ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   5 free agent losses (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210500)

YDFL Commish 04-01-2026 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 346000)
Racehorse, I totally agree all 5 can easily be replaced. None was a stud, all were just mediocre. Finding another mediocre player isn't the hardest thing, and really that is what we have found so far. I strongly disagree about the depth on this team, we don't even have starters at linebacker much less backups. Who backs up the offensive line, running back, wide receiver or quarterback? Our defensive back actually look like a normal team, we have studs starting (all free agents or trades-Ballard has missed on every db he has drafted) with young developmental types waiting/learning in the wings.We seem to have improved our defensive line depth, which is great, we just don't have any real pass rushers that can rush the passer when it counts. There are a ton of holes to fill with the draft. Ballard better revert back to his early years of drafting studs.

I actually thought that Racehorse post may be in jest?

Racehorse 04-01-2026 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 346024)
I actually thought that Racehorse post may be in jest?

Nope. I love Pittman, but we have playmakers enough without him. I also think Cross is a good safety, but he lacks in coverage, despite his excellent play against the run. Smith was good, but missed a lot of games, and will fall off a cliff in Houston. Franklin already fell off his cliff. Kwity never really got on the cliff to fall off.

ukcolt 04-02-2026 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 345987)
Totally disagree this may be the deepest team Ballard has assembled.

There’s depth at every position and that’s pre draft.

Akeem Davis Gather and Cam Taylor Britt will have huge impact on this defense.

There’s depth at every position aside from defensive end, but I look for that to be addressed in the draft

I agree to some extent that we do have depth at some positions, but we are not deep at RB, offensive line, nor linebacker. Don't think anyone can argue that we do! Could also argue QB, if we do trade Richardson.

I like the TE depth, i am actually ok with the wide receivers, people seem to think we need to draft someone fairly high, but i am ok with redistributing the ball amongst our receiving corps. I am expecting bigger things from Pierce, Downs and Warren. We could then do with Dulin, NWI, and the lower depth guys to contribute a little more than they did last year. The depth at DE is fairly good, but we need a starter to replace Kwaye's role. At corner i think we could end up trading away a couple of guys for picks, Jones, Blackmon potentially. We would still have Gardner, Ward, Moore, Walley, Britt-Taylor, with Mitchell as the No. 6 guy and i really liked some of what i saw out of Edwards, another year and he could develop into something worth keeping. I am also ok with the safety position. Do i think we have upgraded the loss of Cross, no, but i do like the fact that we have Wohler, Thomas, Owens and Scott, the Colts also felt good enough to keep Lowery on the 53 man roster throughout the entire season, so they must see something in him that they like.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.