ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2017 Draft Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397)

natagu23 02-22-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Session (Post 3058)
I felt like Williams had a good jump and speed rush, that's about it.

What do you think about Anderson? Outside of Foster I'm hard pressed to give you a better linebacker out of Alabama right now.

Anderson is strong and his technique is impressive. He knows how to use his hands.

You mentioned it. The guy has some violent hands. I love how stout he is on the edge. He doesnt have the highest ceiling, but he has a pretty high floor if that makes sense. He's a football player. We need football players.

Well coached. Professional approach to the game.

I wouldnt mind taking a look at him in the 2nd or 3rd round.

natagu23 02-22-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 3087)
I think if Derek Barnett is there when we pick, take him and adjust the defense to more even fronts. He could maybe develop into an OLB but right now we need talent more than we need scheme fit.

Agreed.

You have to pull the trigger if he's there.

It would be unforgivable if they were to pass on him.

Dam8610 02-22-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 3087)
I think if Derek Barnett is there when we pick, take him and adjust the defense to more even fronts. He could maybe develop into an OLB but right now we need talent more than we need scheme fit.

He's got the ability to play in space, Tennessee dropped him into coverage a noticeable amount in the film of him that I watched, and he didn't look like a fish out of water.

natagu23 02-23-2017 10:58 AM

Favorite corner in the draft?

I like Lattimore. He has pretty good ball skills and ideal size.

FatDT 02-23-2017 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 3186)
He's got the ability to play in space, Tennessee dropped him into coverage a noticeable amount in the film of him that I watched, and he didn't look like a fish out of water.

Maybe that's true, there's lots of football I have not watched. I think he would be more successful early if his responsibilities were limited DE. I don't have to tell you that playing in space in the NFL is a lot different than in CFB.

smitty46953 02-25-2017 01:30 PM

The Colts picked up a 2017 compensatory draft pick. Pick number 38 in the 4th round. This is pick #144 overall... Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. The formula was developed by the NFL Management Council. Not every free agent lost or signed by a club is covered by this formula.


Lost: Coby Fleener; Jerrell Freeman, Dwight Lowery

Gained: Patrick Robinson, Scott Tolzien

:cool:

omahacolt 02-25-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 3411)
The Colts picked up a 2017 compensatory draft pick. Pick number 38 in the 4th round. This is pick #144 overall... Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors. The formula was developed by the NFL Management Council. Not every free agent lost or signed by a club is covered by this formula.


Lost: Coby Fleener; Jerrell Freeman, Dwight Lowery

Gained: Patrick Robinson, Scott Tolzien

:cool:

i would rather have kept freeman and lowery

smitty46953 02-25-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 3414)
i would rather have kept freeman and lowery

Me too ...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Indiana V2 02-26-2017 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 3414)
i would rather have kept freeman and lowery

Dumb Grigson.

Butter 02-26-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiana V2 (Post 3454)
Dumb Grigson.

That may well have been an equal part Pags and his inability to work with the talent he has. Freeney was more a system issue than talent.

PeytonsForehead 03-01-2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 3459)
That may well have been an equal part Pags and his inability to work with the talent he has. Freeney was more a system issue than talent.

Fire PAGS! You find a place for a guy like that!

Coltsalr 03-02-2017 03:45 PM

Stephen Holder‏ @HolderStephen
Dalvin Cook just got doone w interviews here. Says he meets w Colts tonight. That's relevant bc of Ballard. KC meets w most its picks here.


Now everyone can freak out over this.

omahacolt 03-02-2017 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 3965)
Stephen Holder‏ @HolderStephen
Dalvin Cook just got doone w interviews here. Says he meets w Colts tonight. That's relevant bc of Ballard. KC meets w most its picks here.


Now everyone can freak out over this.

let me try this again since you fucked it up last time



boooo fuck you ballard.


see. you ruined it. you are as worthless as pagano, alr

FatDT 03-03-2017 09:27 AM

No chance Cook is drafted by the Colts in the 1st.

He has some character issues, the interview is probably just in case he falls out of the first round.

I'd be happy with Alvin Kamara, if we do draft a RB. Not in the 1st, obviously. 2nd or 3rd.

Wyatt 03-03-2017 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Colts have lost the coin toss to the Eagles, and will be picking #15 overall

sherck 03-03-2017 02:56 PM

I cannot imagine it is going to make much of a difference.

We can pick a WR just as well at 15 as at 14.

Oh, wait. Grigson is not GM anymore. :)

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

smitty46953 03-03-2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyatt (Post 4089)
The Colts have lost the coin toss to the Eagles, and will be picking #15 overall

I heard we won the toss, but Pagano deferred ? :cool:

Wyatt 03-03-2017 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 4110)
I heard we won the toss, but Pagano deferred ? :cool:

You win the internet for today with that one!

Oldcolt 03-03-2017 05:27 PM

Hopefully Philly will take a running back and none will be left for us. I want pass rushers. If there are ones who are available and worth the pick I would like to see us go pass rusher on both the first two rounds, since this is a draft supposedly deep there. I remember Polian once saying you never pass on a pass rusher or qb.

Wyatt 03-03-2017 05:38 PM

I believe Philly is looking at WR's, that being said, I wouldn't be opposed to trading back with someone to get multiple picks this year, with as deep as the draft is in our areas of need

njcoltfan 03-03-2017 06:20 PM

Would have been nice to start the off season with a win, even if it was just a coin flip.

apballin 03-04-2017 09:55 AM

I'm hoping Foster falls to us after the surgery and the confrontation that got him sent home

omahacolt 03-04-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 4164)
I'm hoping Foster falls to us after the surgery and the confrontation that got him sent home

is he a fucking nutjob or what

YDFL Commish 03-04-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 4164)
I'm hoping Foster falls to us after the surgery and the confrontation that got him sent home

I'm not so sure I want him now. The combine incident, the injury history and where i saw where one scout says he's not a MIKE LB, that he's a 4-3 WILL scares me.

apballin 03-04-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 4178)
is he a fucking nutjob or what

C'mon that's the meanstreak you want in a MLB

Coltsalr 03-04-2017 09:32 PM

Florida State RB Dalvin Cook tested as ninth-percentile SPARQ athlete at the NFL Combine.
Tennessee RB Alvin Kamara had the highest SPARQ score of any back in Indy, hitting the 79th percentile. Cook was at the opposite end of the spectrum, struggling in the three-cone drill (7.27), 20-yard shuttle (4.53), vertical (30.5"), and broad jump (9'8"). He did run a solid forty (4.49). Still, it was a concerning weekend for a back considered a potential first-round pick. According to 3 Sigma Athlete's Zach Whitman, no running back who tested as a sub-10th-percentile SPARQ athlete has been drafted in the first round in the last 17 years.
Source: 3sigmaathlete.com Mar 4 - 8:23 PM



I...would take Dalvin Cook in the 2nd round. Flame away.

YDFL Commish 03-04-2017 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 4217)
Florida State RB Dalvin Cook tested as ninth-percentile SPARQ athlete at the NFL Combine.
Tennessee RB Alvin Kamara had the highest SPARQ score of any back in Indy, hitting the 79th percentile. Cook was at the opposite end of the spectrum, struggling in the three-cone drill (7.27), 20-yard shuttle (4.53), vertical (30.5"), and broad jump (9'8"). He did run a solid forty (4.49). Still, it was a concerning weekend for a back considered a potential first-round pick. According to 3 Sigma Athlete's Zach Whitman, no running back who tested as a sub-10th-percentile SPARQ athlete has been drafted in the first round in the last 17 years.
Source: 3sigmaathlete.com Mar 4 - 8:23 PM



I...would take Dalvin Cook in the 2nd round. Flame away.

I really don't get your infatuation with Cook? There are possibly10 RB's in the draft who could have better NFL careers and still be drafted later than Cook.

With all the needs on defense the Colts cannot draft a RB earlier than the 3rd round. They just can't.

Coltsalr 03-04-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 4220)
I really don't get your infatuation with Cook? There are possibly10 RB's in the draft who could have better NFL careers and still be drafted later than Cook.

With all the needs on defense the Colts cannot draft a RB earlier than the 3rd round. They just can't.

Sure anybody COULD do better, but I watched a lot of him at FSU (I hate Florida State, so I watched plenty rooting against them) and I think he has what it takes to be truly remarkable.

The bottom line is, I think he's absolutely nasty and he'd absolutely take our offense to the next level.

That said, I'm of course as aware as anyone of our defensive needs. I'm also hoping that Reuben Foster's little meltdown where he had to leave the Combine drops him to us at #15.

smitty46953 03-05-2017 03:24 AM

With the 15th pick ... Bobby Boucher Linebacker :cool:


http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...psf7g86gag.jpg

omahacolt 03-05-2017 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 4220)
I really don't get your infatuation with Cook? There are possibly10 RB's in the draft who could have better NFL careers and still be drafted later than Cook.

With all the needs on defense the Colts cannot draft a RB earlier than the 3rd round. They just can't.

He is a pats fan.

That is why he wants the colts to pick a rb

Coltsalr 03-05-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 4236)
He is a pats fan.

That is why he wants the colts to pick a rb


Your hero man-crush once dealt a 1st round pick for a RB.

Same thing, except this guy will be actually, you know, good.

omahacolt 03-05-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 4237)
Your hero man-crush once dealt a 1st round pick for a RB.

Same thing, except this guy will be actually, you know, good.

that never happened

Dam8610 03-05-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 4252)
that never happened

I understand if you've drank enough to forget Trent Richardson, but that trade happened.

apballin 03-05-2017 03:56 PM

Fuck a RB unless Fournette falls to us we GOTTA GO DEFENSE

Coltsalr 03-05-2017 03:57 PM

mchappell51
Add Florida S Marcus Maye to list of players who've met w/Colts. Also DEs Solomon Thomas (Stan), Tarell Basham (Ohio) Davon Godchaux LSU)

I like Marcus Maye a lot. He'd be a reach in the 1st round (not sure I've seen any Mock with him in the first round), but he'd be an awesome get later on. CBS has him at #101 overall, which seems low to me, I think.

@natagu, I know you're a Gators fan, any opinion on him?

Solomon Thomas would be a phenomenal get at #15, but i'd be stunned if we pulled that off.

sherck 03-05-2017 03:57 PM

Lots of 1 or 2 year vet RBs in market.

FIX THE DEFENSE

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Puck 03-05-2017 04:20 PM

Peppers is kind of a moron.... he's talented but he's as much of an attention whore as Race is a post whore

omahacolt 03-05-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 4260)
I understand if you've drank enough to forget Trent Richardson, but that trade happened.

Has nothing to do with my man crush

Coltsalr 03-05-2017 09:07 PM

Give me this guy as a Day 3 sleeper:

Quote:

Overview

D.J. (David, Junior) Jones is a short, stout, and athletic nose tackle who excelled for the Rebels the past two seasons but didn't earn all-conference honors from SEC coaches or media. The South Carolina native was a top-five junior college recruit nationally after starring at East Mississippi Junior College (21.5 tackles for loss, 12 sacks in two years), which won two national championships while he was here. Jones played in every game in 2015, starting three, making 40 tackles, 5.5 for loss, and four sacks. Rebels coaches started him all 12 games in his senior year (30 tackles, three TFL, two sacks).
Analysis
Strengths Has a big bubble and plays with a wide base. Outrageous weight room strength with monster numbers in clean, bench, and squat. Plays low and fires upward strikes to elevate the blocker's center of gravity. Has the play strength to rip through an edge once he gets to it. Has quick hands and is nice with the swim move. Has necessary play traits to be an effective rusher in the twist game. Rare reactive athleticism and short-area lateral quickness for an interior player. Extended tackle radius allows him to close out running lanes away from his gap. Keeps hounding runners down the field for the tackle. Instinctive and quickly sniffs out screen passes. Very rarely on ground.
Weaknesses Has a stocky frame with short arms and lacks the length teams like. Lack of size could be an issue against NFL double teams. Motor gets him too juiced at times. Needs to gather himself to prevent running past his target. Was unable to overpower strong guards in man-to-man contest. Productivity fell way off over the second half of the season. Despite his impressive athleticism, lacked impact tackle production.
Sources Tell Us "Go back and watch his tape from early in the season and then from late in the season and you will see a different player. At least that is what I thought. I just thought he looked like he kind of ran out of gas later in the year. He moves around like a fullback but he didn't make that many plays. That worries you as a coach." - SEC offensive coach
NFL Comparison Grady Jarrett
Bottom Line Jones has a freaky combination of power and athleticism that isn't seen all that often. While his playing style is reminiscent of Grady Jarrett's, keep in mind that he's a bigger player. Despite his impressive play attributes, Jones failed to generate the production that his flashes on tape would indicate he's capable of. If a coach can unlock more consistency, Jones has a chance to flourish as a one-gapping nose with three-down ability.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...nes?id=2558265

Sounds like a new and improved David Parry. 321 pounds and a 5.05 40 time is pretty damn good. And having a guy that compares to Grady Jarrett would be rather nice.

YDFL Commish 03-05-2017 10:10 PM

I am firmly in the Derek Barnett camp right now.

I don't care that he a 4.88 40 either. His 10 yd split of 1.70 was respectable, as were his other drills. Also, his 3-cone drill was up there with the best of them. Also, he doesn't look lost dropping into coverage.

I'm also a big fan of Kansas St. Jordan Willis. I've seen him play a few times, he would be a nice option in round 2 or 3.

I really don't care that Ryan Anderson didn't test all that well either. I think we've all seen what that dude can do.

I watched a lot of tape on Hassan Reddick, and really don't know what to think. It really sucks, when you watch defensive play against all of these spread teams that are the norm in CFB today. That's why I love watching tape of defensive players against Michigan. Reddick is used all over the field against those teams and I really couldn't get a handle on what he is, OLB, DE, ILB or none of the above.

Come on Ballard, draft 3 LB's in the first 3 rounds. Just do it damn-it!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.