ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Taylor has requested to be traded. (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164963)

Oldcolt 08-11-2023 03:55 PM

He has no leverage. Good line, don’t NEED him. If the line sucks it won’t matter who is the running back.

rm1369 08-11-2023 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 270762)
Yea it's such a bad gamble. If the Colts offensive line improves, and they start running the ball effectively without JT, then all his leverage evaporates. The only way for him to get paid is to play and play well.

Agreed. Which is part of the reason I think he has a real injury (not just “holding out”) and it’s potentially a bigger issue. Explains several things including why JT is so adamant to get paid now. The issue likely leaves the possibility of it lingering. Otherwise he and his agent are pretty dumb. His best chance of getting paid is replicating 2 years ago.

ChaosTheory 08-15-2023 07:53 PM

So I guess the rumor now is that Taylor left the team to get stem cell treatment. It's honestly the first plausible explanation for leaving the team and I feel like a dummy for not considering it.

As things go on, with him leaving for a few days and the recent signings by fellow RB's seemingly putting the writing on the wall... I become more steadfast in my belief that Taylor's ankle really is lingering and that he and the Colts will make nice, he'll play, and this season will be the measuring stick for a potential (reasonable) extension.

If he plays well but the extension he wants still scares the Colts, franchise him and then the only way to lose him is to get the two 1st-rounders.

CletusPyle 08-15-2023 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory (Post 271188)
So I guess the rumor now is that Taylor left the team to get stem cell treatment. It's honestly the first plausible explanation for leaving the team and I feel like a dummy for not considering it.

As things go on, with him leaving for a few days and the recent signings by fellow RB's seemingly putting the writing on the wall... I become more steadfast in my belief that Taylor's ankle really is lingering and that he and the Colts will make nice, he'll play, and this season will be the measuring stick for a potential (reasonable) extension.

If he plays well but the extension he wants still scares the Colts, franchise him and then the only way to lose him is to get the two 1st-rounders.

I hope you're right, but Taylor did a lot of damage, to his relationship with the Colts and the fans....but both would be healed pretty quickly if JT can have a successful season and accept his new role!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ColtFreaks.com is in no way affiliated with the Indianapolis Colts, the NFL, or any of their subsidiaries.