ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   My take (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151781)

CanuckColt 10-16-2022 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 245037)
I was sincerely impressed with Deon Jackson today. He’s extremely limited but he plays with heart and tenacity. If there’s a crease, he usually finds it n

Yep.
Can we get rid of Hines now? or demote him down to inactive for games?
Jackson deserves to be RB2.
Hines just causes problems for our game-planning trying to figure out how to use him.

njcoltfan 10-16-2022 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanuckColt (Post 245082)
Yep.
Can we get rid of Hines now? or demote him down to inactive for games?
Jackson deserves to be RB2.
Hines just causes problems for our game-planning trying to figure out how to use him.

You use him the same way you use Jackson.

Butter 10-17-2022 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanuckColt (Post 245082)
Yep.
Can we get rid of Hines now? or demote him down to inactive for games?
Jackson deserves to be RB2.
Hines just causes problems for our game-planning trying to figure out how to use him.

Well, that would be stupid.

Butter 10-17-2022 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 245089)
You use him the same way you use Jackson.

As the primary back? That is Taylor's job when he is healthy.

Discflinger 10-17-2022 04:09 AM

Definitely Paris’s coming out party. Let’s hope it builds confidence. I liked Gracon trying to get involved after last week even though he lost on a couple receptions. He might be the gem Frank wanted. Pitt is the real deal but I knew that 2 pt was no good from the get go. Pierce might end up being our best receiver in time. Teach, Reggie, teach!!!

HoosierinFL 10-17-2022 08:22 AM

I’m definitely on board with the idea that Jackson does everything people say Hines can do. ANd he does it better because he actually breaks tackles. I can’t recall a single time I’ve seen Hines make a guy miss or run through an arm tackle.

On a pass play, Hines catches the ball and is immediately tackled, he never gets YAC. (And he sometimes drops passes). On run plays he never gets more than 1-2 yards before he’s down. He would not have scored that hard TD Jackson got. With Hines as the primary back last night, I guarantee we lose.

I”m of the opinion that in the offseason we can package Hines, Leonard, Kenny Moore, Odeyingbo (he’s a bust), and a 3rd round pick to get a high 1st round pick.

WHy Leonard? Even though he’s made numerous big plays, I think 1) he’s peaked and 2) the trio of Okereke, Franklin and Speed is a pretty good linebacker corps. I think this group would make great trade bait to a team that needs to upgrade their defense, like the Seahawks or Cardinals, both of which are likely to end up with a top 10 (or even top 5) pick.

ChaosTheory 10-17-2022 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 245094)
As the primary back? That is Taylor's job when he is healthy.

Yes. This is why I say I hope I don't see him much the rest of the way. I'm really glad to have him on the team, but him playing means Taylor is out, not Hines.

I haven't soured on Hines like some have. We've seen how dynamic he is. Before yesterday, nobody on this offense has had a chance to breathe.

Hoopsdoc 10-17-2022 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 245106)
I’m definitely on board with the idea that Jackson does everything people say Hines can do. ANd he does it better because he actually breaks tackles. I can’t recall a single time I’ve seen Hines make a guy miss or run through an arm tackle.

On a pass play, Hines catches the ball and is immediately tackled, he never gets YAC. (And he sometimes drops passes). On run plays he never gets more than 1-2 yards before he’s down. He would not have scored that hard TD Jackson got. With Hines as the primary back last night, I guarantee we lose.

I”m of the opinion that in the offseason we can package Hines, Leonard, Kenny Moore, Odeyingbo (he’s a bust), and a 3rd round pick to get a high 1st round pick.

WHy Leonard? Even though he’s made numerous big plays, I think 1) he’s peaked and 2) the trio of Okereke, Franklin and Speed is a pretty good linebacker corps. I think this group would make great trade bait to a team that needs to upgrade their defense, like the Seahawks or Cardinals, both of which are likely to end up with a top 10 (or even top 5) pick.

Sorry, but that’s dumb. For about a million different reasons. Colts would be idiotic to do that.

That’s way to many good players for one draft pick, not even mentioning sending a third round pick as well.

And besides, no team would take that offer. Hines and Leonard both make pretty good money and Kenny Moore wants a new contract. Not a lot of teams that could even make that work.

CletusPyle 10-17-2022 10:15 AM

Excellent posts here in this thread....I'm not sure if it is the routes being run (taking too long to develop), Ryan holding the ball too long, or our receivers just not being quick off the snap and taking too long to get separation...yes the OL needs to protect better, but Ryan is holding the ball too long in many cases. It just seems like too many of our pass plays take too long to develop....you can get away with that when your QB is mobile like MaHomes or Josh Allen, but Ryan needs to dink and dunk more, when he does that he seems to find a rhythm and the offense is pretty effective!

albany ed 10-17-2022 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanuckColt (Post 245082)
Yep.
Can we get rid of Hines now? or demote him down to inactive for games?
Jackson deserves to be RB2.
Hines just causes problems for our game-planning trying to figure out how to use him.

I'm a fan of Hines, and if the current staff is having problems trying to figure out how to use him, they're fucking idiots.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.