ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Omaha (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51906)

smitty46953 09-11-2018 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 79098)
fuck that.


i am staying put.

Got a kite ? :cool:

omahacolt 09-11-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 79126)
That only works as long as the pumping stations maintain power. You may want to filter/boil the water as who knows how this will impact the quality of the water. Stay safe and tie your shoelaces really tight. If I have learned anything on reddit if the shoes fly off you dead.
I triple knot and duct tape my shoes on now.

Haha what?

I will have filtered water in lots of containers for use. Shouldn’t have an issue boiling water. And I guess I have duct tape for my shoes.

omahacolt 09-11-2018 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 79127)
I was there during Mathew also, my son got married that weekend, lots of rain and wind, hopefully that’s all you get this weekend.

I went to the coast a week after Mathew and saw the damage and flooding that occurred in areas. I won’t be doing that after this one since I work mostly in Durham now.

Growing up in Indiana and living in Nebraska so long I am used to tornadoes. Pretty much ignored the warnings and watched like most people. It is odd to see people so worried about a storm. But I also never lost power for weeks at a time. Sounds miserable

I just hope I have internet sunday. And beer

omahacolt 09-11-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 79132)
Got a kite ? :cool:

No

Spike 09-11-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 79097)
thanks dude


not sure what to expect. we had Hurricane Mathew come through a couple years ago but it wasn't much of anything.


people are freaking the fuck out over this one. i should be pretty good. i don't have enough emergency water but if we lose power water should still flow anyway. got some batteries and flashlights and propane to grill up some shit. a charchoal backup.

should be good to go. thanks though

Forget the water, make sure you have enough beer and ice on hand. Be safe Omaha.

Coltsalr 09-11-2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 79098)
fuck that.


i am staying put.

I’d bail.

Coltsalr 09-11-2018 10:40 PM

Also, I think Doc Spaceman is also from NC?

To any and all Freaks in the area, stay safe!

Brylok 09-11-2018 11:57 PM

Good luck, omaha. The last projected forecast I saw said that the Raleigh area would get 6 inches of rain. That was a few hours ago, so I don't know if it's changed. You should definitely get some beer and ice just in case.

JAFF 09-12-2018 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt Classic (Post 79120)
They're saying up to 30 inches of rain! I was watching the Louisville/Indiana State game and the announcers were scared they'd be stuck in the stadium and they were only dealing with 5 inches of rain. Build the Ark!

They built the Lousiville stadium in the lowest part of town. The college flooded back when the tornado came through right around the Rider Cup competition. The highest part of town is by the baseball stadium, which is by the river. Go figure

GoBigBlue88 09-12-2018 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 79135)
Haha what?

I will have filtered water in lots of containers for use. Shouldn’t have an issue boiling water. And I guess I have duct tape for my shoes.

I think the shoes thing comes into play because people who lose their shoes and have to go barefoot or just socks in high water tend to get cuts, which get infected by nasty ass stormwater.

But I would have far moreso prioritized having booze and non-power reliant communication and entertainment options than shoes.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.