ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2020 Draft Day 3 Discussion Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100238)

Ironshaft 04-25-2020 01:15 PM

After hearing Ballard for months, there is no way that they drafted a QB whom they don't have complete confidence has all the tools to be a starter in the NFL. They did not draft a QB just to have one in development.

Now, if Easton comes in, works his butt of and earns it, he could be our starter in a year or two; I have little doubt about his talent.

Love the value of this in the 4th round. Would have hated picking him in the 2nd round.

Maniac 04-25-2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 160032)
Not necessarily. What happens if Rivers gets hurt?

Then either Kelly or Eason comes in and gets some experience.

Are the Colts going to keep 3 QB's on the active roster all year?

YDFL Commish 04-25-2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac (Post 160033)
I would rather keep Kelly over Brissett. At least Kelly has upside. We know Brissett sucks.

I like the combination of Brissett and Rivers showinmg Eason how to work in the NFL. The won't allow him to slack off.

Now trading Brissett before the trade deadline, mid-season would make sense.

Maniac 04-25-2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 160036)
I like the combination of Brissett and Rivers showinmg Eason how to work in the NFL. The won't allow him to slack off.

Now trading Brissett before the trade deadline, mid-season would make sense.

Why can't Rivers do that on his own? Why does he need Brissett there to do the same thing?

Ballard will probably keep Brissett and cut Kelly, but I'm over Brissett already.

YDFL Commish 04-25-2020 01:31 PM

Really like CB Amik Robertson form La Tech in the 5th. He would be nice to have behind Kenny Moore.

Hoopsdoc 04-25-2020 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac (Post 160033)
I would rather keep Kelly over Brissett. At least Kelly has upside. We know Brissett sucks.

Nonsense. Kelly is less than nothing, a complete unknown. We know Brissett can win some, if forced into action.

omahacolt 04-25-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 160039)
Nonsense. Kelly is less than nothing, a complete unknown. We know Brissett can win some, if forced into action.

Brissett needs to be gone. He is a losing prospect at qb

rm1369 04-25-2020 01:39 PM

I’m surprised at the choice of Eason with the leadership and work ethic concerns. Hopefully it means those concerns were just overblown. Between Rivers and JB he’ll have some decent leadership examples to learn from. The physical characteristics are definitely intriguing.

YDFL Commish 04-25-2020 01:53 PM

Wonder why CB Bryce Hall has slipped so far.

YDFL Commish 04-25-2020 02:13 PM

I'm looking at Hunter Bryant, Bryce Hall and Curtis Weaver here.

JAFF 04-25-2020 02:17 PM

BS BS BSU. Worlds tiny mighty bird

rcubed 04-25-2020 02:19 PM

Brissett will be traded by deadline unless rivers gets an injury.

Rivers is starter for two years. By then we will know if eason has enough and he will become starter or we look for another guy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YDFL Commish 04-25-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 160056)
Brissett will be traded by deadline unless rivers gets an injury.

Rivers is starter for two years. By then we will know if eason has enough and he will become starter or we look for another guy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly how I feel.

Hoopsdoc 04-25-2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 160040)
Brissett needs to be gone. He is a losing prospect at qb

In a pinch, you’d rather have Kelly than Brissett? That’s dumb. Really dumb.

Racehorse 04-25-2020 02:30 PM

Pinter? At least it is not PaINTer.

Ironshaft 04-25-2020 02:35 PM

An interesting pick at OG.

One year starter after being a TE for years in college. Late bloomer.

I wonder if they are looking at him for interior O-Line or back as a blocking TE?

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 04-25-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironshaft (Post 160065)

I wonder if they are looking at him for interior O-Line or back as a blocking TE?

On Colts.com, they list him as an O-Lineman. If a team plans to convert a player to a different position, they usually list the new position instead of the position played in college.

smitty46953 04-25-2020 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironshaft (Post 160065)
An interesting pick at OG.

One year starter after being a TE for years in college. Late bloomer.

I wonder if they are looking at him for interior O-Line or back as a blocking TE?

Interesting article on Pinter, I like the pick


https://www.thestarpress.com/story/s...ng/5072088002/

:cool:

IndyNorm 04-25-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 160056)
Brissett will be traded by deadline unless rivers gets an injury.

Rivers is starter for two years. By then we will know if eason has enough and he will become starter or we look for another guy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This probably depends on how the start of the season goes and how Eason progresses. If we're off to a good start and looking like a playoff team and Eason isn't ready to fill in yet, then we could keep Brissett and let him walk after the year.

IndyNorm 04-25-2020 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 160062)
In a pinch, you’d rather have Kelly than Brissett? That’s dumb. Really dumb.

On top of the complete unknown on the field (at least against 1st team defenses) you also have to factor in the off the field risks from Kelly. As soon as he feels like he's off a short leash, he could very well go back to get fucked up and breaking into peoples' houses.

rcubed 04-25-2020 02:59 PM

2020 Draft Day 3 Discussion Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 160068)
This probably depends on how the start of the season goes and how Eason progresses. If we're off to a good start and looking like a playoff team and Eason isn't ready to fill in yet, then we could keep Brissett and let him walk after the year.

Also a good possibility.

I was thinking ballard would like to get a pick for him rather than just let him leave.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chromeburn 04-25-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 160050)
Wonder why CB Bryce Hall has slipped so far.

He is labeled as a zone corner and not fast enough for man

IndyNorm 04-25-2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 160041)
I’m surprised at the choice of Eason with the leadership and work ethic concerns. Hopefully it means those concerns were just overblown. Between Rivers and JB he’ll have some decent leadership examples to learn from. The physical characteristics are definitely intriguing.

I wonder if a lot of the work ethic concerns are from his time at Georgia and not Washington. I could see a situation where up until college his talent probably carried him without having to work hard along with too much partying in his early college days.

IndyNorm 04-25-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 160070)
Also a good possibility.

I was thinking ballard would like to get a pick for him rather than just let him leave.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ideally I think you're right. I just think that if we're marching towards the playoffs and Eason isn't ready to fill in that Ballard and Reich will want to keep Brissett as insurance in case Rivers gets hurt.

Chromeburn 04-25-2020 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 160079)
I wonder if a lot of the work ethic concerns are from his time at Georgia and not Washington. I could see a situation where up until college his talent probably carried him without having to work hard along with too much partying in his early college days.

Rumor was he didn't know the whole offense at UW despite a year on the bench. But those are rumors, hard to put much stock in them. I would think the coaching staff has much better access and knowledge. He has the arm, I think he folds a lot under pressure. Colorado just destroyed him this year and he didn't know what to do. There were maturity issues at Georgia I think too. Liked to party. There was speculation that he would do better at a small market than a big market where he has more opportunity to get in trouble.

Still for the 4th round he is a pretty good value.

Brylok 04-25-2020 03:19 PM

My gut instinct tells me that Eason is a spoiled, punk ass prima donna, but I hope that's wrong. He and his family (and trophy girlfriend) pouting on the couch with their mad faces on as he fell through the draft order was a baddd look. We shall see.

JAFF 04-25-2020 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironshaft (Post 160065)
An interesting pick at OG.

One year starter after being a TE for years in college. Late bloomer.

I wonder if they are looking at him for interior O-Line or back as a blocking TE?

Good athlete, tough enough to step inside

YDFL Commish 04-25-2020 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 160081)

Still for the 4th round he is a pretty good value.

Damn straight it's good value. It's a gamble, but a low risk/high reward gamble.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 04-25-2020 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 160081)
But those are rumors, hard to put much stock in them. I would think the coaching staff has much better access and knowledge.

I mentioned in the Eason thread that it might be a bit easier to vet in this particular instance.

I would think that current Colts coach Chris Strausser could really dig up information about Eason by talking with former colleagues at UW. Strausser and Eason's time at Washington didn't overlap but Chris will know plenty of people to talk to for intel.

smitty46953 04-25-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 160083)
My gut instinct tells me that Eason is a spoiled, punk ass prima donna, but I hope that's wrong. He and his family (and trophy girlfriend) pouting on the couch with their mad faces on as he fell through the draft order was a baddd look. We shall see.

Yes, I noticed that too... Need smack that ego out of him. Needs quit worrying about his endorsements and learn to be a man and not a Diva... :cool:

omahacolt 04-25-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 160083)
My gut instinct tells me that Eason is a spoiled, punk ass prima donna, but I hope that's wrong. He and his family (and trophy girlfriend) pouting on the couch with their mad faces on as he fell through the draft order was a baddd look. We shall see.

I really appreciate the quick and decisive judgement on the kid. Well done

omahacolt 04-25-2020 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 160062)
In a pinch, you’d rather have Kelly than Brissett? That’s dumb. Really dumb.

I would rather have not Brissett. I know what I get with Brissett and it is losing football.

Chromeburn 04-25-2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 160086)
I mentioned in the Eason thread that it might be a bit easier to vet in this particular instance.

I would think that current Colts coach Chris Strausser could really dig up information about Eason by talking with former colleagues at UW. Strausser and Eason's time at Washington didn't overlap but Chris will know plenty of people to talk to for intel.

Supposedly at Georgia he progressed a lot. They have one of the best QB coaches in college and he said Eason made a ton of progress but people didn’t get to see that on the field bc of losing his job to Fromm.

Chromeburn 04-25-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 160083)
My gut instinct tells me that Eason is a spoiled, punk ass prima donna, but I hope that's wrong. He and his family (and trophy girlfriend) pouting on the couch with their mad faces on as he fell through the draft order was a baddd look. We shall see.

That’s a tough spot. I can think of many QBs that have fallen over the years. How they handled it. I think he was told late first to second round by committee. He really should have stayed for another year, but UW head coach retired.

IndyNorm 04-25-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 160081)
Rumor was he didn't know the whole offense at UW despite a year on the bench. But those are rumors, hard to put much stock in them. I would think the coaching staff has much better access and knowledge. He has the arm, I think he folds a lot under pressure. Colorado just destroyed him this year and he didn't know what to do. There were maturity issues at Georgia I think too. Liked to party. There was speculation that he would do better at a small market than a big market where he has more opportunity to get in trouble.

Still for the 4th round he is a pretty good value.

Yeah, the playbook thing would be a concern if true. If he's cleaned up the partying then IMO it's not a big deal, since most college freshman party too hard. It's brought up a lot that his completion percentage in the first half was much better than the 4th quarter (something like 70% vs. 58%) which could mean he and/or the UW staff have a hard time making adjustments.

Anyway, agree on the value in the 4th. With his physical talent, if he can put it together then he'll be a steal. If not then it's not a big deal.

IndyNorm 04-25-2020 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 160086)
I mentioned in the Eason thread that it might be a bit easier to vet in this particular instance.

I would think that current Colts coach Chris Strausser could really dig up information about Eason by talking with former colleagues at UW. Strausser and Eason's time at Washington didn't overlap but Chris will know plenty of people to talk to for intel.

Yeah, saw that. Think it's an excellent point.

Spike 04-25-2020 03:51 PM

Why in the hell did the Colts trade a pick to the Pats? I wouldn't ever help those bastards.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 04-25-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 160101)
Why in the hell did the Colts trade a pick to the Pats? I wouldn't ever help those bastards.


Ballard wanted more picks.

Colts trade pick 6.182 to the Cheats for picks 6.212 and 6.213

YDFL Commish 04-25-2020 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 160101)
Why in the hell did the Colts trade a pick to the Pats? I wouldn't ever help those bastards.

Ballard wins every trade with them...no worries.

IndyNorm 04-25-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 160101)
Why in the hell did the Colts trade a pick to the Pats? I wouldn't ever help those bastards.

I agree. Even if it's a good deal for us; fuck them.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.