alex Rodriguez played for the Yankees, he wasn't happy with his agent (Scott Boras), and Rodriquez fired him and hired a new one.

o

Apparently we agree

omahacolt 06-04-2022 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 231678)
[/B]
That's the thing I can't stand. You signed a damn contract you were happy with, live with it. If he sucked, could the team ask him to take a pay cut? Hell no.

people outperform contracts. wanting a correction is not a dick move. and the colts don't have to do it.


and the team can cut him at all times. so teams don't always honor the contract so i don't see how you can blame him for looking out for himself

omahacolt 06-04-2022 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lov2fish (Post 231756)
I would do it differently. Call me old fashion, but my word means more to me than money. I get the, make all you can, but integrity is a real thing.

this is a fucking absurd take. and i don't believe you or anyone that says that either.


the teams don't honor the contract if it doesn't favor them.

apballin 06-04-2022 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 232138)
people outperform contracts. wanting a correction is not a dick move. and the colts don't have to do it.


and the team can cut him at all times. so teams don't always honor the contract so i don't see how you can blame him for looking out for himself

He didn’t have to sign the early offer either

I blame him for not gambling on himself and refusing the first offer

I don’t feel like he outplayed his contract last year and under Bradley he may not be as valuable

Last 4 games 25 tackles and 2 pass def, and got torched by Renfrow and Marvin Jones

Spike 06-04-2022 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 232138)
people outperform contracts. wanting a correction is not a dick move. and the colts don't have to do it.


and the team can cut him at all times. so teams don't always honor the contract so i don't see how you can blame him for looking out for himself

Okay. Is there a stipulation in the contract that states if you outperform your contract we will give you more $$$$$'s? Moore looked pretty pedestrian down the stretch by the way. But overall, he is a damn good player.

The player can get cut, and the players know that. That's why they get guaranteed money. Hey, if you outperform your contract, when it ends and you are playing at an all-pro level, shit, then ask for the fucking moon.

I guess I am just old school, and a contract and your word mean a shitload to me. The way things are now days, I guess that is just taboo.

Having said all that, Moore is not doing anything wrong right now and he is well within his rights to ask for more money. And as you stated, the Colts can tell him to go get fucked (not your words, just paraphrasing)

I think all of us Colt fans just need to have patience and see where all of this goes. Hell, it may not even be an issue pretty soon. I love this board because no one here is a yes (pussy) man. We all have our opinions and stick by them no matter how wrong most of you are (LOL). My wife and daughter tell me I am wrong 95% of the time, so maybe I'm the one that's all fucked up. For the record my son is on my side, saying I am only wrong about 70% of the time. God bless sons.

JAFF 06-04-2022 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 232142)
For the record my son is on my side, saying I am only wrong about 70% of the time. God bless sons.

Be honest, you are wrong 90% of the time.

Wait until you have grandson’s. You are always right. 110%. LOL


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.