ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Colts draft LB C.J. Allen - Round 2, Pick 53 (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211278)

Dam8610 04-27-2026 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Session (Post 347096)
The Franklin comparisons make sense to me, personally.

Without getting too detailed, Franklin ultimately was a productive player for us. He won an All-Pro award, afterall. (IDK how, but he did). If we won more, Franklin probably gets a lot more pro-bowls. I found his personality off the field exhausting, and I won't miss him, but on the field Franklin played above his talent level and I respect that.

I've watched Allen against Alabama, Florida, Texas, Georgia Tech, and part of Ole Miss. I thought he looked good against Florida but I was not impressed with much else. Being better than Franklin at coverage is not something to write home about. I do not see a sideline to sideline guy but I do see one that fundamentally attempts to play downhill. I do not see a guy that deals with blockers well, but in games like Florida I did see some downhill plays where he works through traffic well and shows vision.

what games are y'all watching? I've only watched 2025 tape. What am I missing?

It's 2025 tape. He has a few good coverage reps against Auburn and Tennessee. One vs. Auburn was incredible, Zaire would've fallen down trying to make that play.

Oldcolt 04-27-2026 10:30 AM

I would say you got it backwards Mr Session. If Franklin had played better and won more pro bowls we would have won more.

Mr. Session 04-27-2026 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 347111)
I would say you got it backwards Mr Session. If Franklin had played better and won more pro bowls we would have won more.

Pro bowls are a joke, I don't think they mean anything.

I still feel like he overproduced. To me he is slow and short but he's tough and a fighter.

If he wasn't annoying off the field, he'd be loved here.

YDFL Commish 04-27-2026 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Session (Post 347113)
Pro bowls are a joke, I don't think they mean anything.

I still feel like he overproduced. To me he is slow and short but he's tough and a fighter.

If he wasn't annoying off the field, he'd be loved here.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

apballin 04-27-2026 11:29 PM

Georgia has a track record for producing top notch MLB as opposed to Syracuse.

YDFL Commish 04-28-2026 07:35 PM

A great breakdown of CJ Allen. I'm so excited to see this player on the field!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pIEzDlXdY8

Dam8610 05-10-2026 11:13 AM

I've watched more of Allen, and the more I see, the better I've liked him. There's one thing that every analysis and/or breakdown has said that, to me, informs why the Colts picked him, which is that he is a prototypical MIKE. I think Ballard wanted to address that position and know that it is addressed for a long time after the past few years of disappointment and regression from Franklin. Allen is definitely better in coverage than Franklin, but I also think the green dot and communication aspect of his game is extremely valuable and something that I'm sure teams value a lot more than independent scouts. Barring injury, I think we have our long term starting MIKE.

Colts And Orioles 08-23-2026 07:58 PM

o


Allen's NFL Debut


CJ Allen made his pre-season NFL debut on Saturday, but he did not start. The Colts’ 2nd-round rookie came in as a reserve behind Austin Ajiake and Jaylon Carlies, and totaled 3 tackles. Allen missed time throughout training camp due to calf and hamstring injuries, and as it stands now, it does not appear that he will be a surefire starter in Week 1.

In the last few training camp practices, the Colts’ starting linebackers were veteran Akeem Davis-Gaither, who did not play on Saturday along with a few other starters, and 2024 5th-round pick Jaylon Carlies ...... Allen has rotated in mostly with the 2nd-stringers. Steichen said that it was encouraging to see Allen play because he can glean more from being on the field than taking “mental reps.”

“It’s definitely tough, but that’s part of the game, Allen said of trying to get reacclimated. “I think that that’s part of just being a pro, having to learn how to adapt to those things and not letting it be an excuse or anything like that.”




SOURCE: l James Boyd

o


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.